2018/2019 Season Program Announcements

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

The whole time watching his free, I kept thinking of that video of Yuzu stroking to Muse.  :13877886:

add this and that video of Yuzu skating to Kendrick's DNA to the list of things I didn't know I needed until I saw it

eta: art

26 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

add this and that video of Yuzu skating to Kendrick's DNA to the list of things I didn't know I needed until I saw it

eta: art

Is it bad when I’m watching someone do their program I’m thinking of Yuzu skating at the same time. :peekapooh: 

We know Yuzu can do soft. After all, he's done H&L, NS, HYK and so on. His versatility is one of Yuzu's great points.

Watching some of that LP, with the sound turned low, my first thought was that it looked like any other Shoma program and I would have never guessed it was Moonlight Sonata. Admittedly, I'm not one of those people who can easily get the message of songs through choreography and so on, but I think it's not ok when that program looks so... not dependent on the music.

The SP costume actually made me think of Yuzu's HYK for a moment because of that black going up on the torso, but on a side, instead of the middle. Unlike HYK, it looks very weird and the overall design very unflattering imo. A black shirt and red tie - I think he did wear that at one point? - would have worked better, even... (Two costumes that appear somewhat Yuzu inspired is a bit... >_< for Shoma, though... He's an Olympic silver medalist, not a Yuzu fanboy). For the program, I've only seen a short twitter clip. It did seem a bit more in tune with the music than at H&F, but hard to say for sure. (That was my biggest complaint then.)

I'm not really excited enough about any programs to really look them up, though seeing Boyang in Helsinki should be fun. The only programs I'm actually excited to see, aside from Yuzu's, of course, are Evgenia's. And I'm not even a fan, but it'll be nice to see what looks like a new beginning for her.

As for Boyang, didn't The Ice air on TV? Or was it just on local channels?

10 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

Chen: 

for someone who's supposedly the ballet posture wunderkind those shoulders are . . . . mighty high and scrunched 

i dont get it, no one's posture has ever bothered me before now i wanna put him in a scoliosis brace!! stop hunching over to the side!!! 

19 minutes ago, salty said:

i dont get it, no one's posture has ever bothered me before now i wanna put him in a scoliosis brace!! stop hunching over to the side!!! 

It's because it specifically makes his arms look disjointed from his core, make him look like he's moving them through mud, and make him project downwards, almost, or into his arms, at best ;)

To be fair the lighting and the dark blue top exaggerate it, but he’s always been stiff. I’ve never seen any balletic movement - flailing arms which non NA skaters always get pulled up on, but otherwise he’s like a stop motion animation - but take out the jumps and there’s nothing but arms and a mediocre spread eagle - even the jumps have a stiff legged landing.  He’s a nice boy, with long term ambitions that dont necessarily include skating, but without USFSA he wouldn’t be on the radar.

1 hour ago, hoodie axel said:

Clearly needs work there... But it's quite promising. More interesting movement than the others I've watched.

Actually, watching Nathan's SP from here, it looks promising, too. Not sure what it will end up as, but there's some nice stuff there in terms of choreo.

I like Boyang's SP music, but the choreo is a bit genetic and simple. I wish Lori would give him a more challenging stsq ( and yeah his SS and spin need a lot of work) The program still empty and very little transition. His smile is cute but IMO its not fit to the mood of this song. His IN is abit off atm as if he skate to some cheerfuf high energy music. I hope to see him skate it more intense, sophisticated and hold some poses longer. But it may come later as the season goes. 

I dislike Nathan' SP music but I quite like the way he perform. He's having fun and trying to connect with audience. Both of his costumes need to go, especially the LP. A random uniqlo shirt or practice gear is better than that

I still like Shoma's SP the most out of 3 programs.  Watching him, Nathan and Boyang back to back here make his SS, speed and knee bend really stand out. 

• sallycinnamon changed the title to 2018/2019 Season Program Announcements