Dreams on Ice 2021 (09-11.07)

52 minutes ago, Pammi said:

You know I have been thinking about this and wondering if he might use it as his ex this season:

1. It would bring 2 Olympic cycles full circle - his FS after Sochi was POTO, so rounding his 3rd Olympic season off with POTO=inspired Masquerade feels organic! Yuzu likes this sort of thing!

2. Unmasking himself at the end of this season (if it proves to be his last competitive season) seems poignant to me - taking his mask off and throwing it to the ground, or in the air, such a dramatic and symbolic gesture - he has been an excellent ambassador for the sport, but maybe once he finishes his competitive career he could feel a new freedom where he can be bolder in his expression of views about the way forward for the sport.

Honestly, just speculation on my part, or course I never want him to end his competitive career, but this is what was in my mind when I was wondering at his choice of Masquerade - there always seems to be a deeper meaning involved where Yuzuru is concerned! 

The way he's been throwing around little bits of BTS choreo almost makes me think his new SP (or EX) is a BTS program. Remember how the troll did that Nijinsky pose at the end of FaOI that year, and it turned out it was a clue that he was going to do Origin? :think:

Dying/dead from the scream, thinking about the glove throw: The old way to me was simply saying good riddance, forget this damned mask! The new one feels desperate and uncertain, like he's giving himself up to fate... Maybe scared to lose the mask (perennial Olympic king?) because it has protected him in certain ways, but sacrifice is required to fight this terrible, strange beast (4A?) and he won't know success until the battle is over. 

Of course it could also mean he just wanted to change things up for the last night! Still thunderstruck by it all, by HIM. 

King of facial expressions.

Show me any other skaters who can express that range of emotions in that brief moment, I dare you. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
2 hours ago, Kizuna said:

Is screaming during competitive performances allowed? :laughing: Yuzu please scream at the judges! :furious:

Well, he did that in Nice. Scott did that in comps before so yes LOL

Day 3 performance is uploaded on YouTube:

Yuzu can be so proud of his performances here at DOI. It's incredible to think that he skated Masquerade four times in three days and got better from show to show, with one of the best performances of his career today. Thank you so much for this :worship:

I'm still in shock. I never really liked Masquerade, but THIS performance today ... it was truely something else. 

I wonder if the change of the ending was planned or happened spontanously after his scream, but either way, it seems so meaningful to me, that he choose to look up at the end. His many silent conversations with Heaven/God last season have touched me deeply. And he not only had a Heaven-themed FS, he also ended most of his programs looking up to heaven (he even slightly changed his LGC ending pose for doing so), and it just feels so right that he did it again here at his last performance before he will resume his 4A training. He will carry today's energy with him, this is the energy and passion and maybe also the spirituality that he will need to achieve the biggest of all dreams.

8 hours ago, IceWings said:

I need to play this on a loop!  Can't wait to see Toshl's reaction.

Ahhhhh .... Toshl posted this today :loveshower:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRL9aXtA4co/

Credit: @ShuPa93156524 on twitter

Toshl's Blog 

That makes me very emotional: softYuzu:

Edit:

Translation  

Credit: @orangesrgd on twitter

[NEWS]

I finally came around to watch Yuzu's Masquerade from today. Once again, I'm absolutely blown away! :loveshower:

Masquerade was love at first sight for me. It's actually one of my favorite Yuzu programs of all time. So I was supper happy that he decided to skate it again.

Today's performance was absolutely sublime! Again Yuzu reached another level of technical and performance perfection. Every time I watch him deliver a perfect performance and think it cannot possibly get better, he surprises me and comes up with something that's simply even more divine. :love:

During his performance of Masquerade, he's so passionate and expressive. The new Masquerade is also more mature and deeper than ever before. He has the power to draw me fully into his performance and take me into a world of his creation. It's just mesmerizing.

I wish I'd have the words to adequately describe Yuzu's absolutely mastery of his craft in every way. In lieu of adequate words, please just imagine me screaming, flailing around and stammer incoherently as a way of reacting to Yuzu's skating. :smiley-happy093: :smileys-cheerleading-867900: :yahoo:

I was so busy this weekend, I couldn't watch Yuzu skate live... But I diligently watched all of them at midnight after everything was done! Yuzu continues to astonish me with each program, especially the last masquerade!! The moment he started skating, I had chills. A lot of skaters skate a good performances, but only Yuzu skates as The Performance.

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Day 3 performance is uploaded on YouTube:

Yuzu can be so proud of his performances here at DOI. It's incredible to think that he skated Masquerade four times in three days and got better from show to show, with one of the best performances of his career today. Thank you so much for this :worship:

What – was – that?! What did I just watch?!

Sorry, I’m kind of shocked, this was so so good. It had a totally different feel to it then the one the days before. Like a blend between the raw FoI version and the mature controlled version done during the first two days.
But what has me really shocked is how different it feels to me on the emotional side in comparison to the FoI version. With FoI Masquerade I feel anger, determination and longing from the „Phantom“. This "Phantom" seems a lot more desperate to me......

By the way: love the opening Outfit. He looks really good in the grey washed jeans and the flower print T-Shirt.

20 minutes ago, Anni said:

News clip

[NEWS]

Damn....so, what should we hope for. That he reaches his dream fast, wich probably means the r-word we don't want to think about,

or beeing egoistical and hoping that it will take a bit more time for him to reach Nessi........

Ok, easy choice for me (even if my heart is hurting a bit): I want him to reach his dream 4A as fast as possible, so he can be the first person to land it successfully during a competition and then do whatever he wants to do (developing a completely new scoring system or doing world domination or something like that).