1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Will placehold these to come back to another time! :tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:Consider yourselves warned. >:o)

We will, and I'm looking forward to reading the essays!

I must say, I ADORE spins, idk, if well placed thay have more wow factor for me than the quads *legasp!* but then again, delayed 1A had more impact than some of the quads for me (as somebody on tumblr rightly hashtagged #mysinglesarebetterthanyourquads)...still, I'd watch Deniss over unsure Shoma (Maybe not unsure, but when he says he was nervous his final spin travels a bit...), Nate and Boyang... and it's one of the reasons I love Cricket training tactics? Every element gets the attention it deserves, and I could write ode to TCC skater's spins If I had any poetic inclinations (be grateful I don't xD), even the male-ish, stiff/scared ones of Javi (why his face looks so scared when he rotates anything...:smiley-dance018:)

I guess that's one of the final reasons "Swan" used to make me love it- it doesn't have spins, it has THE spins xD

How many men are bringing in new quads to Olympic season again?

• Yuzuru (4Lz)
  • Shoma (4S.... tbc 4Lz?)
  • Nathan (4Lo)
  • Aliev (4Lz)
  • Samarin (4Lz)
  • Vincent (4F)
  • Javi (tbc 4Lo?)

Maybe?

• Patrick (tbc 4F?)

Who am I missing? And who said Olympics was the time to play safe!? :13877886:

6 minutes ago, katonice said:

Is Patrick still introducing his 4F this season?

It was something he was practicing but I'm not sure he is adding it, when he's already adding a quad to his SP. He didn't show any hints of it at the summer Onyx competition where he first did his new programs. But neither did Javi at his FS practice yesterday of the 4Lo, so maybe they won't add any new quads this season. 

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

It was something he was practicing but I'm not sure he is adding it, when he's already adding a quad to his SP. He didn't show any hints of it at the summer Onyx competition where he first did his new programs. But neither did Javi at his FS practice yesterday of the 4Lo, so maybe they won't add any new quads this season. 

I must admit I'm curious to see it.

But if it isn't ready, then it would do more harm than good to include in his programs.

23 hours ago, xeyra said:

How many men are bringing in new quads to Olympic season again?

• Yuzuru (4Lz)
  • Shoma (4S.... tbc 4Lz?)
  • Nathan (4Lo)
  • Aliev (4Lz)
  • Samarin (4Lz)
  • Vincent (4F)
  • Javi (tbc 4Lo?)

Maybe?

• Patrick (tbc 4F?)

Who am I missing? And who said Olympics was the time to play safe!? :13877886:

Mikhail Kolyada landed a 4Lz at Nepala practice and damn, it looks good (edit: oh wait, idk if it's a new quad or if he's attempted it before)

4 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Mikhail Kolyada landed a 4Lz at Nepala practice and damn, it looks good (edit: oh wait, idk if it's a new quad or if he's attempted it before)

Gorgeous, honestly my only criticism is that the video isn't taken from a side angle. I WANT TO SEE DISTANCE

Also he has attempted it before, he just never landed it in competition.

6 hours ago, kaerb said:

I haven't the foggiest about jumps, new or not, but... wow, what a thing of beauty! Well done, Mikhail! Now land it in competition, too! :smiley-happy085:

7 hours ago, kaerb said:

It's not new. He's been attempting it for a while now, but no luck in competition so far. And yes, seeing how he flies in his 3Lz, I expect the quad to be HUGE :smiley-love017:

well that is behind us, woot. one amazing skate ... well we could say two amazing skates, in their own way :laughing:

and finally, those who have been listening to me blather on about the 4lz will be relieved that i will continue as cor and the lz, here we come! ;)

oh congratulations to kolyada. seriously, well done. i am so, so happy he finally landed that ruddy thing at nepela. may this help him onward!

Adding to my useless stats gathering, I compiled a list of male skaters and elements that have gotten max GOE in the past years, in international ISU-sanctioned competitions, as gathered from Rink Results.

If anyone is interested, here are the tables: MAX GOE HISTORY at Google Sheets.

Note: It is possible there's been triples and triple combos below 3A that have gotten max GOE in the past but I'll have to dig elsewhere for those stats since this site does not allow to see past the first 50 results.

24 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Adding to my useless stats gathering, I compiled a list of male skaters and elements that have gotten max GOE in the past years, in international ISU-sanctioned competitions, as gathered from Rink Results.

If anyone is interested, here are the tables: MAX GOE HISTORY at Google Sheets.

Note: It is possible there's been triples and triple combos below 3A that have gotten max GOE in the past but I'll have to dig elsewhere for those stats since this site does not allow to see past the first 50 results.

This is..impressive :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01: