General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Well, the long dry spell is nearly over.  Less than two weeks sees Yuzu answering all our questions.  I would imagine next weekend we'll see some of the early arrivals of the worldwide Yuzu Pooh machine.  I hope the stores in the area have stocked up on their Pooh plushies.  There's going to be a demand.  One thing we can see is that Yuzu's not dealing with any jet lag.  In fact he'll be able to sleep in his own bed each night.  I've been looking at who's skating there and I think the best podium possibilities are Yuzu, Keegan and Junhwan.  I wonder if Keegan is keeping his exhibition number from last year.  If you haven't seen it search it out on YouTube and watch Keegan playing Tarzan in a leopard-skin loincloth.

Yes it’s almost over and we’ll be able to Yuzu again in a little less then 2 weeks ! That would be a nice podium ! 

32 minutes ago, madraykin said:

Will they stay at home for ACI?

I think if I were Brian I'd want them all in the official hotel together and using the official transportation.

ACI is literally a 30 minute drive from TCC...somewhat longer if the traffic is bad. Totally pointless to stay in a hotel. 

12 hours ago, Henni147 said:

UA has the ultimate chance to create the most attracting ad in television history, but they prefer to sleep. :wut:

....and if other sports apparel company happens to snatch Yuzu and he agrees to it as a brand ambassador, UA would be like... *surprised Pikachu face*

Zq0iBJK_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

congrats UA u played urself :v

1 hour ago, madraykin said:

Will they stay at home for ACI?

I think if I were Brian I'd want them all in the official hotel together and using the official transportation.

My guess is that the entire team will be staying in the official hotel and traveling together. TCC may not be too far away, but it's still a hassle to get everyone together to travel to Oakville. I ran into Brian in Montréal in 2017 late at night at a Keg (we were the last ones there) and chatted with him briefly. I think he enjoys having dinner and a few drinks at the end of the day and staying at a hotel that's only a few minutes away from the venue makes a lot more sense.

I think it's easier to have everyone in the team at the same place, so it's more likely that Team TCC would stay in the official hotel too. Staying at a hotel near to the arena may also help them focus on the competition more, and it's also more convenient for security reasons. As far as I know, in general it's more common for athletes not to stay at home in such cases.

On 8/30/2019 at 1:59 PM, fyere0 said:

Is there FLESH-TONED MESH on this costume? With that neckline? :happy0007:

Yuzuru, anything below his collarbone showing: BRING THE MESH! SHIELD ME, QUICK! MOTHER SAYS THE LUSTFUL GAZE OF SINNERS CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO FALL UPON MY ALABASTER SKIN!

Also Yuzuru, skintight purple fabric going up his entire butt crack on international broadcast: this is fine

:xD::1497158260_5GOE:

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

Zuzu's thighs are more thick than Midousuji"s.:tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

They're not thick enough, IMO. He's a figure skater, thick thighs are kind of necessary and definitely under-drawn lol And the whole bike seems to be Seimei colors. That's cool!

About ACI, I think there is a point in staying at a hotel. IMO, it has to do with competition routine, which might be harder to get into if he - and everyone else at TCC - slept in their own beds. Sleeping at home is practice routine: practice hard, then go home, rest, study, relax. Competition routine I think is quite different and a non-descript hotel room is probably better for keeping the focus on the competition. But on Saturday when it's all over, they can each go and have dinner and sleep at home, which will definitely be a plus compared to long flights and so on. At the same time, maybe it won't bother them that much and they will choose to stay home... I can imagine Brian, after his traveling - Russian test skates this week - might actually prefer staying at home. Though if everyone is staying at the hotel, he'd probably stay with them anyway. If so, they could always meet at the hotel and then travel together. Or relatively together, since Yuzu often has his own, separate transportation, often for security reasons.

Anyway, regardless of where they're staying, I hope nobody chases after Yuzu's car again this year and they leave him alone as much as possible off the ice...

My take on any speculation as to where they'd be staying for ACI is ultimately that there's no way and no reason for us to know or try to guess, and it's probably inappropriate for us to do so. From a sheerly economic perspective, they'd all save money by staying at home. That might not be a factor for Yuzu or Evgenia, but it probably is for the others. It's not like the competition goes late or starts early this time, which would be a good reason to hotel.