Chilaquiles

Mole❤

Chile's rellenos

Cochinita pibil 

Pozole

Enchiladas

Birria

Arroz con leche

Up north we eat mostly flour tortillas, rather than corn ones. They're delicious when they're freshly made and a bit of butter inside ❤ is easy to make them at home too :) you don't need special ingredients and eating scrambled eggs using the tortillas as spoon is a whole new world :)

Arroz con leche is rice with milk, a dessert, right? We make something like this too, with sugar and vanilla and sprinkled cinnamon on top. Delicious!

40 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I think I'm gonna miss Traditional Christmas desserts and foods this year because I'll be in China all winter vacations long... but I hope I'll discover some Traditional Chinese foods here and there, although maybe there won't be much celebration during that period of time! 

Which part of china are you visiting?

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

Which part of china are you visiting?

We're going a bit everywhere - I'll be on a tour with an orchestra, so my guess is we'll stay 4 days to a week in a location and then move somewhere else! Which is really exciting but since I don't have the info yet about where we're going and when, I don't know which regions we'll visit and which we won't visit xD (I bet there's gonna be so much we won't be able to see, lol, China is huge...) 

9 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

We're going a bit everywhere - I'll be on a tour with an orchestra, so my guess is we'll stay 4 days to a week in a location and then move somewhere else! Which is really exciting but since I don't have the info yet about where we're going and when, I don't know which regions we'll visit and which we won't visit xD (I bet there's gonna be so much we won't be able to see, lol, China is huge...) 

That sounds fun. Which orchestra if you don't mind me asking? Hopefully you guys will get a chance to really try out the local food-ie Beijing Duck is amazing if you get a chance to eat it at the flagship store in Beijing.

41 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

One other thing I love about South American food - not traditionally Mexican though, I think it's more Argentinian - is dulce de leche. I go crazy for it ohmagod. It costs so much here in Italy, I almost never eat it! But one time, I did a Dulce de Leche Tiramisù... it was one of the best decisions of my life. :volcano: 

12308507_403491416527425_651213061408259

(Yup, to cover it I just put like half a can of dulce de leche and just decorated it in a pretty way) 

We have cajeta tho :biggrin: made with goat's milk (no Yuzu, not GOAT but goat 🐐!!) We eat lollipops made with it and thin wafers filled with cajeta. We even have it in a presentation like cheese slices but they're cjeta slices haha

Also, Mexico is in North America :slinkaway:

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

I think I'm gonna miss Traditional Christmas desserts and foods this year because I'll be in China all winter vacations long... but I hope I'll discover some Traditional Chinese foods here and there, although maybe there won't be much celebration during that period of time! 

Always try a dim sum place, you honestly can't go wrong there

Also depending on how adventurous you are there's all sorts of food, from 小笼包 to *ahem* phoenix claws

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

That sounds fun. Which orchestra if you don't mind me asking? Hopefully you guys will get a chance to really try out the local food-ie Beijing Duck is amazing if you get a chance to eat it at the flagship store in Beijing.

The Orchestra's name (the one used by the CPR, at least that's what they specified to me) is "Italy Naples Royal Philarmonic Orchestra", but I don't expect you to find much if you google it... (If you want, I'll keep you updated on which regions of China we'll visit though <3)

We'll definitely go to Beijing and since I'm no longer vegetarian I will have a taste of duck - I don't think I've ever eaten it... is the flagship store a specific store or what?

10 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

We have cajeta tho :biggrin: made with goat's milk (no Yuzu, not GOAT but goat 🐐!!) We eat lollipops made with it and thin wafers filled with cajeta. We even have it in a presentation like cheese slices but they're cjeta slices haha

Also, Mexico is in North America :slinkaway:

Wow, I've drank Goat milk and it's definitely a strong flavor... wouldn't imagine what goat milk lollipop tastes like!

And sorry, I wasn't thinking geography when I said that xDDD I swear I knew it

8 minutes ago, Anony said:

Always try a dim sum place, you honestly can't go wrong there

Also depending on how adventurous you are there's all sorts of food, from 小笼包 to *ahem* phoenix claws

I'm... definitely adventurous but putting limits to 'alive food' and 'insects' xD Everything else is legit! 

19 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

One other thing I love about South American food - not traditionally Mexican though, I think it's more Argentinian - is dulce de leche. I go crazy for it ohmagod. It costs so much here in Italy, I almost never eat it! But one time, I did a Dulce de Leche Tiramisù... it was one of the best decisions of my life. :volcano: 

12308507_403491416527425_651213061408259

(Yup, to cover it I just put like half a can of dulce de leche and just decorated it in a pretty way) 

Oh my...

(Apparently you can kind of make it by boiling a can of condensed milk for a really really long time and then - very very important - letting it cool before opening it, or you will get very bad burns. I tried that once and it was better than not having dulce de leche of any kind at all?)