General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

Yay, new programs! Of course, beung Yuzu, he will probably keep which new programs secretly secret till after just about everyone else... but we can wait.

A full media day may not be possible due to social isolation, but maybe a virtual one???

And good to hear he is taking care :img_21:

Media day... Oh, mais ou sont les neiges d`entan?...

4 hours ago, monchan said:

Btw not to be a party-pooper, but there's also possibility there's not even FS this year, and not sure when we can see FS back, and this must happen at the season that the GOD OF FIGURE SKATING finally debut new programs after 438534958 years.

IF 2020-2021 season will not push thru, the new programs will be for... dun...dun...dun... BEIJING!

If Beijing 2022 takes place as scheduled, I think it’s pretty likely Yuzu will go because it really doesn’t make sense to retire right before the Olympics? But then again if I recall correctly he did say before he probably won’t go if he doesn’t think he can win so who knows

8 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

If Beijing 2022 takes place as scheduled, I think it’s pretty likely Yuzu will go because it really doesn’t make sense to retire right before the Olympics? But then again if I recall correctly he did say before he probably won’t go if he doesn’t think he can win so who knows

Why?

1 hour ago, mokjakarma said:

IF 2020-2021 season will not push thru, the new programs will be for... dun...dun...dun... BEIJING!

I was thinking about how, just like Yuzu's whole life so far, a series of calamities and misfortunes largely out of his control is making him grow as a person and an athlete, and is leading him on a path towards the Olympics. The path is not smooth, but the cycle repeats - something painful always holds him back, and he needs to break through, and he learns something important in the process, and he gets better, and it all leads up to an Olympic Games.

2018-2019: What did we learn this season, Yuzu? To train safe. To go back to thinking like a war strategist. That just enjoying yourself isn't going to be enough in the current FS climate. That judges aren't going to do you any favours, and nothing has changed in that respect with another Olympic gold.

Personal goals not achieved, need to keep competing.

2019-2020: What did we learn this season, Yuzu? To skate from your own heart, not for anyone else. Not to keep pushing something if it doesn't feel right. That training smarter and trying new strategies can work better than exhausting yourself. That perfection is your only weapon now. That sometimes, perfection isn't even good enough, and there's nothing you can do, so just keep being you and aiming for excellence.

2020-2021: What will we probably learn this off-season and season, Yuzu? Patience. That rest and self-care are important. New off-ice training strategies. That whether your programs are new or recycled, people will still find something to pre-emptively complain about and then will complain even more when you make your choices, so just do what works for you.

Personal goals achieved, can stop.

2021-2022: Olympic season.

6 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

The thing is, coronavirus has thrown a clinker in all of that. Not only is it an open question what next season will look like, but so is how skaters will be affected by all this time off ice. Not every one of Yuzu's competitors is going to emerge from this unscathed and ready to re-enter competition the minute the season starts up. Some people will have inevitably fallen behind. I'm not at all worried about Yuzu's capability to handle this kind of a setback, but there's no telling who of his serious competitors will still be contenders when skating comes back. 

Taking that into consideration, on the whole i'd say it increases the chances that Yuzu is going to compete in Beijing.

( but you never know. Like, what if he falls in love with someone other than Ice-chan during this time away from her? :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: She's a jealous mistress, after all...)

8 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

Hmm I guess because the Olympics is like a cumulation of the past four seasons’ hard work? And many skaters retire after the Olympics as like a grand finale to their career

He isn't many skaters. He is two time olympic champion. Who already said that Beijing isn't his goal. Tho it was few months ago, so he could already change his mind.