Team Russia

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yuzu hasn't done it yet....should we expect it next year?

Over my dead body. Though I believe he can sell me that sickeningly saccharine stuff with gusto. 

7 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

O m g please noooo .  It’s right up there just behind Rooooooxaaaaannnnee...

Can't even picture Yuzu doing Roooooooxxxxxxxxaaaaannnnnnnnneee. While he totally sold me on young Romeo's youthful desperation in love, I simply can't picture him having the kind of emotions that are in Rrrrrrrrrroooooooxxxxxxxaaaaaannnnnnnnneeeeee

The original version was by Serge Lama, and was waaaay better, and if it happened to exasperate me, it was just because I had heard it too much, in every street and every supermarket etc.

Here, a "duo" as a tribute to the great Dalida, who had also sang it, and if you are not too disgusted by the Lara Fabian to try, you can listen to it, he had somehow lost the tune but the expression was there :

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

this is called ART😤

:crazyshit::LOL::headdesk:

Oh Lord. And poor Morisi is right off the beat. The girl in grey is the only one able to make this mess look good.

Imagine being a downy young innocent wet-behind-the-ears skating novice and you join this group and this is your introduction to dance. :(

7 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

The original version was by Serge Lama, and was waaaay better, and if it happened to exasperate me, it was just because I had heard it too much, in every street and every supermarket etc.

Here, a "duo" as a tribute to the great Dalida, who had also sang it, and if you are not too disgusted by the Lara Fabian to try, you can listen to it, he had somehow lost the tune but the expression was there :

Is this the tune that Sinatra's "My Way" is based off of? It sounds very similar, and My Way is supposedly originally a French song. Incidentally, I could totally see Yuzu doing My Way someday.

11 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh Lord. And poor Morisi is right off the beat. The girl in grey is the only one able to make this mess look good.

Imagine being a downy young innocent wet-behind-the-ears skating novice and you join this group and this is your introduction to dance. :(

I think that's Shcherbakova in the grey between Kostornaia and Valieva? She's the only one anywhere near the camera I can't identify for sure. Anyway, she makes it look better than anyone else, but I'm not sure I'd say "good" is the right word. She's a good dancer, but there's only so much one can do with that material... :judgmental:

So if the choreographer of that mess is who this newest interview is from, I think we all know exactly how seriously to take it.

4 minutes ago, river said:

I think that's Shcherbakova in the grey between Kostornaia and Valieva? She's the only one anywhere near the camera I can't identify for sure. Anyway, she makes it look better than anyone else, but I'm not sure I'd say "good" is the right word. She's a good dancer, but there's only so much one can do with that material... :judgmental:

So if the choreographer of that mess is who this newest interview is from, I think we all know exactly how seriously to take it.

in this case, I meant 'good' in a relative sense. I can't even figure out what genre of dance it's supposed to be.

27 минут назад, Veveco сказал:

I'll take Roxanne over Je suis malade any day personally. 

Roxanne must stay with Tessa and Scott (though Kazuki sold it not so bad this season) and Je suis malade with Kaitlyn and Andrew

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I really don't think this is their introduction to dance!

I don't like street dance but Alina Zagitova is so good there, I like when she does it.

19 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Is this the tune that Sinatra's "My Way" is based off of? It sounds very similar, and My Way is supposedly originally a French song. Incidentally, I could totally see Yuzu doing My Way someday.

No, Je suis malade (1973) is from Alice Dona with Serge Lama's lyrics.

Comme d'Habitude (1967) is from Jacques Devaux, with lyrics by Claude François (who sang it) and Gilles Thibaut.

Here with French and English subtitles.

It was French song from that era...

It relates a love story killed by the difference in working hours, basically.

So, I wouldn't like to see Yuzuru Hanyu skating to Comme d'Habitude.

As to My Way, even if he likes very much to "have his own way", I don't think he's the sort of man pictured in the song. In a way I find it would stain him.

Maybe some day a Japanese singer takes the music and writes a song specially meant for him. ;-)