2018/19 Coaching changes

1 час назад, liv сказал:

Part of me was thinking that changing countries would be good for her too. I know, sounds crazy and it won't happen, but considering the number of strong youngsters coming up in Russia, and the desire for the next hot young thing there, it could be exceptionally hard for her to make it to Beijing for Russia. It is a cold, hard fact. No one has a crystal ball, of course, but it is hard to make that team even as a teenager... imagine as a 22 year old. 

I think it's not that simple. First of all RusFed will not let her go that easily (I think there's some rule about 2 years quarantine), yes she can win Nats in another country more easily but her scores can drop if she will not represent a strong Fed (sadly that's how it still works in FS), also I believe she will still have some income from the Fed as part of the Rus team even if she will train outside of Russia.

21 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Okay, so now we know why Evgenia deleted her pics with Yuzu... lol. 

Omg, there won't be just shipping this time, there will be tinhatting if I know fandom.

I wish some people learn that it is perfectly normal for a guy and gal to be normal, good friends, without thinking about dating each other.

So I wake up and suddently everyone is going to TCC?

This movement of Evgenia is just a rumor, exactly like Boyang's transfer, right?

What accurate information do we have on this?

This said, the more the merrier for me. I'm only happier for Yuzuru if some of his friends are closer to him. He might actually go grab a pizza with them every once in a while?? no?? 

10 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

So I wake up and suddently everyone is going to TCC?

This movement of Evgenia is just a rumor, exactly like Boyang's transfer, right?

What accurate information do we have on this?

This said, the more the merrier for me. I'm only happier for Yuzuru if some of his friends are closer to him. He might actually go grab a pizza with them every once in a while?? no?? 

We know for sure that she left Eteri. BOrser is just speculation, though.

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

I think it's not that simple. First of all RusFed will not let her go that easily (I think there's some rule about 2 years quarantine), yes she can win Nats in another country more easily but her scores can drop if she will not represent a strong Fed (sadly that's how it still works in FS), also I believe she will still have some income from the Fed as part of the Rus team even if she will train outside of Russia.

I agree, it's not that simple. And yes, her scores would probably drop if she left ... but they will probably drop anyway in the next few years if there are some 15 year old skaters with high technical content and charming artistry that the RusFed wants more than they want Med...  it might not be until closer to Beijing, but that's why I said part of me thinks it's a good idea... she's in a tough spot no matter what she does.

10 минут назад, ralucutzagy сказал:

lol, talking abt shipping!

Sorry, but I think it was not necessary to mention Yuzu... It only adds oil to fire...

12 минут назад, ralucutzagy сказал:

ofc, it wasnt! that's what I was thinking too

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh it's bcs some very stupid Rus trolls began to say that Zhenya will go to TCC for love. And I was like WTF WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PPL?

1 hour ago, Lilona said:

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh it's bcs some very stupid Rus trolls began to say that Zhenya will go to TCC for love. And I was like WTF WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PPL?

Yep, that’s junk ppl are throwing around like confetti. :DancingShit:

::sarcasm:: “Wait, a lady is moving countries for her career? What a ludicrous idea!” ::end sarcasm:: 

but honestly, this is not to add fuel to the fire, but whatever reason Janny has for the move, I’m going to respect her choice and hope the best for her! 

1 hour ago, Lilona said:

This world is sexist like that. Like: “Be realistic, there will be no perfect man for you. Better get married to someone before you turn too old.”

How about some people just don’t even care to look for anyone at all? It’s just that simple but it sounds surreal to some people. 

Med leaves her long time coach because of reasons she knows best and she’s a smart girl she will find a way to stay on top.

5 hours ago, liv said:

Part of me was thinking that changing countries would be good for her too. I know, sounds crazy and it won't happen, but considering the number of strong youngsters coming up in Russia, and the desire for the next hot young thing there, it could be exceptionally hard for her to make it to Beijing for Russia. It is a cold, hard fact. No one has a crystal ball, of course, but it is hard to make that team even as a teenager... imagine as a 22 year old. 

No way! No. Way. Evgenia doesn't strike me as the type and RusFed would never let her go, she's a 2x WC and 2x Olympic Silver Medalist. And why would she? If she cannot be top 3 in Russia, what's the point? She's already won everything except Olympic Gold and she's not going to win Olympic Gold if she isn't even top 3 in Russia. She is skating for gold medals only, not participation trophies. Not to mention, I'm sure she knows how RusFed politicking has benefited her immensely.