1 hour ago, kelly said:

Tbf they're still only proposals so we can hope isu is not that stupid

When ISU is not stupid ? :slinkaway: But yeah, they are just proposals. I can see most skaters would wait after June to get their choreo, especially the men. After all, rule is rule, how judges use them is another thing. They said no 10s for a program with fall but Javi and Evgenia still got it a couple of times. The problem is never the system, its the judges 

I see no proposal about spin/step so the BV/requirement for these element might stay the same. 

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I think it can be a good thing.

For example, in gymnastics, you have to turn 16 to compete in seniors by Jan 1 of that year. It used to be 14, then 15, so a little bit similar to what we have now in figure skating. And when they changed it to 16, suddenly there are women who are competing will into their 20's and go to multiple Olympics. The winners are still pretty young but the longevity of gymnasts' careers increased by a lot. So to many people it was a very healthy change. If we could see this in figure skating, then that may be a positive change...

In gymnastics, you have to be 16 by December 31 of the year you turn senior. Kyla ross was a member of the gold medal team for the USA at london 2012 at 15 since she turned 16 in October which is why I don't see the reason for ISU to change since it's about the same. 

Figure skating is just going through that phase because of new elements that skaters weren't doing before and they're getting injured more frequently. Gymnastics went through the same thing and it wasn't until the last two quads (summer) that you saw gymnasts well in their 20s contending for medals. It also came down to technique. Before, many were chugging their skills and hoping for the best because they know that they'll be rewarded for it, similarly to what's happening in figure skating. But when it got penalized more and the value of some skills decreased, many focused on improving their techniques and execution of skills which ultimately led to less injury and longer careers.

1 minute ago, sweetwater said:

A smart way to deal with the package of the fabric softener you bought just for Yuzu stickers

Er... this is probably a mistake to post this here? 

Let's drop the issue, I'd rather discuss skating schools in the Gen Skating Chat. =)

So, to start this all off, here's a nice tumblr post that actually does a good summary of the skating schools in Japan: Skating Schools in Japan

Now, can anyone do anything similar with the NA schools or the Russian schools?

Well I'm not sure that people here would welcome a 25 page derailing of the General Skating Chat thread.  I'm personally interested in @Xens query re skating schools in general - I liked that post about the Japanese schools and would welcome something similar re NA, Europe, etc

4 minutes ago, Starfishsea said:

I personally don't mind new skaters at TCC but I do worry how crowded it will be with too many new skaters for Brian to handle. Brian has limits and already has many students. 

How about this, let's not bring GS rumor mongering into this thread yes? =)

I have a feeling I know who you are over there, and I'm sure you know who I am over there. =)

Also, skater's private lives is their own thing-it's a bit offensive that fans take it seriously and start getting oddly possessive about their skater's personal private relationships. Just saying'

To keep this one clean, if anyone wants to talk about potential, and actual, coaching changes of skaters, we have a separate place now!

I've moved the current posts there too about the topic but in the future, we will use it for all of them!

1 minute ago, Xen said:

How about this, let's not bring GS rumor mongering into this thread yes? =)

I have a feeling I know who you are over there, and I'm sure you know who I am over there. =)

Also, skater's private lives is their own thing-it's a bit offensive that fans take it seriously and start getting oddly possessive about their skater's personal private relationships. Just saying'

Actually I have only posted 2 short comments on GS to stop the rumors. They were like 1 paragraph at max. I was not one of the people who told people to stop rumors feverently. I assure you I did not start arguments on GS. Positive. If you want proof then PM me and I will tell you my GS ID. 😅

1 minute ago, Starfishsea said:

Actually I have only posted 2 short comments on GS to stop the rumors. They were like 1 paragraph at max. I was not one of the people who told people to stop rumors feverently. I assure you I did not start arguments on GS. Positive. If you want proof then PM me and I will tell you my GS ID. 😅

Spoiler

Oh trust me, I lurk in that thread. I am very sure you have encountered me over there, and in fact I'm very sure I PMed you before over there.

Just now, Xen said:
  Hide contents

Oh trust me, I lurk in that thread. I am very sure you have encountered me over there, and in fact I'm very sure I PMed you before over there.

No I have never received a PM from anyone. I am sending you my GS ID through PM right now. 

Spoiler

I only watched people fight over there because it looked like a cat fight after the whole Eteri coach change drama. And I said like 2 comments. 3 maybe. I can't remember