Team Japan

I’m just grateful she’s trying new things and not talking about retiring as she was not so long ago.  Must be hard to do a quad where you’re used to doing a triple- muscle memory and all that.

9 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I’m just grateful she’s trying new things and not talking about retiring as she was not so long ago.  Must be hard to do a quad where you’re used to doing a triple- muscle memory and all that.

Yes, me too. It was  a local comp that doesn't define anything, so I think it's a proper place to try new thing. Some people are very harsh to her about it, but I think the goal for her was to break a fear to attempt it outside of her training place in front of the audience but not necessarily to nail it. She has to start somewhere. Breaking a fear is a very important step to learn sth. It gives you perspective and empower to further work. Also, it didn't affect the rest of the program which she skated clean (or cleanish, not sure), so I hope it can only help her confidence.

22 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Kaori, this isn't a quad. It's an overrotated triple.

But isn't it a standard for women' quads? And even for men. I see many overrotated triples ratified by tech panels as real quads in big international events, so... 

Wow, it would be something if she succeded. It doesn't look competition ready, but she must had some good attempts if she put it in a program, even just to try. I don't think it's bad that she's trying, as long as she stays safe.