7 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

VIDEO - Time Machine: How figure skating has evolved

With Yuzuru as the example for the quad. 

I like this video, even though it's a little misleading. John Curry was doing triples when he won, and Alexei Yagudin was doing quads. It might have made more sense to focus on one type of jump. Looking forward to a video of Dick Button landing the first double axel, Vern Taylor landing the first triple axel, and Yuzuru Hanyu landing the first quadruple axel :fingerscrossed:

Just now, beki said:

I like this video, even though it's a little misleading. John Curry was doing triples when he won, and Alexei Yagudin was doing quads. It might have made more sense to focus on one type of jump. Looking forward to a video of Dick Button landing the first double axel, Vern Taylor landing the first triple axel, and Yuzuru Hanyu landing the first quadruple axel :fingerscrossed:

Let's call dibs on this video :interview:

1 hour ago, mcq said:

Hooray! Thank you so much Fresca! Just take your time. I (and I am sure many others too) have already been so thankful for all the insight you gave from the ballet perspective, :biggrin: and you are good at explaining things too. Here have some virtual flowers :thankyou:

Flowers! :665e343793b9:I'll try to do it this weekend. I've been wanting to do a big post like this anyway including some notes on choreography and aesthetics like how Shoma's FS is not a tango and Javi has castanet hands. If I have even more time, I'll try to do both the SP and the FS. :smiley-happy085:

Okay, queueing up the footage.

Gillis Grafström 1A

Triple gold medalist, and then a silver... a new goal for Yuzu? :smiley-scared003: 

Dick Button 2A

He is a wonderful inspiration for Yuzu, if you keep watching the video. First man to do a camel spin, invented the flying camel, first triple jump in competition. Double gold, obviously. Kind of insane—put the 2A in the day after landing it in practice. High standards that showed through in his commentary. He was critical but he had his loves, Mao being one of them. I just want Yuzu to channel Uncle Dick this year...

Vern Taylor 3A

Lost energy for the program after... a cautionary tale?

Yuzuru Hanyu 4A

This will do for now...

24 years from single to double. 30 years from double to triple. 39 years from triple to now. Time seems about right.

Actually, realized I'm a little off. The axel was invented by Axel Paulsen in 1882, but we don't have film footage from that time. So it was 66 years from single to double... Yuzu, don't make me wait until 2044...

48 minutes ago, Fresca said:

Flowers! :665e343793b9:I'll try to do it this weekend. I've been wanting to do a big post like this anyway including some notes on choreography and aesthetics like how Shoma's FS is not a tango and Javi has castanet hands. If I have even more time, I'll try to do both the SP and the FS. :smiley-happy085:

Thank you so much Fresca, I'm very much looking forward to that post! (just a suggestion, but I think quite a few of your amazing posts a being lost a bit in how big many of our threads are (not saying I don't like how big these topics are, of course I do!), but if you want to, you could start a new topic for that too. While of course it belongs to general skating talk, I just think too that your analysis' would deserve their own topic and the following attention :BeatingHeart: )

@MaxSWAGG the fan judges scoring is a great idea - and since it was yours, how about you open the thread in the Skating Knickknacks? Not meant as an attempt to tell you what to do, but it was yours so I think it should be your thread =) Given I have the time, I'd like to join in too, I like scoring for myself anyway (and might have a few events I'd like to suggest :4chsmu1: )

13 minutes ago, Joey said:

Thank you so much Fresca, I'm very much looking forward to that post! (just a suggestion, but I think quite a few of your amazing posts a being lost a bit in how big many of our threads are (not saying I don't like how big these topics are, of course I do!), but if you want to, you could start a new topic for that too. While of course it belongs to general skating talk, I just think too that your analysis' would deserve their own topic and the following attention :BeatingHeart: )

@MaxSWAGG the fan judges scoring is a great idea - and since it was yours, how about you open the thread in the Skating Knickknacks? Not meant as an attempt to tell you what to do, but it was yours so I think it should be your thread =) Given I have the time, I'd like to join in too, I like scoring for myself anyway (and might have a few events I'd like to suggest :4chsmu1: )

Will do! 

Sincere thanks to you all who have made this place so wonderful, informative and fun all-in-one. There is so much more flexibility and creativity in this forum, and I am happy (like yuzu always is) that I can learn so much about figure skating here while having fun. Thanks again to all who have contributed to this amazing planet. Looking forward to fan judges scoring and Fresca's post :snonegai:

1 hour ago, kitsune said:

Is there any chance the 3F will still be the third jump pass and be in the second half? I know it does not change much but it is a question that suddenly appeared in my mind.:81:

I think the 3F will be the third jumping pass forever and ever! J/K. Whether it goes on the second half, well, it barely is in the first half in H&L, with the way it comes after the Step Sequence, so unless he decides to try attaching the 3F to the 3A-1Lo combo, I doubt it'll move from there. In the future, after Oly season, and with one less jumping pass, it may ended up gone, though. 

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

I think the 3F will be the third jumping pass forever and ever! J/K. Whether it goes on the second half, well, it barely is in the first half in H&L, with the way it comes after the Step Sequence, so unless he decides to try attaching the 3F to the 3A-1Lo combo, I doubt it'll move from there. In the future, after Oly season, and with one less jumping pass, it may ended up gone, though. 

:smiley-sad016::sadPooh:

that 3F is a thing of beauty

(but I could survive, if Yuzu won't r*****e)

Are there any real chances that he would change his 3A-combos? If he goes for the 4Lz, will the 3Lz stay as well?