Team Russia

7 hours ago, liv said:

Oh geez. You knew Averbuch would have to try to do something too high brow for the rest of us in an otherwise lovely program. I hate that moment at the end, to the depths of my soul. it is so unnecessary. The program does not need her fish gasping at the end. Maybe she will make it more subtle as time goes on... please do so, Evgenia. 

I agree with this. Actually, I found the idea of expressing the music as a dance of wandering soul interesting, but the program itself didn’t seem to convey the story very well and the ending looked unnatural. It might look different though, with appropriate costume and in high definition video. It might also look great as an exhibition program with some help of lighting and props. However, I think she can present a beautiful program with this kind of music without such background and mime. I hope her team gives it a try.

9 hours ago, liv said:

Oh geez. You knew Averbuch would have to try to do something too high brow for the rest of us in an otherwise lovely program. I hate that moment at the end, to the depths of my soul. it is so unnecessary. The program does not need her fish gasping at the end. Maybe she will make it more subtle as time goes on... please do so, Evgenia. 

It's supposed to be a soul's journey during a clinical death... Ye Gods! 

Is Averbukh making fun of Zhenya or is he serious?

Zhenya also recorded the sound of her own breath and inserted it here. Thank you another Yuzu tribute, Zhenya...

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Zhenya also recorded the sound of her own breath and inserted it here. Thank you another Yuzu tribute, Zhenya...

I don't understand - isn't Chopin's nocturne beautiful enough on its own?? :confused:  Why do they have to add this weird storytelling :facepalm: 

I liked the program - the music suits her so well, but I'm a bit puzzled about the voiceover.. 

Finally have time to watch some clips 

Evegenia : This SP is better than her last season's. I like the music cut, not for the ending. The layout still the same, as expected. I hope she improve the stsq, because it looks to me she tried really hard to do all those turns and get level, and the ice coverage is not good atm. I wish to see more flow, more connection between elements.  And yeah there's still an unrelated story behind....:slinkaway: I

Alina : I dont know what to think about this program, there're some very nice and awkward moments at the same time. Her 3lz3lo is great as well as the transitions into the jumps. The program look really busy and disconnect atm, but I think she will improve as the season goes. 

Liza : I really like Liza's performance. This program is very "her", the music, the choreo, the costume and look like she's having alot of fun. Her jumps when she's on are the best among Russian ladies right now. 

Kolyada : The 1st half is nice, not much about the end half. Why they have to mix Mozart with tango ??? 

Aliev : * sorry I keep thinking about Mao when I heard the music* The program is is ok, Aliev has so much potential, but seem like he lack stamina, even for a SP....

Petrov : I dont understand what is this :slinkaway:

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Seriously? I didnt see any of that during the skate.j Why cant iT just be nice skating.... When I Heard it was chopin i thought that was the tribute to him....and the spread eagle 2axel....lol. The breathing too:hopelessness:

40 minutes ago, liv said:

Seriously? I didnt see any of that during the skate.j Why cant iT just be nice skating.... When I Heard it was chopin i thought that was the tribute to him....and the spread eagle 2axel....lol. The breathing too:hopelessness:

As Russian forums comment it, the libretto is out - Zhenya gave an interview telling what her programs mean. So that last move is actually her body getting her soul back. Zhenya's breath features just at that moment.

Someone, please, please, please, get across to her Chopin doesn't need any story - let alone a story so cheesy. The music is a story on its own...

And I've a sneaking feeling Averblah is trying hard to surpass Schindler's List. Sorry for being so offensive towards Ilya, but I just can't take it any longer. She is a lovely skater, why does she have to have such ghastly ideas year in year out?