• 2 weeks later...

dun-dun-dun-dun

Beijing 2022, the IOC, IPC and the IFs jointly decided to develop an adapted sports testing programme in preparation for the Olympic Winter Games 2022. The adapted programme will replace the organization of a series of international Test Events originally planned for the month of December 2020 and the first quarter of 2021. Consequently, the ISU confirms that the initially scheduled Test Events in Beijing for the ISU disciplines will not be held during the ongoing season 2020/21. This concerns (...) ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final, initially scheduled for December 10-13, 2020.

While under the current pandemic situation finding alternative locations (outside China) and dates to replace the respective Events during the ongoing season will be a challenge, the ISU nevertheless is evaluating such alternatives for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (...). A decision will be taken as soon as possible.

https://isu.org/isu-news/news/145-news/13322-beijing-2022-olympic-winter-games-adapted-sports-testing-programme?templateParam=15

Btw, iirc JWC is supposed to be in China too.

"The ISU joins Beijing 2022, the IOC and IPC in their continued efforts to deliver successful and memorable Olympic Winter Games in February 2022." Yeah, I have no doubt... >____>

44 minutes ago, Paskud said:

dun-dun-dun-dun

https://isu.org/isu-news/news/145-news/13322-beijing-2022-olympic-winter-games-adapted-sports-testing-programme?templateParam=15

Btw, iirc JWC is supposed to be in China too.

"The ISU joins Beijing 2022, the IOC and IPC in their continued efforts to deliver successful and memorable Olympic Winter Games in February 2022." Yeah, I have no doubt... >____>

They are trying to find somewhere to hold the GPF. Lol. Just what most people want now, another finance draining system. 

21 minutes ago, Fay said:

They are trying to find somewhere to hold the GPF. Lol. Just what most people want now, another finance draining system. 

I don't understand why they are so hellbent on the GPF. I kind of get it originally because they need a test event for Beijing, but now that's not possible and half of the skaters are out anyway. 

Big fed's wishes to have some sort of legitimation and PR pre-Beijing????

20 минут назад, Paskud сказал:

If I had to bet, I would say Megasport Arena.👀

Was my first thought too, lol.

The only countries that might held skating comps are Russia and Japan.

Though not sure Russia will care enough, financial situation is not best here too.

9 hours ago, Melodie said:

I don't understand why they are so hellbent on the GPF. I kind of get it originally because they need a test event for Beijing, but now that's not possible and half of the skaters are out anyway. 

Big fed's wishes to have some sort of legitimation and PR pre-Beijing????

Yes exactly my thought.Now that the test event for Beijing is out of the way why they are still insisting on having GPF?Its not a normal grand prix series anyway.I get it that they still continue on with some grand prix  in some country albeit its more of a mini nationals for giving skater chances to compete..eventhough i still think its unnecessary in time of this pandemic.Now what are the reasons for holding GPF? I think its just the big fed(Russia and US) that insist on for their skater benefit.Like u said PR pre-Beijing.We know that Russia will want to promote their ladies and of course US same as like previous Olympic cycle is hellbent in promoting Nathan Chen for the olympic title