General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, liv said:

Hmm, so does this mean the new plaque has been put up? I wonder when they did it and if Yuzu has seen it in person yet!!

The new plaque was put up awhile back and before Yuzu was seen in TCC member IG pics. He definitely seen it. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, liv said:

Hmm, so does this mean the new plaque has been put up? I wonder when they did it and if Yuzu has seen it in person yet!!

The new plaque had been put up last month (see the quoted post below if you haven't seen the new plaque), so I believe Yuzu had seen it by now.

On 3/21/2018 at 1:00 AM, yuzuangel said:

OMG!!!!

Congratulations Yuzu!! (And Javi and Gabby!)

I just showed my sister the Chinese Vogue article that featured Yuzu's costumes just so she could choose which one was her favorite. She was shook when we got to the Believe costume from FaOI :LOL:  I then showed her the actual performance so she could see the costume in motion. She said her favorite costume is probably Hana ni Nare. And she said Yuzu has the most beautiful costumes out of the male skaters :devilYuzu:

12 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

lol. I've been looking around and been thinking for the past week that we have costume threads, music threads, program threads.  We're missing the last REALLY important thread - the hair thread!  LGC hair is my  favorite but one of my favorite pictures of him is from H&L - he looks so angelic.

This is one of my favorite videos!  Wish I knew how to do this stuff.  I like how by the 3rd time he broke the short program record, he wasn't even surprised anymore.  It's like after that he started reaching for the records. 

Don't think he should have been surprised when he beat the free skate record in 2017 - the bigger surprise was that he only beat it by 4 points - a whole extra quad done perfectly and that's all he got?

Exactly! I think a lot of people share the same thought, including Massimiliano Ambesi. All those perfect jumps and elements and not one GOE of +3.0! I may be biased, but I agree with Max that Yuzu should have received 10.0 across the board for Program Components.

10 minutes ago, YuzuH&LEterna11y said:

I just showed my sister the Chinese Vogue article that featured Yuzu's costumes just so she could choose which one was her favorite. She was shook when we got to the Believe costume from FaOI :LOL:  I then showed her the actual performance so she could see the costume in motion. She said her favorite costume is probably Hana ni Nare. And she said Yuzu has the most beautiful costumes out of the male skaters :devilYuzu:

My favorite part of that article, is an analysis of why those costumes fit so well on him. The author wrote that Yuzu's peculiar youthful temperament and slim body line naturally absorbs the feminine elements of some of his costumes, and that becomes one of his personal traits.  Through those costumes he somehow conveys well-balanced beauty that combines the heroic side of masculine and softness of feminine  - not precise translation, but pretty close . Whenever I see those costumes,  I don't just see beautiful chiffon, crystals and even feathers,  I also see Yuzu beam in them.  Male skaters costumes can be quite a topic, if it's too simple you get people talking; if it's too fancy people talk about it too. Yet among all those talks IMO there is one un-deniable fact, that Yuzu is the only make skater who truly fit into those costumes.  Not that I don't appreciate other skaters and their artist representation and costumes, but what this article captured is truly one of a kind.