General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, IceWings said:

Here are cool gifts from Yuzu_Legend and Yonkaiten Pixel!

Actually, jfanyus give out the COOLEST stuff at comps. They bring stuff from Japan that's not easy for us to get, like Yuzu Lotte Clear Files. My friends and I even received a box of Haskap berry candies! (Yuzu visited a Haskap berry farm on 24 hr TV).

That's really nice and considerate! I hope to go to Japan to watch some of the ice shows some time soon (all the Japanese skaters have such good skating skills!) to support all their skaters! 

2 hours ago, Anni said:

Welcome @WawaYu to the Planet  :wave: 

Yuzu cookies :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

The cookies look delicious! Clearly a lot of care and love have gone into making them. It makes me happy to think about the positive feelings that are going into making things for Yuzu and I always hope that these feelings will somehow (magically) reach Yuzu and support him whenever he's feeling rough.  

@Pammiand others thank you for suggesting various ways of how we act perhaps slowly but steadily push for change. This is all very constructive. I actually can't stop thinking about what to do and how to act about the unfair scoring issue, because this has clear consequences for Yuzuru (and this is my motivation).

This board is a wonderful place and we are so many that there will always be different attitudes. But there are so many talents and great minds among the fans, so much high quality evidence is produced, so much great work, also varieties of ways how the message is conveyed, and this may include stronger attitude (with respect). I may be too new to all of this, but have this notorious attitude that we can't ignore injustice and real harm that has been done and the hope that we can have some effective voice. I can offer help and try to contribute the best way that I can - supporting, disseminating knowledge, expertise and evidence, and eventually doing some research myself (If I can, I will, maybe, someday, one day xD). 

Hace 6 horas, meowmeownyan said:

that’s amazing! I want to go too. Fanyus are so generous 

Well, we sometimes prepare giveaways for our YuzuSkatingParty so stay tuned!! 😉

It was really nice, @Wyell had the gorgeous set of cards and I had 30 pieces of newspapers, Yuzu leaflets and different pins. @Lunna also sent beautiful keychains to distribute and people came to the meeting point and were happy, which made us also very happy :loveshower:

Hace 6 horas, Anni said:

The banners from Planet Hanyu were sighted (right)

Thank you for you support :heart:

Happy to have represented all satellites and have shown our love for Yuzu with the banner! 💖💖💖

Hace 3 horas, LAY said:

Thank you Fanyus who were at WC 2022, France! I saw my tiny country Brunei is on the banner

Each country on the banner correlates to the countries declared by satellites when registering at Planet Hanyu! Thus the banner carries our love, support and good wishes  from all over the world for Yuzu! :img_21:

18 minutes ago, cherry said:

Looking for help from the almighty general thread.

I need to know where these out-of-context funny screenshots are from! :dancinghotdog:

Thumbnail

.Thumbnail..

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

hmm..

the first one his him watching his 2014 Sochi freeskate, the second one is an interview after PC 2018

and the last one is from a documentary from the time around the 2016 World Championships? 
im not sure…

59 minutes ago, Sha said:

That's really nice and considerate! I hope to go to Japan to watch some of the ice shows some time soon...

The cookies look delicious! Clearly a lot of care and love have gone into making them....

I would love to see Yuzu in an ice show too. It's so nice to see him happy and having fun. I hope he will do shows outside of Japan someday. It's so hard to get tickets for shows in Japan since you need a Japanese phone number and the click battle is a bloodbath. I heard they were also checking ID to enter the venue due to scalpers so you can't even get someone to buy the ticket for you. I don't know how foreigners can attend the ice shows. :(

At 2019 ACI, a fanyu baked cookies of Yuzu dressed in different costumes and passed them out to fans. I got an Origin one. It was so pretty I didn't want to eat it. Fanyus are so talented and generous!

I hope everyone gets a chance to go to a comp, meet up with fanyus, and  throw a Pooh to Yuzu some day!

27 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Well, we sometimes prepare giveaways for our YuzuSkatingParty so stay tuned!! 😉

It was really nice, @Wyell had the gorgeous set of cards and I had 30 pieces of newspapers, Yuzu leaflets and different pins. @Lunna also sent beautiful keychains to distribute and people came to the meeting point and were happy, which made us also very happy :loveshower:

Happy to have represented all satellites and have shown our love for Yuzu with the banner! 💖💖💖

Each country on the banner correlates to the countries declared by satellites when registering at Planet Hanyu! Thus the banner carries our love, support and good wishes  from all over the world for Yuzu! :img_21:

This is so cool! Thank you so much for all the wonderful Fanyus who shared the love on behalf of us who couldn't make it 😍😍 I am very grateful.

31 minutes ago, cherry said:

I need to know where these out-of-context funny screenshots are from! :dancinghotdog:

Thumbnail

.Thumbnail..

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

I will give you video links under spoiler.

Spoiler

I do not have time to give you the exact times, but I hope this helps.

First one is from here

Second is some interview after 2018 Olympics. I recognize the setting, but I do not have time right now to dig further.

Third is from Asaichi morning television. You can find it here in parts, I have no idea in which part screen shot is from, but it is a good program to watch from start to finish.

Fourth is from here, part 5 where he is answering the questions from the box

And the last one is from here from 20 minutes onward

8 hours ago, IceWings said:

Here are cool gifts from Yuzu_Legend and Yonkaiten Pixel!

Actually, jfanyus give out the COOLEST stuff at comps. They bring stuff from Japan that's not easy for us to get, like Yuzu Lotte Clear Files. My friends and I even received a box of Haskap berry candies! (Yuzu visited a Haskap berry farm on 24 hr TV).

Love this! I always wanted to see Yuzu live to enjoy his beautiful skating and also to be able to meet many fanyus :heart: hope I can have the chance one day :grin:

I usually hate crossovers, but these two are really a blessing for my eyes:

What I love especially about them is how Yuzu doesn't need his arms and hands to keep his balance during the stroke, but can use them freely with a choreographic value.

In the first crossover slomo he puts one hand gently on his chest, in the second one it looks like he wants to grab something. The little leg kick is also nicely timed with the music in the original performance.

I do believe that Yuzu's skating skills have reached a level now that he could cross the long side of the rink on one foot with multiple turns. His strokes are so efficient and cover so much distance, it's a joy to watch.

1 hour ago, cherry said:

Thumbnail

.Thumbnail..

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Thumbnail

Someone else has already linked to the other videos, so here's the 2nd one

Top right hand corner says 'PyeongChang 2018' and he is wearing his medal so it's definitely in 2018 post-pyeongchang. The background and text is similar to the video of him saying 'please eat me kaneki-kun', so it's the same video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jRTKNID45A (go to 0.30)

18 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

What I love especially about them is how Yuzu doesn't need his arms and hands to keep his balance during the stroke, but can use them freely with a choreographic value.

In the first crossover slomo he puts one hand gently on his chest, in the second one it looks like he wants to grab something. The little leg kick is also nicely timed with the music in the original performance.

I do believe that Yuzu's skating skills have reached a level now that he could cross the long side of the rink on one foot with multiple turns. His strokes are so efficient and cover so much distance, it's a joy to watch.

Thank you! He is amazing, his skills indeed reached a point, at which many of these wonderful details are not achievable for others (but should be adequately valued and scored). 

Got a new plan now to watch the whole RonCap in slo mo to appreciate it even more.

4 hours ago, meow_loi said:

Hi!! I want to ask some questions since I'm very new to figure skating and just became a fanyu after Beijing.

I saw a lot of fanyus talks about how JSF treats their skaters, including yuzu.

I'm curious about how jsf treats other skaters greatly can highly impact, for example, like yuzu's score in the competition itself. I mean, like, how do they affect the scores. Do they talk the judges or something? I know this is a very dumb question, but yeah just very curious

hey! You might want to bring some of these questions to the rant thread, since this is a subject that can turn very negative very fast, especially because it requires mentioning overscoring of other athletes. 

I’m not sure if you’re familiar on how ISU judges are trained or selected, but for the sake of neutrality there’s this interview from 2019 that can give you a quick glimpse in how interconnected the system (feds -> sports management -> international stage) is: 

For a more critical commentary on the state of things, you can always check Martina’s blog:

If you dm me or post something on the rant thread I’m sure more people can offer more resources! 

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

when even corssovers are gif-worthy:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

my struggle with Rondo is: how can I gif it? How do I choose what to gif, where to cut, what to leave out? It feels cruel to cut and separate one part from the other I have this struggle with several Yuzu programs, I'd love to gif the details to highligh them, but at the same time the details shine the most when played together with the "whole" thing. And in Rondo that's even more true.:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

4 hours ago, Sun_Rise said:

Got a new plan now to watch the whole RonCap in slo mo to appreciate it even more.

also try watching it with sound off, so you can focus solely on the choreo without being "influenced" by the music :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

I did that afterthe the music had already buned itself in my memory, so I watched while singing silly chaotic tunes to myself to make myself "forget" the music LOL

I was literallt like this :animated-smileys-cheeky-136: which was actually required more effort to focus than just watching a muted program, and yet it was still so GOOD gosh really Yuzu, Jeff and Shae-Lynn really outdid themselves.

15 hours ago, lajoitko said:

This happened ten years ago. I remember how the practice rink had big windows with lots of natural light. Some practice videos have a magical kind of feeling with light and shadows on the ice. It was a special competition for me. I was already on the journey to become his fan, but R&J sealed the deal for me. After that there was no turning back. Now I want to go back to that moment and relive everything. Maybe I should watch the whole competition again.

I wish I had been more than a casual fan back then, I would have tuned in for WC and I'm 100% positive I owuld have felt in love with Yuzuru's skating bacj then already:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

RJ1's passion and fire was what definitely sealed the deal for me, after PW had had blown me away and made me curious to watch more <3

I love the rinks with natural light. The usual ones give me a bit of claustrophobic feeling tbh, no matter how big the arena, and also "look" cold, but those with natural light pouring in? They look so comfy and warm and gorgeous. If i could chose where to skate myself, such rinks would be where I'd love to go. The practice rink in Nice, the rink in Oberstdorf where Nebelhorn is held and that witnessed the interantional debut of Etude, RJ1 and the first backcounter3A:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: And then of course TCC rink is so beautiful too.

Fun fact: whenever I watch Etude, after 3A and camel spin I go "ahh and here comes the gorgeous stsq", and then I remember than NOPE, the stsq starts only after the combo:embSwan: Really kudos to Nanami and russian coaches/choreographers who collaborated on the choreo, the program is beautifully choesive

As practice rinks, I also loved how suggestive the one in Helsinki looked, a journalists nicknamed it "the Cave". Not to be confused with Yuzuru's cave LMAO tho I bet he loved it, must have had peculiar acustics. Here the article about that rink https://www.insideskating.net/2017/05/10/features/thecave-my-ode-to-practice-rinks and below H&L runthrough in The Cave:YuzuPoohLove:  beautiful opening 4Lo and the combo of doom in its "beauty" version, but then he popped the 4T and kinda YOLOed the rest :laughing:

ETA: I'm losing it at this part of the article I linked... Salchow, it's always the Salchow  :dontdothistome:

Jqv9VrR.jpeg

to end, daily reminder to cast your vote in this poll.

Even if it's a poll of Yuzuru's chaotic moments, some of the vote gaps still make me sad :smiley-sad021:  :1:

and here's why you should vote "falling off the yoga ball" :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

giphy.gif