General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, PomeloPooh said:

He exchanged a few words in Russian along the lines of "how are you? fine thanks and you?" with Kovtun at Worlds though. The potential is there! :laughing:

It was very nice of him, even though he sounded more like a baby in that attempt, which is only natural when you know less than 10 words from a foreign language. Such a cute baby Russian from Yuzu :)

20 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

You're crying? On this Planet Hanyu of Super Women, I'm destined to be a sad Tissue Box forever... :sadPooh:

There should be a special title for you, @MaxSWAGG and the third mistery man you don't know haha!

Plus, it's off season :D there's plenty of time to catch up with the post count :winky:

8 hours ago, Fay said:

Ok, if in English you have one table and two, three, ten, hundred tables, in Russian you have to play a different game. A basic form of table is 'stol' (no articles in Russian)

1. So if you have one table, you have 'odin stol' - one table, then from 2 to 4 you have 'dva stola, tri stola, chetyre stola', from 5 to 10 you have 'pyat stolov, shest stolov, sem stolov'

2. From 11 to 20 you only have 'stolov' form.

3. Then come 21 tables - 'dvadtsat odin stol' (since it contains that word 'odin'), 22-24 tables (dva, tri, chetyre) - dvadtsat dva stola etc., 25-30 - dvadtsat pyat stolov. Then you put into a loop: 31 tables - 31 stol, 43 tables - 43 stola, 67 tables - 67 stolov etc. Right up to 111

4. Then 111-120 you get 'stolov' again

5. After which you enter the loop at point 3: 121 stol, 144 stola, 189 stolov

Now this makes life difficult with the translation, because you've got to program the correct forms for replies, for instance if there are 1471 of them it's 'otvet', if there are 4362 of them, it's 'otveta', if there are 6787 or 5111, it's 'otvetov'.

The numerals 1 and 2 also have gender forms...

I wonder if I'm weird because it doesn't seem that hard to me :embSwan: It's weird, but it has its own logic... of course, if you pile more stuff on it... lol

As for languages, Yuzu is probably naturally talented and prone to be very good at them, as others have said, due to musicality, but also, due to his very sensitive hearing - he can maybe pick up nuances more than the average person - and sheer ambition :P I think if someone actually showed him correct pronunciation - even in English - he'd be able to do it perfectly in no time. Grammar... you need time. I think he's already improved a lot, considering his main activities in Canada are training and a bit of university work (by comparison). Also, to learn languages well, you need really good teachers. And as far as I know, learning English well in Japan is pretty hard.

RE: News about ICE RINK SENDAI

There were news of the same details as translated before.

:7562096:"J Channel Miyagi TV" : https://t.co/w0ltCql3V8 

:7562096:"Kahoku Shimpo"(Economic Page/Local Newspapers) :

https://t.co/A3CYyoKtGa 

:7562096:"Kahoku Shimpo-Online News" :https://t.co/xotVw6diCg

For anyone who haven't had time to follow this Chat for a

couple of days, please click below.

:68556365: Something interesting about the BEACH in the area of

this Sports Complex which wasn't translated at that time

as it had nothing to do with Figure Skating and it was too

long and too late at night.

It's an artificial 'white' beach where ones can enjoy

having a barbecue as well as camping there.

The word "Glamping" was used instead of "Camping".

Yes, it's a new Japanese English (Wa-sei-Eigo) word.

It stands for a "Glamorous Camping " :laughing: .

:kitty: :thankyou:

Didn't see this yet, but I could be delusional at this point I'm so desperate.

Yuzuru will be holding a skating class on 16th August for Elementary school kids and younger. He'll have up to 300 people attending I think including parents?? Can someone please take a look ty.

Edit: lol whoops someone beat me, please go ahead and delete if need so.

hace 27 minutos , Anony said:

Didn't see this yet, but I could be delusional at this point I'm so desperate. Please feel free to delete if already posted.

Yuzuru will be holding a skating class on 16th August for Elementary school kids and younger. He'll have up to 300 people attending I think including parents?? Can someone please take a look ty.

Something to look forward to in August! There  will be some footage in the news, I am sure, like last year in Kumamoto.

Just now, Dara said:

August 16th 14:00-16:00

- Hanyu Yuzuru Skate Exhibition

- Kids Skating Lesson (mainly by local coaches, Yuzuru will take part in coaching too)

Only residends of Kanagawa-ku can apply

Yuzu will skate children skaters? :smiley-love017: omg he will look sooo cute as he loves the little kids, I hope to see some photos or vids! :CoolDance: