General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Hydroblade said:

Hope and Legacy :D

After that the rank increases every 500 posts... but i think i'll have to add more lol

Trashbag pants needs to capitalize pants. They deserve it. :rofl:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

We have angry seaweed and boobskirt titles :P i needed another one related to his... questionable fashion choices so i settled for trashbag pants :D

Don't worry you only have to endure it for 100 posts when you hit 1900 :D

But I like those ... even if I'll have Meoima after me for 100 posts :biggrin:

Well, I guess I'll post faster than ever for those one hundred. Fair warning to all.

@Fay I know but I like these 'official ones' :laughing: most of the time. If I change once, I'll never go back, am mule-y that way!

Just now, 五十嵐 美幸 said:

I could add the specifics of counting various things in Japanese! :P

I think Hydro might have heard about the antics of numerals in Japanese, but the niceties of numeral agreement in Russian are quite entertaining too - and those were new. The thing is that translating the site is turning out to be difficult because of those. :laughing:

Just now, Fay said:

I think Hydro might have heard about the antics of numerals in Japanese, but the niceties of numeral agreement in Russian are quite entertaining too - and those were new. The thing is that translating the site is turning out to be difficult because of those. :laughing:

I don't know anything about Russian numerals, but I like new information so please feel free to educate me! :)

3 minutes ago, meoima said:

Team Brian says something about Yuzuru here: 

something about Yuzuru doesn't tell what he thinks. And that Yuzuru is passionate. I hope someone can help with a proper translation. 

It was translated at YHIFG here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1610393525875114/permalink/1916743625240101/

This is a Q&A done with Coach Orser by the publisher of “Team Brian The Legend of 300 points” posted on 15 June 2017, in the official Twitter account.

7th round posted here: 
https://twitter.com/TeamBrian2018/status/875341868615192576

The full tweet thread translation as follows:
Good evening. We will reveal the 7th round of the project of Coach Orser’s answer to all readers' questions.

Question:
If you would present Hanyu in a few words (From Sabrina H)

From Coach Orser:
It is "He does not show/tell his thoughts". I think that these are the most perfect words to represent him. Then, "passionate" also comes to mind.

That is all.

The next answer will be announced next week. Please look forward to it.

#TeamBrian2018

(Hmm... how do you embed FB posts directly in the forum? I can't seem to figure it out.)

30 minutes ago, 五十嵐 美幸 said:

I don't know anything about Russian numerals, but I like new information so please feel free to educate me! :)

Ok, if in English you have one table and two, three, ten, hundred tables, in Russian you have to play a different game. A basic form of table is 'stol' (no articles in Russian)

1. So if you have one table, you have 'odin stol' - one table, then from 2 to 4 you have 'dva stola, tri stola, chetyre stola', from 5 to 10 you have 'pyat stolov, shest stolov, sem stolov'

2. From 11 to 20 you only have 'stolov' form.

3. Then come 21 tables - 'dvadtsat odin stol' (since it contains that word 'odin'), 22-24 tables (dva, tri, chetyre) - dvadtsat dva stola etc., 25-30 - dvadtsat pyat stolov. Then you put into a loop: 31 tables - 31 stol, 43 tables - 43 stola, 67 tables - 67 stolov etc. Right up to 111

4. Then 111-120 you get 'stolov' again

5. After which you enter the loop at point 3: 121 stol, 144 stola, 189 stolov

Now this makes life difficult with the translation, because you've got to program the correct forms for replies, for instance if there are 1471 of them it's 'otvet', if there are 4362 of them, it's 'otveta', if there are 6787 or 5111, it's 'otvetov'.

The numerals 1 and 2 also have gender forms...

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

Ok, if in English you have one table and two, three, ten, hundred tables, in Russian you have to play a different game. A basic form of table is 'stol' (no articles in Russian)

1. So if you have one table, you have 'odin stol' - one table, then from 2 to 4 you have 'dva stola, tri stola, chetyre stola', from 5 to 10 you have 'pyat stolov, shest stolov, sem stolov'

2. From 11 to 20 you only have 'stolov' form.

3. Then come 21 tables - 'dvadtsat odin stol' (since it contains that word 'odin'), 22-24 tables (dva, tri, chetyre) - dvadtsat dva stola etc., 25-30 - dvadtsat pyat stolov. Then you put into a loop: 31 tables - 31 stol, 43 tables - 43 stola, 67 tables - 67 stolov etc. Right up to 111

4. Then 111-120 you get 'stolov' again

5. After which you enter the loop at point 3: 121 stol, 144 stola, 189 stolov

Now this makes life difficult with the translation, because you've got to program the correct forms for replies, for instance if there are 1471 of them it's 'otvet', if there are 4362 of them, it's 'otveta', if there are 6787 or 5111, it's 'otvetov'.

The numerals 1 and 2 also have gender forms...

I... huh... *hugs her simple Portuguese*