9 minutes ago, Xen said:

He would need 45 PCS, which averages out to 9 on his PCS points, which I don't see happening easily. Then on top of that, he still needs to get better GOEs, but seeing his competitive track record, I don't see Nate getting perfect GOEs anytime soon. Has he ever received +3 GOEs on any jumps? My memory is that he has not, but could be wrong.

As for breaking Yuzu's SP-I think Yuzu would break his own SP WR before he allows another guy to break it. And then if another guy breaks his WR, he'll just go and break the new guy's WR all over again. That is him in a nutshell. :13877886:

After watching us classic SP, I feel good now...Light/Costume/Camera are important lol...he got 44 in first competition...45 is not far...

Even +1 GOE is scary for such high BV :)

15 minutes ago, SSS said:

After watching us classic SP, I feel good now...Light/Costume/Camera are important lol...he got 44 in first competition...45 is not far...

Even +1 GOE is scary for such high BV :)

Yes, but that also requires that Nate needs to pull off a clean program to net his higher PCS scores. His layout is also more challenging. Plus, PCS scores also get marked for skaters relative to each other. So if Nate gets 9's across the board, Yuzu can probably net even higher PCS scores if he skates decently clean (aka less +3 GOEs, but no big mistakes) since Judges need to square their scores to any high scores they give to Nate.

So I'm not that worried-I somewhat expect Yuzu to keep on breaking his own SR in the short this season. :laughing:

Just now, Smultron said:

All that BV stuff gave me anxiety :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: The men field is so wild :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I guess I'll go look at those pie charts again to feel better..

Well in Yuzu I trust. He hasn't dissappointed me yet (though as soon as I saw the pop in the ACI2017 FS I kind of lowered my expectations immediately). If anyone can be stable with crazy layouts, it's him as he doesn't just throw layouts out like halloweeen candy.

14 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I remember someone saying before the season started that we should all brace ourselves for someone to break Yuzu's SP WR before he does it again himself. Welp... :laughing:

The usual suspects of Yata, Xeyra, Murilieum and Meioma?  As soon as I saw Xeyra's BV tables, I joked (semi-seriously) that Yuzu would break the 350 barrier by or at the Olys even without a 4Lz, pefectly possible if he goes clean....:slinkaway:

If clean vs clean then Yuzu wins hands down. That being said, Nathan's SP is really compelling - it's fresh and new music to the FS world, brings out his youth and musicality (none of this balletic nonsense American media has been feeding us) so if Yuzu has an off day, of course Nathan has a shot. Whether or not he breaks Yuzu's WR score is another matter. But I think people should just be prepared in case it does happen (right now I think Shoma is actually the closest to doing it). If it happens then it happens. WRs are not gonna stand forever. Yuzu will just have to break it again :laughing:

13 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

If clean vs clean then Yuzu wins hands down. That being said, Nathan's SP is really compelling - it's fresh and new music to the FS world, brings out his youth and musicality (none of this balletic nonsense American media has been feeding us) so if Yuzu has an off day, of course Nathan has a shot. Whether or not he breaks Yuzu's WR score is another matter. But I think people should just be prepared in case it does happen (right now I think Shoma is actually the closest to doing it). If it happens then it happens. WRs are not gonna stand forever. Yuzu will just have to break it again :laughing:

I was scared myself when I saw it, then I felt bad for wishing only my favourite has a shot at winning, then I realised that those feeling are really a compliment to Nathan. (I really love that SP.) 

11 hours ago, Xen said:

Yes, but that also requires that Nate needs to pull off a clean program to net his higher PCS scores. His layout is also more challenging. Plus, PCS scores also get marked for skaters relative to each other. So if Nate gets 9's across the board, Yuzu can probably net even higher PCS scores if he skates decently clean (aka less +3 GOEs, but no big mistakes) since Judges need to square their scores to any high scores they give to Nate.

So I'm not that worried-I somewhat expect Yuzu to keep on breaking his own SR in the short this season. :laughing:

Nathan can get higher pcs due to what we all know, but the highest Yuzu can get is 100. No matter how clean he skates..He can only get extra 1 point. I can't wait to see WR to be break back to back by the only Yuzuru ...

9 hours ago, kaeryth said:

I don't know ...I feel like considering the BV in the table..If Shoma's current jumps and skating skills break 114.72 (112.72+2), it will be really interesting ...isu will die..

13 hours ago, Xen said:

The usual suspects of Yata, Xeyra, Murilieum and Meioma?  As soon as I saw Xeyra's BV tables, I joked (semi-seriously) that Yuzu would break the 350 barrier by or at the Olys even without a 4Lz, pefectly possible if he goes clean....:slinkaway:

I would never even imagine someone breaking Yuzuru's WR! All the WR have to be his!!! :laughing: Also, yes, I am fairly convinced Yuzuru will break 350 barrier... possibly with the Lutz cause I think he won't take it back now that he threw it out. 

I can't wait to see it in 10 days... gimmie that 4Lz Yuzu... GIMMIE. 

I'm not particularly worried about Nathan, if Yuzu has a good season and at the least drops his popping habit, he's fine. I see areas for improvement in the performance of both of Nathan's programs, that we might get in the SP but tbh when he starts adding a ridiculous amount of quads to his FS we're just not going to get. And he's not going to get high GOE on all of those elements. Yuzuru is aiming for +3s on everything and can say that's his aim without it seeming totally ridiculous. Nathan isn't there yet (and Shoma has basically said he's just aiming to get the full BV on his stuff and not really overly concerning himself with execution. tbh i wouldn't be surprised if Nathan's thinking is similar - just get the rotations and get it landed, judges will give you candies in the pcs and maybe the goe anyway just for landing a lot of quads so...)

I don;t think anyone else will be breaking yuzuru's records without either having significantly higher BV or somehow delivering a performance at that level. I just don;t see how judges could justify giving nathan's sp more than 112 even if he landed everything without him somehow rapidly improving his performance by a really, really large degree.

If Yuzu starts having a hard season, sure I'll worry, but if the whole men's field manages to not pop or splat in both programs Yuzuru wins because his average execution is better. I'm more worried about the sQuad keeping Javi off podium ;; but Javi's got his season off to a pretty good start so....