General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, robin said:

We use satellites for Planet Hanyu members and I don't think it's used outside of this forum! Yeah Fanyu is supposed to be insulting but actual fans use that expression more and more to refer to themselves. (I'm personally still not a fan of it.)

So there isn't a real name for all his fans. I don't like fanyus either. Whenever I see it, it's someone using it mockingly. 

18 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

In Japan it's ユヅリスト (yuzurisuto)

Actually, ユヅリスト is not a popular name for Yuzu fans in Japan. It’s a name given by an announcer several years ago. At that time he didn’t know much about Yuzu or his fans, so he tried to nickname us inspired by “Sayurist,” fans of a Japanese actress Sayuri Yoshinaga. Her name finishes with a sound of “i” so calling her fans “-ist” was understandable, but Yuzu was not Yuzuri, and we didn’t want to be nicknamed by anyone who didn’t even know us, so it didn’t take root.

2 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Actually, ユヅリスト is not a popular name for Yuzu fans in Japan. It’s a name given by an announcer several years ago. At that time he didn’t know much about Yuzu or his fans, so he tried to nickname us inspired by “Sayurist,” fans of a Japanese actress Sayuri Yoshinaga. Her name finishes with a sound of “i” so calling her fans “-ist” was understandable, but Yuzu was not Yuzuri, and we didn’t want to be nicknamed by anyone who didn’t even know us, so it didn’t take root.

oh really , didn't know that since all my Japanese friends know that word and not all of them are FS followers so I was assuming it was a general thing 

I personally prefer Hanyu or Yuzuru fans. I hate labels and don't really like the idea of having names for fans as if we are some kind of cult or something , which is what is usually implied when they call as fanyus

However, I like the name satellites for the members of this forum, it is a cute inside joke and a nice way to shows that we belong here :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

An update on the knee situation on this article by Beverly Smith. Good news!
https://bevsmithwrites.wordpress.com/2017/09/23/yuzuru-hanyu-the-maestro/

Hanyu left out his quad loop – he became the first to land one in competition last season – because “he was just feeling a little bit of pain in his

knee,” Orser said. “It wasn’t one particular thing that made him go ouch. It just started to gradually get a little achy.”

After a little discussion at home, Hanyu decided to drop the loop for the moment, instead of pushing it. If not, he could have developed a more serious problem with his knee that would have been difficult to correct all season. They were smart. They stopped the nag. Orser said by the time he competed the short program on Friday, he actually was in no pain.

16 minutes ago, xeyra said:

An update on the knee situation on this article by Beverly Smith. Good news!
https://bevsmithwrites.wordpress.com/2017/09/23/yuzuru-hanyu-the-maestro/

Thanks for update!!!!:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

26 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

so what is the populate name in Japan?

Now I feel bad that I told my friend who asked today "Fanyus"