General Yuzuru Chat

I CAN'T ANYMORE!

Guys, these have been the longest two weeks of my life... for a series of reasons... I feel like (Sirius waiting in Azkaban for 12 years) I am going crazy, I need Yuzuru and I'm going to have to do an exam tomorrow being the dry cactus I am... BUT! I'm going to try following Yuzuru's example... and rise from the ashes... LIKE A PHOENIIIIIIX 

Yup, should have been in the Random thread

59 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Ah, sorry about that!

And while I know everything you said makes perfect sense, none of it makes me feel better about him falling on a quad. Even Nessie. :slinkaway:

It's ok, it was just startling to see first thing ^_^;;;

And I don't think anyone feels better about him falling even on a single, let alone quads. My point was more that while Nessie falls are likely to be worse, any fall on any jump can be bad. It doesn't have to be Nessie. But I guess we signed up for a lot of nerves and cringing, because no one can do jumps with falls. At least Yuzu's not afraid of falling - if his advice to the kids he coached in Yokohama are anything to go by lol.

44 minutes ago, swanbeau said:

my memory seems fuzzy but do you guys remember at aci, bc of his sore knee, if it was, he took a rest n  had only 1 week of training, OR he hadnt train at all in a week? it was the later right? aci practice was the first time he practice after taking a rest? im asking this because if my memory is right then i can see why nobu said he can gain back his quads (toe n salchow) in 2 days :laughing: (as in 2 practices, before his sp started lol)

I remember it as one week off ice before ACI. Though I don't remember if anyone said that one week was right up until ACI. (I also vaguely remember something about 10 days in the NNN documentary, like he started feeling weakness in his knee 10 days before ACI. Which, if my memory is correct, leaves 3 days unaccounted for lol Either before the week off, or after.) Either way, it is a good sign, even though it's not really comparable to his current situation. After a week off, he definitely had his rhythm upset, but I doubt it was bad enough to need to get his jumps back. (He spent about a week off ice in August, too, when he went home for the Yokohama event, 24H TV and all those CMs we see that keep popping up, though that was during the off season and not before a competition.)

6 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

(He spent about a week off ice in August, too, when he went home for the Yokohama event, 24H TV and all those CMs we see that keep popping up, though that was during the off season and not before a competition.)

Wouldn't call that a week off-ice tbh >.<' even if definitely a week off-training, but at least he had to maintain the feel of the ice to jump two 4T and a 3A in this Ex? Just me nitpicking here, sorry.

13 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I CAN'T ANYMORE!

Guys, these have been the longest two weeks of my life... for a series of reasons... I feel like (Sirius waiting in Azkaban for 12 years) I am going crazy, I need Yuzuru and I'm going to have to do an exam tomorrow being the dry cactus I am... BUT! I'm going to try following Yuzuru's example... and rise from the ashes... LIKE A PHOENIIIIIIX 

Yup, should have been in the Random thread

:consoling2:Yep, we really need a thread for all the students of Planet to commiserate together about THE WORST POSSIBLE DATES OF EXAMINATION PERIOD FOR FS FANS. I'm an indoor type of person and I have to make a fieldwork which consist of going for folk and popular music concerts...in the evening before philosophy exam (as in, day after tomorrow for me...). Sb shoot me, pls, and revive in time for Team Event.

14 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Wouldn't call that a week off-ice tbh >.<' even if definitely a week off-training, but at least he had to maintain the feel of the ice to jump two 4T and a 3A in this Ex? Just me nitpicking here, sorry.

You're right, for some reason in my head, that didn't count ^_^;... Plus, who knows, maybe he did some practicing in Sendai, too...

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

Heh-When Brian had more hair, and when the stuffed toys and gifts were few enough that they could carry them away in bags. 

Brian's hair: Aaaah yeah...Good ol' times...

Pooh minions: When we were but a fellowship of the Pooh...

Together: And Yuzuru was FS crazy anyway

5 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

You're right, for some reason in my head, that didn't count ^_^;... Plus, who knows, maybe he did some practicing in Sendai, too...

In the middle of the night to avoid crowds/adjust to the timezone...Knowing him it did happen...

12 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

In the middle of the night to avoid crowds/adjust to the timezone...Knowing him it did happen...

I think that's the only way he's been practicing in Sendai, at least since Sochi, if not before... or any other time when the rink is closed to the public. But he's been training at night even before moving to Canada, I think. I have no idea how he can/could do that, though lol

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:
2 hours ago, Aotoshiro said:

I think that's the only way he's been practicing in Sendai, at least since Sochi, if not before... or any other time when the rink is closed to the public. But he's been training at night even before moving to Canada, I think. I have no idea how he can/could do that, though lol

This brings up an issue that has been nagging me for some time - When will TCC uproot itself and move across the Pacific?  They have to be thinking about the very substantial jet lag involved.  I would think Brian wants to have those issues well behind before Yuzu and Javi hit the ice to start earning points.  My feelings there would have them temporarily relocating in Japan, which is in the same time zone as Korea.  Yuzu is the one skater who has real security challenges and I think the authorities in Japan will be more amenable to working with Yuzu's people on security issues than those in PC.  As to which rink in Japan to work on I think almost any rink in Japan would want the exposure that Yuzu's presence would create.  I wouldn't recommend Sendai, though, as I think having Yuzu training there would be a bit too mentally complicated as it would be so close to 'home'.  As to when to finish the journey and head on to PC, I think they might do that once the Olympic Village opens up for the athletes.  At least there Yuzu would have the added security that encompasses the village as a whole.  However, they might choose to remain in Japan until it's almost time for the competition itself, as in Japan Yuzu might have more ice time available.  All this, of course, is contingent on Brian having them settle down in Japan before heading on to PC.

As for those overseeing the figure skating, I would hope they have a whole regiment of flower girls and boys on hand because the Poohvalanche there will be one for the record books.  After all, there's been accumulating some four competitions worth of Poohs (NHK, GPF, Japanese nationals and 4CC) in need of a Yuzu home.  They might actually have to put a blade on a Zamboni to clear the ice.  I'm just wondering if there will be enough space behind the board to put all of them until they can be relocated outside the arena.

17 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I'm sad that we don't have a Yuzu smiling proudly like the rest of team Japan :sadPooh:

I watched the whole thing. I think they tried to make up for it by having only Yuzu skating clips to represent figure skating, unless I missed something. At the same time I'm glad they're not forcing Yuzu to participate in promos, it is kind of sad.

Eta: wait I see Mao too.

Maybe because they used clips from Sochi which not sure why they did unless to keep to Olys theme, but well for figure skating not many of the people going PC are the same so idgi.

But nice to see Yuzu's fist bump.

9 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

my "Yuzuru Hanyu Reacting to His First 11 World Records" video has surpassed 200k views and it's caught the attention of many non-fans. today I saw this comment on the video that made me emotional. :sadPooh:

tumblr_p3br05Alnk1su44xko1_400.png

this video is the best thing that has ever been uploaded to Youtube :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

*off to Youtube to watch it again*