General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

What is Noriaki Kasai saying abt Yuzu?? :smiley-love017:

Kasai is saying that it was in the spring of 2014 when he was in attendance at the Emperor's garden reception. He was standing next to Yuzuru. He was feeling quite stiff and nervous waiting for the Emperor when Yuzuru started chatting to him continuously – asking questions about ski jumping, whether jumping scared him, his mental attitude, etc. Kasai was thinking to himself "Why is he talking to me so much when I'm nervous?" He then looked at Yuzuru and saw his cute face smiling at him and immediately forgave him.

1 minute ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

Maybe he won't cut himself now since his axel technique is better now than before. But like what I said, maybe. We'll never know for sure. 

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

I don't want Nessie anymore, I don't want him falling and cutting himself like that. :(

Oh, it's about that learning 3A video? You scared me >_<. I imagined someone had tried nessie and became scarred for life or something >_< (That's what happens when I check the forum first thing after waking up >_<)

As a reassurance, in the Asaichi show, he said there were many open wounds when he was younger, but far less so now, I think he said it's because he's learned to fall better. Also, those kind of cuts heal. There are other things that can go wrong, even on smaller jumps, let alone trying Nessie. But although we've seen him fall as he learned other jumps, he didn't get quite that bad. It's been some 10 years after all. (I also tend to think cuts like that are nothing compared to the regular pains he probably experiences simply due to intense training...) So, while I understand not wanting to see him with those kinds of cuts, I don't think that's the strongest argument against Nessie. There are much stronger ones of things that can go wrong (I'm so great at encouraging, am I not? :xD:)

That said, I choose to trust he wouldn't do anything completely reckless. He's got a lot more data now to have an idea of how to jump and how to try jumping without hurting himself too much (because from what I've read every fall from any quad - and not only - already must hurt like hell). Also, since he's supposedly jumped - and possibly landed - it already, it might be a bit late...

my memory seems fuzzy but do you guys remember at aci, bc of his sore knee, if it was, he took a rest n  had only 1 week of training, OR he hadnt train at all in a week? it was the later right? aci practice was the first time he practice after taking a rest? im asking this because if my memory is right then i can see why nobu said he can gain back his quads (toe n salchow) in 2 days :laughing: (as in 2 practices, before his sp started lol)

hace 6 minutos , swanbeau said:

my memory seems fuzzy but do you guys remember at aci, bc of his sore knee, if it was, he took a rest n  had only 1 week of training, OR he hadnt train at all in a week? it was the later right? aci practice was the first time he practice after taking a rest? im asking this because if my memory is right then i can see why nobu said he can gain back his quads (toe n salchow) in 2 days :laughing: (as in 2 practices, before his sp started lol)

i am not entirely sure but it was 1 week without training before ACI.