Team Japan

On 2/29/2020 at 12:19 AM, Paskud said:

emm, do I understand this well? Chisato said that team Japan won't take part in CdP?

Yup. You've got it right. Although there hasn't been an official announcement from JSF so far, they seem to have called off sending team Japan to CdP. According to Chitose's Instagram post, she was informed about that after competing at Aich Championships and realized that it was her last competition this season. They held the competition without spectators. She says that she got upset because she had no adrenaline rush. She also says that she was sad because she could not hear any cheer even though she skated with no mistake.

4 hours ago, monchan said:

Ice scope gives her the idea? Look at the unhealthy path ladies' is taking, I'm concerned. I just hope Waka stabilizes her 3A first:(

I guess the tweet is based on this article, but it doesn't exactly say she is doing it in her practice already. It says she is planning on doing it. 
According to Mitsuhiro Nakamura of Fuji, Wakaba is aiming for 4Lz because, among all types of jumps, she can jump the highest when she does Lz. Also, she wants to include two 3Ts, (in the FS, I guess, as the second jumps of combinations) so she wants to try 4Lz rather than to try 4T considering the risk of popping it. However, being able to do 3A is an advantage in ladies' singles, and Wakaba is getting close to taming it, so I guess she will work on 3A first.

ETA: fixed a typo

3 hours ago, monchan said:

Ice scope gives her the idea? Look at the unhealthy path ladies' is taking, I'm concerned. I just hope Waka stabilizes her 3A first:(

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Someone save these girls from themselves.

3 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

I guess the tweet is based on this article, but it doesn't exactly say she is doing it in her practice already. It says she is planning on do it. 
According to Mitsuhiro Nakamura of Fuji, Wakaba is aiming for 4Lz because, among all types of jumps, she can jump the highest when she does Lz. Also, she wants to include two 3Ts, (in the FS, I guess, as the second jumps of combinations) so she wants to try 4Lz rather than to try 4T considering the risk of popping it. However, being able to do 3A is an advantage in ladies' singles, and Wakaba is getting close to taming it, so I guess she will work on 3A first.

So another one who thinks that 4lz is easier than 4t.

Jesus...

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Jesus...

With current changes in developing technique and the standards of its evaluation I'm close to opinion that all quads (except axel) should have the same base value and GOE factor.  And it shouldn't be higher than current 4T value. Unless judges start to look into the details of take-off, general quality etc,. it;s only matter of preference and with so many tricks to cheat it, quads are not worthy such money as they bring now.

Athough it's definitely not the vision of sport that I would like to welcome, I don;t have any hope left that current set of judges and ISU officials would be ever competent to apply some decent evalutation. 

After all, 4Lo may be the most difficult quad jump.  I heard it's because the timing is the key for loop jumps, not power.

I believe 4Lo should be given much higher base value, and Yuzuru's 4Lo should be given much higher GOE :rant:

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

Jesus...

Imagine the risk of injury that goes with it I'm so soooo scared for Waka. Someone tells her the Russian girls do it cuz they have prerotation technique that helps to rotate only 3 rotations on air, while she doesn't have that, 4lz means likely << and < and broken ankle:(((((

52 minutes ago, monchan said:

Imagine the risk of injury that goes with it I'm so soooo scared for Waka. Someone tells her the Russian girls do it cuz they have prerotation technique that helps to rotate only 3 rotations on air, while she doesn't have that, 4lz means likely << and < and broken ankle:(((((

I think she likely knows they prerotate a lot... not sure if she will end up doing the same

Wasn’t there a video of You Young attempting 4Lz? Does she also prerotate it?

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

I think she likely knows they prerotate a lot... not sure if she will end up doing the same

Wasn’t there a video of You Young attempting 4Lz? Does she also prerotate it?

Yeah. I still rmb YY's interview when she said she tried training in TCC but "they dont suit my technique" so she moved to Tom Z :knc_brian1:

Waka's toe pick is fine. I only know Med fixed her PR take off to a better toe pick after moving to TCC. Idk if someone can do vice versa lol