It's a really good way to take the worst pressure off while still maintaining a Spanish presence in the minds of the FS public/media - good publicity for his ice shows and teaching camps too.

So, since I am who I am, instead of preparing for yet another re-sit examination (I have failed the exam for this particular course 3 times already, yay me!:10640793:), this is what I do:

My favourite kind of 'What-ifs'!!!

Spoiler

If Zu has been able to follow his Olympics plan from the summer as he himself wrote:

tumblr_p6qh1qifC21w111g4o3_540.png

His SP, with highest GOEs would get this TES:

tumblr_p6qh1qifC21w111g4o2_540.png

Taking his PCS from ACI (48.55 which is just 0.05 higher from PC, and .59 lower than his highest ever), the total would be: 115.16

His FS, with highest GOEs would get this TES:

tumblr_p6qh1qifC21w111g4o1_540.png

Taking his PCS from PC (96.62, which is not even in the Top 3 of his highest ever), the total would be: 239.68

Summary:

SP FS Segment Total
TES 66.61 48.55 115.16
PCS 143.06 96.62 239.68
    Total 354.84

Ah, the dream. Here's to coming close and even surpass these cold, cold numbers, no matter what ISU cooks up.:snpeace:

ETA: picture not embedding:13877886: Here they are.

4 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

I just realised something. Does anyone even do a 3A as the second jump in a combo?? I mean.... most men can't even land a good one as a solo jump, is it even a thing to use it that way? 

Bringing this here in case the discussion grow.

3A as 2nd jump in combo would make the combo counted as a 'jump sequence' instead (will get +SEQ in protocols). The 3A then would only worth 80% of the BV. Considering, as you said, most people don't even have a good 3A, it wouldn't be wise for them to jump it only to have it scored 80% of its BV.

Some ladies, e.g. Daleman and Tuktamysheva on top of my head, do jump 2A in sequence. But that's because 2A is relatively easier, and 80% of its BV of 3.3 is 2.64, higher than any other double jumps' full BV. So, if they have a full set of good triples, jumping one of their 2A as 2nd jump in a sequence could actually give them a TES boost, depending on how good a GOE their 2A usually give them.

Bringing more of Zu's YOLO jumps, courtesy of, you guess it, Alice.

Starting from the days of young Romeo (RJ1), since he popped his 3Lz that's supposed to be in combo:

3S2T:

tumblr_inline_p6r14wqWbn1slyotu_540.gif

There are 2 more, and then this super rare jump combo from bby Seimei. This was because he stepped out of a 3A, of all things.

3Lo1/2Lo3S:

tumblr_inline_p6r1koh6SC1slyotu_540.gif

There's a 3A in Requiem when he popped the 1st one, and then the whole beautiful and still calculated mess of 2017's 4CC, ending with this 3A out of an Ina Bauer right before the ending spin. You can see Brian losing some more hair there.:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

tumblr_inline_p6r24jdr281slyotu_540.gif

Then, the 4T1/2Lo3S from WTT 2017, which, quoting Alice, "... I’ve no idea how he managed to stay on his feet throughout that combo because he was all over the place on the landings of both the quad and the triple"

tumblr_inline_p6r2a2ks9k1slyotu_540.gif

She closed it with the most recent 3A1/2Lo3S in PC (done to recover the failed 4T-combo), from another angle.

tumblr_inline_p6r2md91TM1slyotu_540.gif

Alice, on Zu's possible layout in the future, taking into account the reduced number of jumping passes, plus usual suspicion of his reluctance to drop any jump type.

4Lz / 4Lo / 3F || 4S+3T / 4T / 3A+3T / 3A+1Lo+3S

4A isn't mentioned yet.:peekapooh:

She also said he could do 3Lz and put 3F in combo as opposed to 3S.

I asked her whether it would be more difficult for Zu to do 4F or AnyTriple-Lo-3F combo.

What does the Planet think?

17 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Alice, on Zu's possible layout in the future, taking into account the reduced number of jumping passes, plus usual suspicion of his reluctance to drop any jump type.

4Lz / 4Lo / 3F || 4S+3T / 4T / 3A+3T / 3A+1Lo+3S

4A isn't mentioned yet.:peekapooh:

She also said he could do 3Lz and put 3F in combo as opposed to 3S.

I asked her whether it would be more difficult for Zu to do 4F or AnyTriple-Lo-3F combo.

What does the Planet think?

To quote Brian when talking about Yuzu's quads, "his flips not very good so he's not going there...."

14 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

To quote Brian when talking about Yuzu's quads, "his flips not very good so he's not going there...."

That's a good point, but then it also applies to the -Lo-3F combo. 

My question is more like, we know that Zu is more naturally inclined to take off from an outside edge when doing toe jumps. And so, doing a quad flip will not work since that natural inclination would be more pronounced in the quad iteration and make him lip instead. But what about putting 3F as the last jump in the said 3-jump combo? Would that be more or as difficult or easier? Why?