General Yuzuru Chat

I'm really devastated by this news. Was so much looking forward to see him again, his new SP, new costumes, how much has Ten to Chi to evolved, exhibition program, everything... possibly even a 4A, but that's more about wanting his dream come true rather than just wanting to see the jump per se. And now I feel so empty, I should be working right now but I just can't, just sitting numb in front my PC and crying...
What I hope the most is that the injury is not that serious. They didn't mention any estimated time of recovery. I hope it's a good sign and not vice versa.  
He looked so ready and good in the latest clips. It's so frustrating. Such deja vu... Sending him all the positive energy. I wish I could give him also my 2 healthy ankles.  

I just become a fan after Pyoengchang and in the short period of time after becoming his fan he had suffered a lot of injuries.Why the skating god always cruel to him?Im so excited to able to see him skates again as we rarely get to see him and now this happened.I just hope it is not bad as before and he will able to skate again  because based on the statement from him he is frustrated and eager to compete again.He will not be able to qualify for grand prix final now and maybe better if he withdraw from Rostelecom now and rest properly especially if he is planning to go to the Olympic and qualify tru Jnats.Anything he end up choosing i will support him its just that it is so sad that this is always happened to him.

Nothing we can do now except pray that he'll have the good sense to take it slow and let his ankle heal well, and send him our good energy for healing that ankle. 

Bet we never thought 4A meant 4 Ankle injuries but here we are, ankle injury #4 (that we know of) ....

Sorry for him. On such a high, down to a low...and we know how low he has admitted to being in the past. We'll, this is what his greatness can cost. 

NHK. Either at or aiming for, seems to be a cursed comp in Olympic lead up. He says something in public, puts extra pressure on himself and pushes the limits. Oh yuzu.

Hope he has found good rehab team in Japan. Or maybe, go to his experienced team in Toronto.... but that seems over these days. Whatever happens, Hope he is OK and with his family he will get through it. 

12 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Nothing we can do now except pray that he'll have the good sense to take it slow and let his ankle heal well, and send him our good energy for healing that ankle. 

Bet we never thought 4A meant 4 Ankle injuries but here we are, ankle injury #4 (that we know of) ....

hopefully the fact that he withdrew means he did develop the sense not to push his body through injury quite so much, and not that it was so serious he had no choice but to withdraw :59227c768286a__s:

9 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

I'm fallen from the heaven to hell :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

I thought of you after my intial shock and sadness for Yuzuru, I was so pleased for you yesterday. 

I've just cancelled my flight to Sochi as I am pretty sure Yuzu wont be going, and I'm not going if he isn't!!

We are all more worried for Yuzuru than anything else though, and I am sure he knows that, for most of us, it isn't about us, its about him!

BUT group hug to all fans, esp those who had tickets/flights/hotels booked too, it is so disappointing as we look forward to seeing Yuzuru skate so much :grouphug:

2 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Omg Yuzu!! No!!!! He injured his ankle!

I'm waiting for translations of his official statement. 

I hope it's not too serious. 

Oh no :crybaby: It really makes me very sad to hear this. I didn't really expect this news :cry:

I send my best wishes to Yuzu. Get well soon :smiley-angelic001:

Text version of his comment from NHK NEWS WEB (https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20211104/k10013334791000.html)

NHK杯にむけて全力で取り組んできましたが、たった一度の転倒で、怪我をしてしまい、とても悔しく思っています。ここまで、最善の方法を探し、考えながら練習してこられたと思っています。今回の怪我からも、また何かを得られるよう、考えて、できることに全力で取り組みます。今は少しでも早く、氷上に立つことを目指し、痛みをコントロールしながら氷上でのリハビリをし、競技レベルに戻るまでの期間をなるべく短くできるように、努力していきます。どんな状況でも、応援してくださり、いつも暖かい気持ちになっています。本当にありがとうございます。皆さまの応援の力をいただきながら、さらに進化できるように、頑張ります

and my rough translation (It seems some translations have already been posted so use it as a supplement if you can)

Spoiler

"I have been working toward NHK Trophy, putting my all into it, but with only one fall, I got injured. Now, I feel extremely kuyashii. Up until now, I have always been training while searching for/figuring out the best way. To gain something from this injury as well,  I will figure out a way and put my all into what I can.
My aim at the moment is to get back on the ice as soon as possible. I will rehabilitate on the ice while controlling my pain and do my best in getting back in competitive form as fast as possible.
Thank you so much for kindly supporting me through thick and thin. Your support has always warmed my heart. I will work hard to be able to evolve even more receiving the power of your supports."

I never thought I would read such news before reacting to some earlier comments. The description of the injury sounds similar to the ones we heard in 2017 and 2019. At the moment, it is not clear how serious it is, but it may be easier to get proper care here than in summer since the number of Covid cases is much lower now. I just hope he can receive good care and be able to get well soon.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].