• 2 weeks later...

I wish I was one of those people who found useful things stress-busting. Like running or cleaning. Instead I bake things that are yummy but definitely not good for us, and I drink wine and beer.

*sigh*

Thought prompted by long overdue cleaning of kitchen cupboards that resulted in three giant bags of long expired things to throw away.

On 02/12/2017 at 2:09 PM, WinForPooh said:

*sigh*

On 02/12/2017 at 2:09 PM, WinForPooh said:

I wish I was one of those people who found useful things stress-busting. Like running or cleaning. Instead I bake things that are yummy but definitely not good for us, and I drink wine and beer.

*sigh*

Thought prompted by long overdue cleaning of kitchen cupboards that resulted in three giant bags of long expired things to throw away.

Wine is not always a bad thing:tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:

And taking a walk is really good too, especially in a park or forest.

12 hours ago, Deliverpooh said:

Wine is not always a bad thing:tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:

And taking a walk is really good too, especially in a park or forest.

:( The only park close by has more people than shopping malls because, well, it's the only park close by. Walking in the city is so not fun.

I'll get all my walking in during the holidays when I'm away from the city. :biggrin: And eat a lot of cake.

Holiday baking. Japanese Nationals stressbusting.

I hate walking in the city - I've been doing a lot of it lately since my car died and  walking anywhere that's less than a 45 minute walk is easier than public transport.  Fumes from traffic, dog mess on pavements, big puddles from drains clogged with leaves - hate it.  Just need a few free weekends to pursue a second hand car that ticks enough boxes to persuade me to disgorge the money.

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I hate walking in the city - I've been doing a lot of it lately since my car died and  walking anywhere that's less than a 45 minute walk is easier than public transport.  Fumes from traffic, dog mess on pavements, big puddles from drains clogged with leaves - hate it.  Just need a few free weekends to pursue a second hand car that ticks enough boxes to persuade me to disgorge the money.

I tried a bike. Nobody has any consideration for bicycles or the poor chumps on them. I decided the exercise wasn't enough to compensate for the toll it took on my heart so I packed it in. I mean I was just wheeling it along the side of the road in the end because it was the only safe thing to do.

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

You're braver than I am - just watching cyclists here terrifies me.  No way I'd go out in all that traffic!

I stuck to inner roads and I still regretted it pretty quickly. I was prompted by memories of cycling along as a teen, but then I didn't grow up in the city, that was a big reason why I liked the whole experience.

• 1 month later...

About cooking.

*While video call with my sister*

Sis: Wait, wait, what is it, behind you? Is it a flower pot? Did you finally planted something? I can't believe it! Hurry and tell me, what flower is it?

Me: No, it isn't a flower, I've planted some rosemaries. You know, it's expensive to by a fresh rosemary, but it's so good for roasting chicken!

Sis: You know, your cooking addiction is really crazy.

Me: It's not an addiction, it's a hobby and a stress buster. BTW, I've finally managed to make a proper cheesecake yesterday... Well, ok, it's an addiction. But not the worst, isn't it?

Sis: *sigh*

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Hokkaido bread is great! And the recipe is simple (yes, I'm already nervous because of the Olympics and this is my stress cooking again). 

11979f1fcfe44cf050201df51a23b45b-full.jp 

Cannot see the image :smiley-confused001: (is it an image of the bread you baked?)

But the images I found on Google look so delicious :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:and making a dough must be relaxing and fun.