7 minutes ago, swanbeau said:

yes, thats the point im making? umm i hope i understand what you mean is that with less jumps and no-quad-repetition NOT applied, skaters with 1 type of quads could be disadvantaged? or you mean with that rule applied?

From my understanding you are for the no quad repetition rule right? I don't agree with this because as it stands we already have men skipping the 4T and going directly for the 4S and 4Lz because of BV. If you use Yuzu as a base, his GPF15 FS with a 4S and 2x4Ts is still a high point getter because of his quality (GOEs). This rule was proposed to slow down the quad race but in my opinion it may actually accelerate it because the limitation of the type of quads means skaters who want to be competitive will have no choice but to train quads they're not comfortable with to increase their BV capabilities.

19 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

From my understanding you are for the no quad repetition rule right? I don't agree with this because as it stands we already have men skipping the 4T and going directly for the 4S and 4Lz because of BV. If you use Yuzu as a base, his GPF15 FS with a 4S and 2x4Ts is still a high point getter because of his quality (GOEs). This rule was proposed to slow down the quad race but in my opinion it may actually accelerate it because the limitation of the type of quads means skaters who want to be competitive will have no choice but to train quads they're not comfortable with to increase their BV capabilities.

That is actually the original issue I had with the no repeat quad rule. That if we say you can't repeat, many guys will train much harder quads and risk injury (some will be forced by feds to do so-aka Kolyada and his 4Lz). In the case of Yuzu, Shoma, Boyang and Nathan, they have a significant advantage, because each have 3 quads that they can do comfortably. However, that is not the norm for men- most men are still at 4T and 4S. So such a rule means for BV, you need to train more quads to even get into the top 6, and you'll need others to make mistakes. The BV advantage is still there, thus, even in a no-repeat-quad scenario.

Hypothetically, under no repeat quad scenario:

Nathan: Nathan still has a slight bv advantage because he can do 4Lz and 4F, and combo the 4Lz, he technically also has 4T, 4S and possibly 4Lo, so he has 5/7 jumps that can use a quad

Shoma: has 4T, 4Lo and 4F, also a 4S, so he has 4/7 slots locked for quads

Boyang: has 4T, 4S, 4Lz and possibly a 4Lo, can combo off of 4Lz, so 4/7 slots locked for quads

Yuzu: 4T, 4S, 4Lo and a possible 4Lz, (we haven't seen a 4A in a comp practice before so I'm not counting it), so also 4/7 slots locked for quads

Mikhail: 4T for sure, possibly 4 Lz, has 2/7 slots locked for quads

Cha Junhwan: 4T and 4S, 2/7 slots locked for quads

But from that list, you can see potentially how many point differences will exist in pure BV if all the guys land their known, stable quads, right? If anything this will make the BV difference between guys with more quads, and with less quads, even bigger than before.

If the goal of a layout is to min/max what you can with your stamina, then no repeat quads allowed, will significantly hamper the ability of guys with 1-2 quads to min/max their scoring potential. So to a degree, their quad acquisition would not need to speed up insanely so. But no repeat means to min/max you have to speed up quad acquisition-and this will trickle down to the junior levels when guys first start learning quads. If you are just starting out and you can't repeat quads, you might as well go for the higher value ones-4F, 4Lz respectively to get your BV up. Now add in growth spurts, and prepare for real injury.

Also, no matter what system is in place, in terms of pure BV, Nathan wins for now. He just has the most variety of quads landed.

I'm interested in the max-layout triples people will use.

Chen will still do only one 3A, so what else is he adding? Will he train a 3Lz-1Lo-3F, or lose points? Other than that, 4F-3T, and 4T-3T, right? 

The others can all do 2 3As, so for instance, Hanyu will do 3A, and 3A-1lo-3S, along will 3Lz. As will Jin. Only thing these two need to do is remove the 3F. Or train a 3A-1Lo-3F, like Uno. (And Hanyu needs a stable 4S-3T, and Jin either needs his 4Lz combo in LPs, or needs to train a 4T-3T).

So with the people we know, it starts balancing out. Chen no longer can bear that much of an advantage. His 4S and 4Lo are weak anyway, and everyone else has three stable (better in the case of Hanyu and Jin) quads.  Well, and Uno needs to focus on stabilising everything except his triples and 4T.

5 minutes ago, hoodie axel said:

I'm interested in the max-layout triples people will use.

Chen will still do only one 3A, so what else is he adding? Will he train a 3Lz-1Lo-3F, or lose points? Other than than, 4F-3T, and 4T-3T, right? 

The others can all do 2 3As, so for instance, Hanyu will do 3A, and 3A-1lo-3S, along will 3Lz. As will Jin. Only thing these two need to do is remove the 3F. Or train a 3A-1Lo-3F, like Uno. (And Hanyu needs a stable 4S-3T, and Jin either needs his 4Lz combo in LPs, or needs to train a 4T-3T).

So with the people we know, it starts balancing out.

If Yuzu removes his 3F he won't have one of every type of jump since 4F isn't happening. Wasn't there something about him wanting to keep having every type of jump? 

9 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

BTW @xeyra where was this announcement?

No announcement; a poster on GS was talking about it related to the Broadmoor Open competition in the USA, which will test the new GOE system. Appears the bullet points and other stuff is known but operationalization on how i'll be applied is still being finalized, but it includes these points.

20 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

@SparkleSalad here!! We're against Taiwan and their free tickets and existing ice rink arena but there has to be a way...

We have a world class arena in Melbourne. :hachimaki: I will fight Taiwan to the ... well I'll just fight 'em! COME AT ME, TAIWAN! (Sorry to the Taiwanese fans but if we win I'll show you around Melbourne and give you presents. ^_^) 

9 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

We have a world class arena in Melbourne. :hachimaki: I will fight Taiwan to the ... well I'll just fight 'em! COME AT ME, TAIWAN! (Sorry to the Taiwanese fans but if we win I'll show you around Melbourne and give you presents. ^_^) 

I'm not actually into sports other than FS so I only know of the Rod Laver Arena (is there any other with a good seating capacity?)

9 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I'm not actually into sports other than FS so I only know of the Rod Laver Arena (is there any other with a good seating capacity?)

Get ready for the worst website you've ever tried to navigate! 

O'Brien Group Arena

6,500 seats is enough, right? >_>

:rofl: It's so tiny! It looks like 600 seats, max! 

ETA When Torvill and Dean came they skated at Rod Laver but across the road in Olympic Park is where they had (or still have?) Disney on Ice. There's a bunch of options, really. 

8 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Um.... Taiwan arena 15,000+ seat capacity...

Also, who made this website?!

I added some more info to the last post about possible venues. :P

And I think they just used a "BUSINESS!" template. I still haven't been because I can't effing work out their deal with ice time from that godforsaken website. 

ETA Disney on Ice actually happens now in Hisense arena which is just next door to Rod Laver. Still only 10,500, though. 

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

I added some more info to the last post about possible venues. :P

And I think they just used a "BUSINESS!" template. I still haven't been because I can't effing work out their deal with ice time from that godforsaken website. 

ETA Disney on Ice actually happens now in Hisense arena which is just next door to Rod Laver. Still only 10,500, though. 

They must have a location in mind for them to be able to bid for it! /crossing fingers and toes/

2 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Didn't Taipei have it last season?  When the lights kept going out at the gala?

Yep! The tickets were free though so that would've been a bargain for fans!