General Yuzuru Chat

26 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I am quite annoyed with JSF right now.. There is absolutely no way they do not know his condition and whether he can participate or not,  this delay is totally unnecessary and very annoying >:(

Actually I was just thinking that maybe the situation with his ankle is just one of those borderline cases. Which would explain the three hour doctors consultation. So maybe they really don't know yet. Maybe Yuzu is having to consider and weigh things up.

Or maybe they are just being asses  Yeah that's probable as well.

21 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Actually I was just thinking that maybe the situation with his ankle is just one of those borderline cases. Which would explain the three hour doctors consultation. So maybe they really don't know yet. Maybe Yuzu is having to consider and weigh things up.

Or maybe they are just being asses  Yeah that's probable as well.

If it really is borderline I hope the doctor thoroughly explained that it doesn't mean it is actually healable by Worlds, but that there is a chance to heal it by Worlds if this certain conditions are met by his treatment and his body. AND that if his body isn't really ready for it, well, with him forcing it into make or break one month preparation pre-Olys and it withstanding that, it is really a place to be grateful to it for what it had managed and not what it didn't. Okay, are my ramblings even comprehensible?

Also, who elsw is shook at us reaching 3k pages in not even a year of forum existence (and who else wonder what should we do for the anniversary?)

17 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I think it's this article: http://sports.china.com.cn/dongji/pingchangdongao/jinpaixingxiu/detail_2018_03/05/896890.html

Based on this, the translation is roughly as follows. @mods and admins: please feel free to move this where appropriate. I'm not sure where newspaper clippings should go?

Spoiler

Unlike other male figure skaters who amaze people by the very high level of difficulty, his performance is known for its subtle elegance. In a world of men's singles figure skating mostly known for power, he stands out for his suppleness, graceful movement and androgynous  aura. He is of course, Hanyu Yuzuru. 

In competition, his expression varies and changes with the nuances to match the different music. He gains a large amount of fans by capturing the heart of the audience with his unique aura that seems to combine both angelic and devilish traits. Thus today, the name Hanyu Yuzuru is already heard beyond the realm of figure skating, beyond the realm of sports-he has become the idol of youths, a star among figure skating fans, and a representation of Japan. 

His performances not only conquer the hearts of the live audience and judges at the competition, but even people not knowledgeable about figure skating can perceive his beauty and thus fall in love with figure skating. 

4 years ago at the Sochi Olympics, 19 year old Hanyu Yuzuru became the youngest winner in men's singles figure skating in 66 years, and the first asian  male figure skater to win the event, creating history. 4 years later, a Hanyu Yuzuru who only just recovered from injury, again won the gold in men's singles figure skating at Pyeongchang, creating history by becoming the first man to win consecutive golds in 66 years. 

Fame naturally brought many commercial opportunities for Hanyu Yuzuru, but he has not been misled nor grown arrogant in the face of fame or fortune. He has maintained very good competitive focus and status. Before the rush from the gold medal has fully settled down, he has already started preparations for the World Championships held in Milan, Italy in March. And 4 years later, he will challenge the highly difficult quad axel, and aim for his third winter olympics gold medal.

9 минут назад, Aotoshiro сказал:

Also, who elsw is shook at us reaching 3k pages in not even a year

It was quite a special year. But, frankly, they all are special with Yuzu.:1:

11 минут назад, Aotoshiro сказал:

who else wonder what should we do for the anniversary

Me. It should be something loud and sparking! Extra, just like Yuzu. :665e343793b9:It is so great to be here together :grouphug:

7 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

They didn't show us enough in that AERA footage! :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

Mte.

So many things missing from that bts. They replayed him doing those two poses so many times too and I'm like I know y'all got more, but I guess it's destined to be forever in the dungeon.

Belated fangirling moments:

Hanyu's eyes are so big in this shoot though, and at some part he even got his deep double eyelids, and its not Photoshop. (I guess his eyes are as multi-dimensional as his personality and character.) 

Sometimes in the bts videos the human model is not as spectacular as the photos or may appear awkward with the getup, but my goodness he looked as great in motion doing that shoot as the the photos. They softened the pictures, but probably didn't even need go edit them that much if at all.

I prefer unmade up Hanyu, but I can appreciate and spazz over when he goes out of the usual since its a special circumstances that we don't normally see. Its good to see so many sides of him and so many more themes he could still try.

Just got back from class after a certain "15th" turmoil.. 

So the tweet was deleted and it could be confusion for the CWW?

What were we getting riled up for, I mean we all know he's gonna WD a day before SP :facepalm::rofl::meditationf:

We should learn from our mistake guys! :war:

11 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Just got back from class after a certain "15th" turmoil.. 

So the tweet was deleted and it could be confusion for the CWW?

What were we getting riled up for, I mean we all know he's gonna WD a day before SP :facepalm::rofl::meditationf:

We should learn from our mistake guys! :war:

So basically I'm gonna know if he's coming or not when I'm already in Milan. Sweet! 

3 minutes ago, nagini said:

Imagine you're there, not knowing anything and he comes out for practice.. That would be a nice surprise :smiley-laughing021:

We don't really need shock like that , if he do that I will scream very loud  "STAY OUT OF THAT RINK AIQDYHSBC" :laughing:

21 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

We don't really need shock like that , if he do that I will scream very loud  "STAY OUT OF THAT RINK AIQDYHSBC" :laughing:

We can use IKEA bags...

A bird sanctuary has found the perfect solution to rescuing and carrying its swans - the famous blue IKEA bags.

[...]

They are ideal for transporting the birds and making sure their wings don’t flap about, keeping them and their handlers safe.

Swan-in-Glastonbury-IMG_0503JPG.jpg(x)

sorry for dragging this joke for so long but i'm getting hilarious mental images:rofl: