14 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Hmmm I guess senior WC is next ... this is so sad ...

12 hours ago, Lunna said:

But there will be Oly spots at stake, so they will think stwice, for sure.

I thought the same. 

But with a vaccine on the horizon, maybe there's a  chance?

🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

"I don’t know about that,” Lakernik said in a telephone conversation, answering a question about the hospital in the arena and the prospects for holding the European Championship. "It is necessary to ask the Croats. Croats have not yet raised this topic (about the possible postponement of the European Championship). We have not received any official information from them. "

https://rsport.ria.ru/20201126/figurnoe-katanie-1586406494.html

giphy.gif

The Norwegian Figure Skating Association has submitted a proposal to the International Skating Union (ISU) to raise the minimum age for adulthood in women's single skating to 17.

The proposal was made last year and managed to get on the agenda of the ISU congress meeting, but it was eventually postponed to 2021. At the same time, Norway, according to the agency's interlocutors, still adheres to the proposal and does not plan to withdraw it. Thus, if the situation does not change in the near future, the issue of considering changes in the current age limit (currently, figure skaters who are 15 years old at the time of July 1 are admitted to adults) will again be initiated.

Earlier, ISU President Ian Deykema said that the organization began collecting opinions from national federations on this matter, and also noted that, in his opinion, the issue of qualification should be discussed at a congress meeting in the summer of 2021. It is Congress that approves the rule changes. Since the proposal was formally submitted on time (the deadline for non-technical proposals expires on December 1), it should get on the agenda of the congress directly, bypassing all formalities.

It is likely that, if adopted, the changes will take effect from the 2022/23 season - that is, after the 2022 Olympic Games in Beijing. At the same time, it is currently unknown how the issue with the skaters will be resolved, who will receive admission to the Games according to the old rules, but the next season they will again be forced to return to the juniors according to the new age bracket.

https://tass.ru/sport/10105745

*throws chair* THANK YOU

If the world figure skating championships do go ahead in a bubble in March in Sweden, there is a good chance Canada won't be there.

The Swedish Figure Skating Association hopes to hold the March 22-28 event in a "bubble" in Stockholm, the organization said on its website.

But COVID-19 has created a wildly uneven playing field this season, with protocols varying from country to country. Keegan Messing, a men's singles skater who lives in Alaska, is the only Canadian who's even competed since last February.

"That is one of our concerns, and we have talked about that with our athletes and coaches, given all the challenges we've had across Canada," said Mike Slipchuk, Skate Canada's high performance director.

Slipchuk pointed out that rinks are closed again in COVID-19 hotspots such as Toronto.

"So, it's been very hard for the athletes to be on a consistent training program," he said. "And then readiness, even if we do get to a real championship this year, we just don't feel that our athletes will be in a (state of) readiness that they would normally be in a normal season — which when you're trying to qualify for Olympic spots is important."

The world championships determine how many positions each country will have per event at the 2022 Olympics.

"The World Cup organization in Sweden is working intensively together with ISU to carry out a grand championship in a different way," the Swedish federation said (translated to English) on its website. "The stars are on site and through TV and digital solutions, those interested will be able to take part in the battle for the medals."

The first lockdown in Canada last spring kept many skaters off the ice for months. Pairs and dance teams were particularly hard-hit as safety protocols prevented them from touching — so no practising lifts, etc. — even when they were able to return to the rink. In some areas, touching was prohibited until August.

"So just trying to prepare has been hard ... this never happens in a normal year, we would have been competing already," Slipchuk said.

Skate Canada International, scheduled for October, was cancelled.

The International Skating Union has canvassed national federations, asking if there was a junior world and world championship, would they attend. The world junior championships in China have since been cancelled, along with the Four Continents Championships in Australia.

(...)

The ISU, meanwhile, is expected to rule on the world championships next month.

It's impossible to plan well in advance for anything, Slipchuk pointed out.

"A decision in December could change in January or February," he said.

"I just look at how fast things have changed this year, it's one of the things that probably until you're on the plane to get to the event, you're not going to know if it's going to happen. Or even in the rink.

"What we've done this year for us is really put the focus on trying to control what we can control."

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winter/figureskating/world-figure-skating-championships-canada-1.5817980

OTOH, it's funny that Canada first wanted red carpet event with 1000 fans + skaters + media squished together, but when now they aren't organisers, they are so much against WC. =D

There was this interesting poll on Twitter. Just scroll down Elisa tweets and you will see the poll. Anyhow, I had the second video an UR and third video a downgrade. It turns out all of these videos, as they revealed later, are examples of q jumps. It shows two things: 1. Q jump is weird, and/or 2. I am still not good at spotting flawed jumps. Hence back to my concern, if q jumps can be so iffy then should they be ratified at all? 

PS: @Paskud I’m sorry if you see a lot of posts from me asking for clarification on jumps and edges. I’m still learning but see? I get lots of these wrong. 

1 hour ago, Melodie said:

There was this interesting poll on Twitter. Just scroll down Elisa tweets and you will see the poll. Anyhow, I had the second video an UR and third video a downgrade. It turns out all of these videos, as they revealed later, are examples of q jumps. It shows two things: 1. Q jump is weird, and/or 2. I am still not good at spotting flawed jumps. Hence back to my concern, if q jumps can be so iffy then should they be ratified at all? 

PS: @Paskud I’m sorry if you see a lot of posts from me asking for clarification on jumps and edges. I’m still learning but see? I get lots of these wrong. 

That's ISU for you. Remember? There is no difference between flip and lutz.:ugly004:

Here you have source of these examples.:68271262:

On 8/26/2020 at 6:45 PM, Paskud said:

ISU: makes presentation with introduction to this season changes in scoring

also ISU: for q rule they show downgraded throw jump where lady clearly lands forward.

They even slowmo-ed it! SEND HELP

https://www.isu.org/isu-news/news/80-inside-figure-skating-news/13244-a-simple-guide-to-the-changes-for-season-2020-21-by-the-singles-and-pair-technical-committee?templateParam=15

15 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Sounds very interesting & promising for the future of figure skating.  I look forward to more of artistically evolved and sophisticated shows.  (Curious to know what they are doing now, during Covid...  hope they are doing ok?  The article was from 2019.)