General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

This brings up an issue that has been nagging me for some time - When will TCC uproot itself and move across the Pacific?  They have to be thinking about the very substantial jet lag involved.  I would think Brian wants to have those issues well behind before Yuzu and Javi hit the ice to start earning points.  My feelings there would have them temporarily relocating in Japan, which is in the same time zone as Korea.  Yuzu is the one skater who has real security challenges and I think the authorities in Japan will be more amenable to working with Yuzu's people on security issues than those in PC.  As to which rink in Japan to work on I think almost any rink in Japan would want the exposure that Yuzu's presence would create.  I wouldn't recommend Sendai, though, as I think having Yuzu training there would be a bit too mentally complicated as it would be so close to 'home'.  As to when to finish the journey and head on to PC, I think they might do that once the Olympic Village opens up for the athletes.  At least there Yuzu would have the added security that encompasses the village as a whole.  However, they might choose to remain in Japan until it's almost time for the competition itself, as in Japan Yuzu might have more ice time available.  All this, of course, is contingent on Brian having them settle down in Japan before heading on to PC.

As for those overseeing the figure skating, I would hope they have a whole regiment of flower girls and boys on hand because the Poohvalanche there will be one for the record books.  After all, there's been accumulating some four competitions worth of Poohs (NHK, GPF, Japanese nationals and 4CC) in need of a Yuzu home.  They might actually have to put a blade on a Zamboni to clear the ice.  I'm just wondering if there will be enough space behind the board to put all of them until they can be relocated outside the arena.

I don't think they have any plans to relocate to Japan. I also think that Japan would actually be a bad place, because there's a lot of inherent pressure, even if the media somehow resists the temptation to pounce (really, it'd be like hanging a juicy steak in front of a starving dog and expect it to stay away). I think they will probably head to PC directly, with a few days to accommodate jetlag. Even in Sochi, the TCC attitude was "just another competition". Going many days in advance to acclimatize and cure jetlag is not just another competition. Also, it's not like they're not used to traveling. Yuzu particularly is used to Canada-Japan trips and to some extent, so is Javi. They probably know how to deal with jetlag, and although it can be problematic at times - Yuzu's fever at NHK - I doubt it's that big a problem. When they (or rather Yuzu) will go to PC I think depends solely on whether he's doing the Team Event or not. They will probably go there a few days in advance -  a few more than usual, because better safe than sorry - but not too much so. I doubt they have unlimited ice access and going too far ahead will just get them antsy and give them too much time to think and get nervous.

For example, in 2014, he arrived in Sochi on the 4th (or maybe 3rd in the evening, depending on time differences) and Team Men's SP was on the 6th, according to a schedule I found. Men's SP was a week later. I expect after NHK, they might take a few extra days, to be safe, but I'd be surprised if he left Toronto this week.

hace 1 minuto , Smultron said:

this video is the best thing that has ever been uploaded to Youtube :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

*off to Youtube to watch it again* 

thank you :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

The funny thing is, I never expected the video to get so popular. I only made it because I wanted to have a compilation of all of his K&C reactions to his WRs to watch over and over again by myself since they make me so happy. It wasn't my intention to upload it but I did it so I could watch it anytime anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

It was very difficult to us to come up with something :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I can only imagine...I have absolutely no creative talent, and it must have been hard even with the talent!

This is a beautiful success to your efforts..like an impeccable Yuzu— 3 A:smile::10742289:.

Itˋs perfect!!

Gives the energy and the nerve— wrecking thrill of these coming weeks...omg.

The Olympics are upon us. 

( I donˋt know how any athlete copes with the nerves!!)

I just hope all goes well.

:smile: