2018/19 GP Assignments

29 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

The only thing is, out of the remaining GPs, the French and SC will want Yuzu more than Russia or the US because they don't have any big male skaters to protect. I don't know how strongly Russia feels about Kolyada but the US would definitely want to avoid Yuzu at all costs. 

Once Nathan has his pick, SA and IDF, if France bargained for Yuzu and chose him as a host pick, it's probably up to US fed to pull out or deal with it I would think, unless US fed force France's hand (again, assuming Hanyu and Nathan go). I'm thinking they didn't avoid Yuzu vs Nathan at COR during the Olympic year when the American propaganda machine was gearing to go full blast (the COR results went in their favor anyway but they didn't know that), so they probably wouldn't mind so much the year after Olys either, especially since Yuzu may be very beatable.

It just came to me that this could happen too. We all know that Yuzu is pretty beatable in the early seasons with his first pancake. :ohno: If I were the US Fed I would want him against Nathan in SA so Nate could beat him in front of the home town crowd (so they could bragged about how their skater's the BEST like for beating Yuzu in free skate at OWG) , not to mention the Hanyuconomoy will make ticket sells like crazy.  So another GP he will go might be NHK cause If the JSF have to choose between protecting Shoma's medal and marketing power of Yuzu, they might choose the latter.

My guess would be SA and NHK :9: but we'll find out soon anyway. Too bad I have to wait till maybe tomorrow cause I'm on GMT+7 and it's wayyyy faster than Toronto :sadPooh:  

(Though I'm totally agree with most people that SC + NHK will be the best option for him but I think that could be Shoma's cause he got the first pick now and it very less likely that JSF will have the 2 against each other on 2 GPs) 

24 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

It didn't drop when I slept? That's odd, the big news usually goes down when I'm asleep.

Fine, I'm awake and ready, give us the assignments! It's Thursday!

It's not Thursday here yet. :mischief:

Some gossip that it might be Friday for some because of time difference, so perhaps news would come out Thursday for some in the West and Friday for the East? Idk (but it'll probably drop when I'm not looking lol).

4 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

It's not Thursday here yet. :mischief:

Some gossip that it might be Friday for some because of time difference, so perhaps news would come out Thursday for some in the West and Friday for the East? Idk (but it'll probably drop when I'm not looking lol).

Ugghhh Time difference. The measurement of time is just a human construct! (I say that when I'm late, usually.) Give us he assignments, this is too much stress, this is the summer of stress, give it to us! 

2 hours ago, liv said:

I would love him at SC, just so he can try to finally win it ( and isnt it the same venue as world's the year after?  hint).... but I accept the strong possibility that that will never happen... it might always be his nemesis, lol!!!

Hope that many of you who are wishing strongly , get your wish!!

I think worlds 2020 is going to be in the Bell centre in Montreal, while SCI is in Laval, the city right up north

1 hour ago, freyaminnie said:

If I were the US Fed I would want him against Nathan in SA so Nate could beat him in front of the home town crowd (so they could bragged about how their skater's the BEST like for beating Yuzu in free skate at OWG) , not to mention the Hanyuconomoy will make ticket sells like crazy. 

That's assuming the USFS can remember that Yuzu never wins his first GP. It seems like every season everyone gets collective amnesia and is shocked, shocked! when Yuzu manages to lose his first GP.

3 hours ago, Yatagarasu said:

If Yuzuru ends up at CoR again you heard it here first, from your weirdo Mother Superior :rofl:

Actually I'm guessing CoR and SC for Yuzu...

SC and NHK for Shoma....

SA and IdF for Nathan

SA and TBA for Boyang (cause you know he'll get shafted, and bc he was originally shoe in for CoC)

TBA and CoR for Mikhail

NHK and IdF for Tomono perhaps

SA and TBA for Vincent (there's a part of me that wonders if USFSA is grooming him to at least rival boyang)

Shoma went to SC last year. What are the odds he'd do it twice in a row? I peg him for SA & NHK this year. 

By the same reasoning, Yuzu is due for SC, since  he was at CoR last year instead. 

Here's hoping that's how it works!:acceptable:

1 hour ago, freyaminnie said:

... If I were the US Fed I would want him against Nathan in SA....

I was thinking the same. If Nathan has to face off with Yuzu anyway, it's better for Nate to do it early in the season since Yuzu tends to peak around GPF time and that's when IDF is happening.

If Yuzu gets assigned to SA, I would be super tempted to go because there are some really good seats available for SA, and it is the closest GP event to me. 

Normally, I don't have any meetings on Thursdays, but of course I got dragged into an important one tomorrow... probably right around the time they will be announcing the assignments. :13877886::13877886::13877886:

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Shoma went to SC last year. What are the odds he'd do it twice in a row? I peg him for SA & NHK this year. 

Shoma won't do SA because Nathan will be there and the Top 3 at Worlds cannot face each other in the GP assignment though. 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

By the same reasoning, Yuzu is due for SC, since  he was at CoR last year instead. 

Here's hoping that's how it works!:acceptable:

Due to seeding rules, Shoma and Nate can't meet in the same competition before GPF, and Nate is definitely going to SA.

I dunno where all the skaters are going but I can confirm that ISU is going straight to CoH. Circles of Hell GP. 

It's not just the men, I need to know how the Russian and Japanese ladies will be assigned, too. Wakababy gets first pick woooooot! If she picks an earlier GP, might mean her 3A is coming along well after the Ghislain and Mishin training.