Dreams on Ice 2021 (09-11.07)

And then right after replay, TBS gave us Wonderful World with a calming lake view to calm us down followed by desert view. 

Back to cactus world.

22 minutes ago, 野生の花 Yasei no hana said:

I think it's the first time since he screamed like that since Nice...:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

Was thinking its a pity we couldn’t hear the scream at worlds ‘13 😂

27 minutes ago, lynnidolz said:

Omg.Im speechless.I think this is the best masquarade version ever.Love that every performances of masquarade is different...and the screaming..its like he is totally letting go of everything that  been kept inside.Of course the jump was magnificient.Everyone was gushing about the 3A but for me the 3F or 3 Lz?im not good with recognising edges..is equally amazing..like he can go for a quad for that jump

3F. The easiest way to tell the difference between F and Lz isn't actually watching the edges, esp because a lot of skaters have edge problems (obviously not usually an issue in Yuzu's case, but it's also a bit blink-and-you'll-miss it). You want to watch the entry instead. Skaters enter into flips on turns, whereas the entry into a lutz is straight backward

It was indeed a glorious 3F

Screaming at the one foot exit out of hydroblade

(And we get the desert again now sigh thank you for the reminder:shame:)

These were fun and very intense 3days (who even remembers that we were all excited for chance of new SP? Zu may be a trollish trollZuzu be really, he never disappoints)!

Thank you everyone and all the translators, clips&pics&gifs uploaded, and looking forward to the whole vids:thanks::smiley-happy093:

Dreams on Ice feels like it ended just as it was getting started  :cry:. Wishing Yuzu and the rest of the skaters to keep healthy and train well for the season ahead.

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

I think Yuma would look more natural and good without the jacket and tie for this program

He is supposedly portraying Mr. Buble so... 

27 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

:consoling2:

Watching replays and I really love M/K lift from kneeling position, so good!

Also

And

Oh no wonder I love Mai and Rika's programmes!! Their skating styles both really suit David's choreography (or the other way around!), just so lovely, goosepimples watching both of these programmes!

53 minutes ago, yude said:

Thank you, Yuzuru, for showing us fantastic performances again. Masquerade is MASTERPIECE. Every time I watch him in this program, I feel he is at the different level in all aspects from other skaters (sorry for saying this, but my honest thoughts). I really hope he will perform this EX on the world stage, not only in Japan. 

You know I have been thinking about this and wondering if he might use it as his ex this season:

1. It would bring 2 Olympic cycles full circle - his FS after Sochi was POTO, so rounding his 3rd Olympic season off with POTO=inspired Masquerade feels organic! Yuzu likes this sort of thing!

2. Unmasking himself at the end of this season (if it proves to be his last competitive season) seems poignant to me - taking his mask off and throwing it to the ground, or in the air, such a dramatic and symbolic gesture - he has been an excellent ambassador for the sport, but maybe once he finishes his competitive career he could feel a new freedom where he can be bolder in his expression of views about the way forward for the sport.

Honestly, just speculation on my part, or course I never want him to end his competitive career, but this is what was in my mind when I was wondering at his choice of Masquerade - there always seems to be a deeper meaning involved where Yuzuru is concerned!