General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

When I was an articled clerk (in the Dark Ages) my principal said there were two sorts of lawyers - the ones who hid the difficult or awkward stuff at the back of the filing cabinet or under the blotter and tried to tell themselves that it would work out ok if they dealt with it next week, and the ones who grasped the nettle and answered that awkward letter first, took that stinker of a file and did whatever needed to be done to sort it out.  I think a lot of skaters are encouraged now to put their dodgy techniques out there in the hope that they’ll get away with it instead of doing their best to better that technique.

On the first day of my articles, my principal said, "Throughout your legal career, you will have many clients and cases, but you have only one reputation. Never sacrifice your reputation for the sake of a client or case." In other words, don't cheat in order to win a case or gain an advantage. Always be true to yourself and to a high standard of values. If you do that, then other lawyers and judges will always respect and trust you.

As @Sombreuil has stated, it seems that a lot of skaters and their coaches take the attitude that winning is everything and that the end justifies the means, even if that involves taking shortcuts or cheating on their techniques.

2 hours ago, hamaguri said:

I was thinking of Niece. At that time, he was 17 years old.

And now he is 27 years old. Only 10 years from this miracle at Niece..

10 years! Half a decade.

Everything he's been through since then, two Olympic gold medals, as well as many injuries, illnesses, tough competitions... I'm a bit emotional considering 10 years.

All the experiences make him who he is today.

I believe he can achieve anything he wants in Beijing.

:sorry:  but I think that you want to speak about the 1st world of Yuzu in 2012? it was in NICE and with Nanami who sheds a tear at the end of her superb FS (and not Niece) and if it's not that it's me who would be confused and certainly 17 years old and at the end of the year 18 years old and like at the 27 YEARS OLD OJ and at the worlds which will be, again, in France and chance does things well and 10 years already (and everything you wrote), eh YES he is still present Yuzu and even stronger :wink_star:  

8 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

Translation of the part about Yuzu:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Back then I was thinking if there was a need for WTT in a pandemic world but guess it has some advantages. It's always easier to approach someone to talk face to face then through video. 

27 minutes ago, CiONTUw4A said:

How can anyone not cheer for him wholeheartedly? :softYuzu: I've never seen him put in only half of his efforts; he always gives his best no matter what. He's always so honest about his feelings, his fears, yet he doesn't shy away from declaring his goals, even with the possibility of failure.

"Giving up is scary" -- this is the mindset that has made him a champion and is a wake up call that I absolutely needed right now. I myself find it so much easier to give up, because you can't fail if you never try, right? And then he kicks my cowardly logic with "not all efforts are rewarded, but if you don't put in the effort, then there is nothing to be rewarded." Okay, Yuzu...Fine. I'll also give it my best :0007:. Never have I been inspired or motivated by any athlete/celebrity/personality, but somehow, Yuzu can do it just by being himself.

Go crazy with your crazy dreams, Yuzu! We'll be there every step of the way. Thank you for inspiring so many of us.

Guest Mary_kyo

Isn’t it a bit iffy that western media usually focuses on “diehard” fans rather than bolding his achievements whenever they write about him? I find the tone of the article not positive tbh. There is no need to mention the age of the dominant group of fans, it is totally unnecessary (somehow agism) and also very difficult to estimate too. The article is kinda painting fanyus as crazy/obsessed/intimating people while the reality is that many of us take inspirations from him, his struggles and his performances.

There are bad apples in every group of people. Do the western media mention Nathan’s fans who are proud to be racist and homophobe? Or another question, do they ever mention that ‘specific’ interview of Nathan when they are writing about him these days? considering that one interview made more noise than any of his actual performances.