1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Come to think of it... The skater who is punished the most with these changes is Boyang actually. He is one of the very few active skaters, who can jump a true quad Lutz, which now gets devaluated and he doesn't have 4Lo or 4F in his arsenal to to compensate the punishment.

I'm pretty sure that in the future only die hard traditionalists will bother to learn a proper Lutz technique. The majority will go with the new excessively pre-rotated version. There is absolutely no motivation to learn the difficult Lutz technique anymore. The soul of Alois Lutz must be sobbing very hard now, wherever he is.

Boyang has had a 4Lo before, so maybe he'll bring it back? It was a good one in practice...

45 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I'm sure judging will stay the same.

The only thing I'm interested in is that Japanese program that can count rotations, if only they can show it at some comp fro Japanese TV at least :popcorn:

Yes, he seems open to the introduction of technology for measurable bullets & Co, such as number of rotations. Is he really so? Will ISU (particularly, some federations) accept such a move towards impartiality?

Because, with all my love for some Russian Ladies, i agree by no means to not calling faults. Judging have to be fair and follow the rules. And we can bet there will be much less chronic problems unadressed. (Not the use of doing the same jumps underrotated during a growth spurt, I have nothing against, it just has to be scored correctly.)

This opening alone fuels my wildest hopes. ;-)

10 минут назад, SitTwizzle сказал:

Yes, he seems open to the introduction of technology for measurable bullets & Co, such as number of rotations. Is he really so? Will ISU (particularly, some federations) accept such a move towards impartiality?

I don't believe we'll see measurable technology applying in judging any time soon, it'll be too much of a revolution for them and harder to cut out non-favorites. But will be fun to see it on TV at least.

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

It sounds like they won't solve the problem with it but the results will be the same with perhaps less overscoring. So that in the end the result looks less bad.

Nah, it sounds like "Shut up finally!".

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Anyway 2020-21 season is highly unlikely at this point so everyone get ready for ISU to implement these new rules during Olympic season (and crown the winners before the tickets are even sold.) :popcorn:

A normal season is highly unlikely, but a reduced/adapted one?

26 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

A normal season is highly unlikely, but a reduced/adapted one?

GP series is impossible with travel restrictions, 14 day quarantine rules, and severely reduced flights, 4CC Sydney is 99.99% not happening unless another country puts its hand up to take it, so that leaves only Euros and WC (unless another country wants to deal with 4CC) but would that be fair to non European skaters? Idk. I think Nationals are the only likely competitions to happen.

25 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

GP series is impossible with travel restrictions, 14 day quarantine rules, and severely reduced flights, 4CC Sydney is 99.99% not happening unless another country puts its hand up to take it, so that leaves only Euros and WC (unless another country wants to deal with 4CC) but would that be fair to non European skaters? Idk. I think Nationals are the only likely competitions to happen.

Why would 4CC not happen unless it’s in another country? Would the country hosting it make a difference?

1 hour ago, SitTwizzle said:

Yet 4CC is in February, and we are yet to see how the epidemic evolves.

It's the word of the government so I wouldn't count on it. 

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

I for one welcome our 2021 1 Continent champions Brendan Kerry and Kailani Craine.

:knc_brian1: +5000GOE

7 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

what a fake sport

This 'q' thing was so obvious in the favor of the Russian girls (aka Eteri's up until now, will see later with Sasha). Now, they won't get URs anymore, which diminished the BV, but they will get 'q', with BV staying the same.

The pre-rotation thing will be used arbitrarily by the judges, to lower GOE for those they don't like, not for them.