2018/19 GP Assignments

I've just read on a french FS forum that Didier Gaillaguet is reelected as the president of french federation for 4 years. Which was expected.

What might be a good news though is that Alban Préaubert has been elected as president of the figure skating commitee - For those who don't know him, he's a former french figure skater and he's been French Eurosport main commentator for several years now. He's very knowledgable about figure skating, and clearly loves the sport, so I hope it will translate in better planning of  events... if he can do something about it.

I'm crossing fingers.

ETA : ha, the news was already in the "team we're fewer but still good" forum :)

14 часов назад, LucyH сказал:

Well from the last two pages it seems that you all think that Yuzu will be at NHK and IdF - I am still holding out hope for SCI but if not I hope we get Shoma or Boyang. And Evgenia! My 5 year old is interested in seeing Yuzu and Sailor Moon girl. HA HA :P

I'd say we're not convinced but there's hope at least 0:) For those in Europe and near IdF can be only chance to see Yuzu this season. Flight to Canada for me is more expensive than to Asia and more hard to get visa. But IdF or not I'll try for Saitama anyway (FS+sakura season what can be better))).

36 минут назад, Altie сказал:

For what is worth, Grenoble is a quite nice city, surrounded by gorgeous mountains... so, if by any chance you want to stay longer, it might be worth it ?

Another possibility is to go to Lyon, and then rent a car (or take a bus, it's longer but very cheap) - it's only 1h30 to go from there to Grenoble, and it has much (much !) better transit links.

One more reason I'd like to go to IdF - love small French cities, especially near mountains. But without Yuzu there's no point for me to spend money and vacation days cuz I'll go to CoR anyway.

20 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

I’ll take any chance I can get to eat French baguette and camembert. And escargots! 

The best cheese around Grenoble is imho the "Saint Marcelin". So good ! <3 You should try it.

(ahem sorry for the off-topic :) )

Ahora, Altie said:

The best cheese around Grenoble is imho the "Saint Marcelin". So good ! <3 You should try it.

(ahem sorry for the off-topic :) )

At this point I’ll take gratefully  any off-topic/food/sightseeing/whatever  recommendations you guys have, in order to survive this waiting... it is KILLING ME!

:yznotimpressed:

1 minute ago, axelnojutsu said:

I’m slightly worried for whoever gets assigned the WTH cup because ISU is a mess and I wouldn’t put it past them to not get it together in time

Yeah...this season is already turning into a hot mess with all the rule changes and now this.

Korea had today to decide if they were going to take on the GP, so hopefully we'll find out tomorrow. I'm really sceptical that they'll be able to release assignments this week if no one wants the GP :/

4 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Yeah...this season is already turning into a hot mess with all the rule changes and now this.

Korea had today to decide if they were going to take on the GP, so hopefully we'll find out tomorrow. I'm really sceptical that they'll be able to release assignments this week if no one wants the GP :/

If Korea doesn't want it it takes a bit time to negotiate with the other candidates. We'll find it soon (probably tomorrow) which country wants to organize it...and I think they'll release the assignments on Thursday or Friday, ISU won't wait with that too long.

16 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

If Korea doesn't want it it takes a bit time to negotiate with the other candidates. We'll find it soon (probably tomorrow) which country wants to organize it...and I think they'll release the assignments on Thursday or Friday, ISU won't wait with that too long.

But how can skaters submit their preferences if they don't even know which continent the GP will be in:smiley-whacky115:

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

But how can skaters submit their preferences if they don't even know which continent the GP will be in:smiley-whacky115:

Yeah, this is a really crappy situation for whoever will end up with the new GP :/ I don't get it, why did China have to announce their plans so late in the year?

20 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Yeah, this is a really crappy situation for whoever will end up with the new GP :/ I don't get it, why did China have to announce their plans so late in the year?

To tell ISU to f*** themselves, wasn’t that the not so subtle message?

1 hour ago, axelnojutsu said:

To tell ISU to f*** themselves, wasn’t that the not so subtle message?

Yeah, it made so much sense when the censure of the two Chinese judges came out a week or so after.