Team Japan

11 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

You can see videos of Inter-Hish School Meet from this page.  Please Google translate for the categories.  Unfortunately, I couldn't see Mens Free Skating.  I don't know why.

I hope this is available abroad as well.

https://inhightv.sportsbull.jp/winter/

Here is the Youtube for Men's Short which is accessible outside of Japan.   Sato Shun is at 2:00 mark.   As you noted, the Men's Free video is not available for some reason.  

Here is the YT link for men's FS. I guess you could not find it on Youtube because it's unlisted?

Spoiler

By the way, do you remember this footage?

It is an excerpt from a news clip reporting on Yuzu visited one of his former coaches Mami Yamada in Hokkaido last summer. The guy commenting on Yuzu after meeting him in the second half of this footage is one of her students, Kazuki Hasegawa. He also took part in the Inter-High School Meet.

Spoiler

According to this article, he became able to land triple jumps at the age of 13 or 14 and at his first Inter-High, he was placed second. However, after that, he had to stop training for 6 months due to a stress fracture in the lower back. It seems that he met Yuzu when he was trying to bounce back. He said he was encouraged by Yuzu, who said, "If you train thrice as much as others, you'll definitely become good. If you love skating, you will be able to go on." (The news footage captured the exact moment he said this) For now, he has not decided whether to continue skating after graduation or not, but if he can, he hopes to work on his artistry like Yuzu does and become an entertaining skater.

I'm very far for being Shoma stan, but when I see junior skater openly critisizing much more accomplished senior skater (who he even called idol on another occasion), I'm like.. where are your manners, kid? Btw. I hate that they bring to the public (behind people backs) details from training environment which should be rather safe space for athletes. Shoma was there only for trial, he didn't have to be familiar with all the specifics of Sambo's training model.

Edit: source of this quote: https://www.ifsmagazine.com/daniil-samsonov-a-star-on-the-rise/

2 hours ago, rubyblue said:

I'm very far for being Shoma stan, but when I see junior skater openly critisizing much more accomplished senior skater (who he even called idol on another occasion), I'm like.. where are your manners, kid? Btw. I hate that they bring to the public (behind people backs) details from training environment which should be rather safe space for athletes. Shoma was there only for trial, he didn't have to be familiar with all the specifics of Sambo's training model.

Edit: source of this quote: https://www.ifsmagazine.com/daniil-samsonov-a-star-on-the-rise/

Well, there you go... That's how straightforward children can be 😅. IMHO I place the responsibility more on the adults over at Sambo rather than on Daniil himself — surely they should have briefed their skaters on how to handle the press?? (ie. in this case reminding him what can(not) be share to the press about the training situation)

2 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Well, there you go... That's how straightforward children can be 😅. IMHO I place the responsibility more on the adults over at Sambo rather than on Daniil himself — surely they should have briefed their skaters on how to handle the press?? (ie. in this case reminding him what can(not) be share to the press about the training situation)

Yep, I don;'t think he was intentionally disrespectful, probably he just found it was funny fact about Shoma to share.  But it shows that those young athletes are not taught what kind of stuff can/shouldn;t be said publicly and also they are not taugth some basic ethical rules towards their training mates. Yes, they are young but at the same time they are pushed to the top, pushed to be popular, to be little stars,  to talk to international press  at young age so I think we as the audience can demand at least decent standards from them and moreover from the adults behind them and not defend all the time because of their young age. Also, seeing how coaches from this camp don't hold back with comments about the athletes that left them or didn't stay - those kids don't have great examples to follow. 

7 時間前, rubyblueさんが言いました:

I'm quite sure Shoma would never mind Samsonov's comment, but he might just admit and laugh at his lack of stamina and that he did not know about basic training things himself :D

I also believe it was not that Samsonov has lost his respects for Shoma, but he probably was just surprised as his idol has something not good at :confused0066:, and maybe learned that there are skaters doing other way of training.  Nothing more.  And  maybe so did Shoma, because he should have been in the midst of journey to find his own way (leading to Lambiel)   :chase:

13 hours ago, rubyblue said:

I.... don't see a problem here? This is just 13 yo boy saying what he saw. Didn't even say if Shomaru's way of training is good or bad.

The same way skaters from TCC say that Yuzuru is focused during training and doesn't talk to anybody. This aren't details.

And about Shomaru.... why I'm not surprised?

Well, given that Stephane has in the past posted shots of him and his skaters hard at work in the gym, building endurance (on stationary bikes), I daresay Shoma's learned what off-ice training is by now. :lol: I can't help but wonder if Stephane has run him up and down a few mountains also.

14 hours ago, Paskud said:

I.... don't see a problem here? This is just 13 yo boy saying what he saw. Didn't even say if Shomaru's way of training is good or bad.

The same way skaters from TCC say that Yuzuru is focused during training and doesn't talk to anybody. This aren't details.

I actually see a problem in the fact that he thoughtlessly allowed himself to say (publicly to international press) what he saw in traning - training is training - I think a big international star as Shoma (or any other, even less eccomplished skater) should have some level of confidentiality in that process, especially that he was in the new environment only for a trial. That's maybe not a big thing, but imo it's bad manner that is noteworthy. There are some basic ethical principles in training environment that should implemented. But is says more about coaching team that Samsonov, he oc wasn't probably aware that he kind of shaded Shoma, but this unawareness is telling.

Also, I don't think that saying by young TCC skaters that Yuzu is focused and quite distant in terms of communication is analogous example - it has nothing to do with pointing out his weaknesses in training process. Imagine e.g. if Joseph or Katia said as a fun fact about Yuzu that he's terrible at the gym and struggles at choreo lessons. I can see the storm it would cause :)

1 hour ago, rubyblue said:

Also, I don't think that saying by young TCC skaters that Yuzu is focused and quite distant in terms of communication is analogous example - it has nothing to do with pointing out his weaknesses in training process. Imagine e.g. if Joseph or Katia said a fun fact about Yuzu that he's terrible at the gym and struggles at choreo lessons. I can see the storm it would cause :)

That's cos TCC is a private club. They dont allow details of training to be public unless the skater himself or herself says so. For Yuzuru, most things are secret.

The only time it's anything close was Joseph Phan saying Yuzuru was struggling during training before 2019 WC. Followed by "But you dont see that at the competition right?" This was a compliment to Yuzuru's mental strength.

As for 'exposing' skater weaknesses, that's the coach's dept.

Orser did that in the early years. Examples : Yuzuru didnt know how to stand/pose properly for his opening pose, didnt do off ice training before going to Orser, Yuzuru too focused on quads & not on basics like Orser wanted him to.

2 hours ago, rubyblue said:

I actually see a problem in the fact that he thoughtlessly allowed himself to say (publicly to international press) what he saw in traning - training is training - I think a big international star as Shoma (or any other, even less eccomplished skater) should have some level of confidentiality in that process, especially that he was in the new environment only for a trial. That's maybe not a big thing, but imo it's bad manner that is noteworthy. There are some basic ethical principles in training environment that should implemented. But is says more about coaching team that Samsonov, he oc wasn't probably aware that he kind of shaded Shoma, but this unawareness is telling.

Also, I don't think that saying by young TCC skaters that Yuzu is focused and quite distant in terms of communication is analogous example - it has nothing to do with pointing out his weaknesses in training process. Imagine e.g. if Joseph or Katia said as a fun fact about Yuzu that he's terrible at the gym and struggles at choreo lessons. I can see the storm it would cause :)

It wasn't shading. He just said what he saw without even judging if this is good or bad.

And the fact that Yuzuru is bad at dance (off ice) isn't a mystery.:68468287: