Team Japan

4 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Considering that this thread seems to be still in the Universiade mood, here's a link to an article on Yoshiko Kobayashi, the JSF official that often accompanies Japanese skaters at the kiss and cry (...yeah, including Yuzu too ;))

https://www.fisu.net/news/winter-fisu-world-university-games/behind-the-glory-of-japan-s-figure-skating

I can finally put a name to her face! Thanks! I will never forget her reaction at the Sochi k&c for SP score :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today is a sad day

Team Japan Olympian Chris Reed passed away on this day, only one year ago. 

Chris competed in ice dance competitions and also for the team event. 

Chris was planning the rest of his life and was hoping to coach, following retirement from competitive skating. 

Chris Reed we remember you and honour you.

Rest in peace

3 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Today is a sad day

Team Japan Olympian Chris Reed passed away on this day, only one year ago. 

Chris competed in ice dance competitions and also for the team event. 

Chris was planning the rest of his life and was hoping to coach, following retirement from competitive skating. 

Chris Reed we remember you and honour you.

Rest in peace

He died three years ago in 2020, of a sudden heart attack. :(  He competed at 3 Olympics, in 2010, 2014 with Cathy Reed and then 2018 with Kana Muramoto. He retired from competition shortly before he died. It is very sad what happened to him. May he RIP.

There was quite a storm when she won All Japan that season as well. 

Boy, I wish I could forget what happened in certain part of the FS fandom that year but I just couldn't. I can't like them nor the skater they endorse even now. 

Regardless, I hope Kaori will have a performance that she can be satisfied with. 

Not sure the best place to ask this but how long have fans been displaying four leaf clovers to support Sota? I wondered if it was around for a while & just recently caught fire enough so even a casual Western fan like me could see it, or if it's actually something new. Wishing him good luck in the free! 🍀🍀

8 hours ago, LadySnowblood said:

Not sure the best place to ask this but how long have fans been displaying four leaf clovers to support Sota? I wondered if it was around for a while & just recently caught fire enough so even a casual Western fan like me could see it, or if it's actually something new. Wishing him good luck in the free! 🍀🍀

It's recent. One of the most stalwart Japanese Sota fans on Twitter made the design before this WC, and many printed it out or ordered it (IDK which) to brandish it at WC. I think the symbol comes from the first kanji in Sota's name, which is 'grass'. I predict it will soon become like Yuzuru's trademark Pooh - a symbol by which you can identify a Sota fan at a competition. Well, most of them at least; I have no wish to join that group.

10 minutes ago, surimi said:

It's recent. One of the most stalwart Japanese Sota fans on Twitter made the design before this WC, and many printed it out or ordered it (IDK which) to brandish it at WC. I think the symbol comes from the first kanji in Sota's name, which is 'grass'. I predict it will soon become like Yuzuru's trademark Pooh - a symbol by which you can identify a Sota fan at a competition. Well, most of them at least; I have no wish to join that group.

Really miss pooh rain😭Pooh rain at Turin on 7th Dec 2019 GPF was just soooo amazing and speechless. The last pooh rain that we saw was at 4CC 2020 I think 🤔

53 minutes ago, surimi said:

I had wondered how (or if) it was connected to his name, thank you!