2018/2019 Season Program Announcements

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Well yeah, it's great, we just might be seeing the start of a new Evgenia alltogether, considering that she was quite unable to develop her personality, imo, in programs that were thought too strictly around her and did not melt well with her heart. She might bloom like a pretty flower! 

Or DW might try to Yuna-her which alas, is another genuine possibility for that FS. Ah ah ah, I do hope the dial goes to the positive side this time around, knock on wood and every other available surface. I will be super anxious until the test skates though. He cannot with that SP but he so can try with the free. 

Also Eteri and Brian in the same place for the first time. With TAT. Ahahahahaha I am so sorry but the idea....

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Can TAT act as a cushion between them? Like, literally too, maybe...? 

Literally probably yes :D though considering Brian said he's had a call from her, I somehow don't see it! Maybe Brian will send Tracy and go, you ice dancers deal with this among yourselves :68468287:

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Sounds... 80's ish? Well Daisuke, with this everyone will know for sure you are an uncle. <3 

It sounds like it was influenced by 1980's synthpop but the production is very 2010s music.

It's an interesting choice for Dai. I'm curious about the choreo, maybe it'll be something more abstract. Also the costume, will be it something modern like cyber swan was? :D 

14 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I am getting really concerned with all of those David Wilson programs, is it really possible to choreograph so many programs without it affecting quality?! I guess originality and innovation should be forgotten, there is no way he can do it for all those skaters :shrug:

tbh I think originality and innovation should be tasks for the skater. But I'll leave to you to observe and decide who works on it and who doesn't :peekapooh:

14 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

tbh I think originality and innovation should be tasks for the skater. But I'll leave to you to observe and decide who works on it and who doesn't :peekapooh:

The skater is a performer while the vision and concept comes from the choreographer, which is why I am worried. It would be great if the skaters all have input in choreography but we know that is not the case. Why is is everyone going to DW anyway?!!!!

36 minutes ago, Neenah said:

The skater is a performer while the vision and concept comes from the choreographer, which is why I am worried. It would be great if the skaters all have input in choreography but we know that is not the case. Why is is everyone going to DW anyway?!!!!

Maybe he does a lot of work for the skaters? Like, maybe he is communicative and once he gives the concept and the vision, the skaters can adapt to it nicely? Or maybe it's just a popularity thing. I mean, DW DID choreograph Notte Stellata, so I understand why he is requested. 

58 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Is Jeffrey Buttle choreographing anyone’s program? I don’t remember seeing his name. 

Eunsoo's SP! (Somewhere in Time OST)

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

I am getting really concerned with all of those David Wilson programs, is it really possible to choreograph so many programs without it affecting quality?! I guess originality and innovation should be forgotten, there is no way he can do it for all those skaters :shrug:

Honestly, DW actually is a good choreographer.... when he feels inspired by the skater (like Yuna). I'm not too worried about Dai because he seems to be inspired by Dai and they did great work together.... I'm much more worried about everyone else...

51 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Eunsoo's SP! (Somewhere in Time OST)

Honestly, DW actually is a good choreographer.... when he feels inspired by the skater (like Yuna). I'm not too worried about Dai because he seems to be inspired by Dai and they did great work together.... I'm much more worried about everyone else...

I am not saying he is a bad choreographer, I like many of his programs. My problem is with the quantity of work he is undertaking because it is supposed to be creative work not a routine job where the only requirement is to produce things quickly and efficiently.

I hope they all inspire him somehow as all those skaters deserve the best vehicle to show their skills when competing  

Though I admit I am still salty about Mai's SP, which may affect my judgment  :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Neenah said:

Why is is everyone going to DW anyway?!!!!

Because he choreographed three olympic winning skates, and this masterpiece: 

He's done a few others, but very few others.

The reason people go to DW and LN is because they have a track-record, and this means the judges gobble up their choreographic output and give the programs high PCS, deserved or not. 

I don't believe DW in particular might have the time to work with skaters for more than a week (though I can only guess). It's sad. He did this piece: 

And this is the work he put into it:

Now he seems to use the skaters' greatest hits. I do blame at least the way judges score partly, however.

• sallycinnamon changed the title to 2018/2019 Season Program Announcements