If Yuzuru can get a -3Lo combo consistent + good distance and running edge then adding it to his layout would be a good rise in BV(he can replace that -2T). Otherwise like meioma said it's not worth training. 3A-3T +3.00 GOE(not that the judges are gonna let him get it :cry:) is worth more than 3A-3Lo +0.00 GOE and 3A-2T +3.00 GOE is barely worth less than 3A-3Lo.

Thank you for all replies. Now I see 4Lz is necessary to raise the jump layout.

I didn't think he would include 4Lz next season before I read this thread, but now I am staring to expect it.

And I am also happy to feel he will not r**** after Olympic until he add 4A besides 4Lo. 

4A is still further away...

6 hours ago, Taco said:

Thank you for all replies. Now I see 4Lz is necessary to raise the jump layout.

I didn't think he would include 4Lz next season before I read this thread, but now I am staring to expect it.

And I am also happy to feel he will not r**** after Olympic until he add 4A besides 4Lo. 

4A is still further away...

I don't believe that Yuzuru has said he wants to do 4A in competition? He said he wants to land 4A.

20 minutes ago, Bonesfan said:

I don't believe that Yuzuru has said he wants to do 4A in competition? He said he wants to land 4A.

He mentioned he wanted to be the first to land a 4A and the only way to get it ratified is in an ISU comp. I highly doubt we'll be seeing any attempts, in practice or otherwise, until after the Olympics (would be really stupid to risk an injury in the most important season) and maybe not even the season following.

I think how long he stays after 2018 really depends on the condition of his health.

so with chopin being the sp, now the possibily of him upgrading his layout is high.... i cant believe i'm gonna say that i didnt expect this, i thought his layout is gonna stay the same lol but good for him i guess.

although i have slight suspicion that he did that layout at FaOI to confuse his rivals :lol: (i mean it's an ice show, why would he did his layout there? other people didnt even jump quad...)

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

Some layout talk for perspective:

4Lo 4S3T // 3A - 49.75 BV (2016-2017 layout)

4Lo // 3A 4T3T - 51.01 BV (as attempted at FaOI)

4Lz // 3A 4T3T - 52.61 BV

Nathan's SP: 4Lz3T 4F // 3A - 53.15 BV

Shoma's SP: 4Lo 4F3T // 3A - 51.55 BV

Boyang's SP: 4Lz3T 3A // 4T - 51.33 BV

Note: These layouts are assumed, but may change (Nathan and Shoma can change some jumps to second half, Boyang could change the 4T for 4S)

Edited to correct where I wrote 3F instead of 3T. Duh.

Bringing this here from the FaOI thread to not clog it up with OT subjects, if people want to discuss his SP layout. 

All in all, just moving the combo to second half, even if he downgrades from 4S3T to 4T3T, is a BV increase of 1.26 points. But it's not really an increase in terms of the tech itself, if one looks at it. However, not having all three edge jumps in the SP might help stabilize the jump layout, if he keeps it like this, because then he won't have to change his entries to very similar jumps (4Lo and 4S). 

I think, though, by going with a known quantity (Chopin) and a more stable combo (4T3T), he may be readying for introducing the 4Lz to his SP.

Or he has decided to try his luck with going completely clean. How that'll shake up in the run up to the Olympics in his GOEs/PCS, if he does go clean before February, might be something to keep an eye out. Will judges reward lower tech consistency the same way they do it in Ladies?

5 minutes ago, Anony said:

I have suggestions on his new layout that is not only unrealistic, but I also feel like a lot of people will skewer me for mentioning.

If they include 4A... :smiley-sick030:

4Lz//3A 4T3T I think might be it. It would land him somewhere in the middle of the BV pack. If he goes clean and gets the GOEs, he should be top 3 after SP without a significant gap between 1st-3rd. Then it'll come down to the FP.

For the FP, I think he is capable of going clean. While Nathan might be going for 7 quads, from this season I'm tempted to say no man has yet to go squeaky clean with a 5 quad FP. Plus, Yuzuru himself can backload 3 of his quads in the LP, which would narrow the gap with a 5 quad program (most of Nathan's quads are also in the first half). And then if Yuzu skates, it'll come down to PCS, which he's perfectly capable of winning on...

By the way, the only option I didn't consider above with the SP layouts was to have the 3A in the first half too (so 4Lo 3A // 4T3T or 4Lz 3A // 4T3T), which would give a BV of 50.16 and 51.76 respectively.

The first option is not really that much of an upgrade, compared to both combo and 3A in second half or just adding the 4Lz. 

Chopin 3.0 really was a curveball...

Pretty sure he's seriously considering adding that 4Lz, now. If choreo and stuff remain mostly the same, less time spent on that and more attention given to stabilizing new jumps.