General Yuzuru Chat

33 minutes ago, Sunshine25 said:

Actually Dmitri Aliev is trying to do the 4A.

He is? Or do you mean Artur Dmitriev? Aliev is currently struggling with long Covid, not sure he would be trying 4A. Dmitriev has been trying since forever, first Int’l comps attempt was at 2018 CoR, latest, USNats. But the point about their Axels still stands I guess. Neither of them has good enough 3A to guarantee properly upgrading it to a quad. Can’t be bothered to look up Aliev’s axel, but Dmitriev’s is skidded, I think, unlike Yuzu’s. 

Guest turquoiseblue

Korean article titled "[Beijing Rivals] ③ Figure skating 'Superstar Hanyu vs Jump Machine Chen'"

:giggle:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
9 hours ago, Pammi said:

I am of the view that Yuzuru has done this in full knowledge of the hype that would ensue - I actually think that is WHY he has been so open, bravely telling the world he WILL land this jump. It has moved the narrative away from the one who is seen as his main rival (at least outside of the USA) - and I also am inclined to believe him when he says he turns pressure into power. So, if Yuzuru wanted the focus to be on him and his this jump, rather than on anything else, he will have done it feeling this is the best way to motivate himself to win Gold at the Olympics. I know he said he hasnt been thinking about the Olys, but I just remember his face and his gesture towards the Olympic rings in Nagano at JNats 2020 and have been convinced since then that this  HAS been a goal of his, to compete and win his third Olympic title.  Sometimes he might have doubted he could achieve it when things haven't been going well, but they began to go well I feel before NHK when he was confidently announcing he would land the 4A. Other satellites have said (and I agree) that he has known that he has to do something big/special to give himself a chance at Oly gold because of the way scoring and narrative have gone over the last quad since 2018 - I think he has been really clever. It's a gamble, but when has Yuzuru shied away from that? His title in 2018 seemed impossible yet he achieved it.  Here's hoping the same happens at Beijing!!

EDIT - just seen the comment above this one - I think Yuzuru has also ensured with his short programme that he can show the world  his skills are far more than jumping - and that this will accentuate to the world (and the judges, though they already know in truth) the difference between him and the other gold contenders.

2nd EDIT: oh and think about the pressure this puts on Nathan too - and we know (and Yuzu knows) how he struggled with that pressure at the last Olympics, and couldn't manage it ... The USA has hyped Nathan so much, he will be feeling it I am sure, especially as he hasnt had the best of seasons. Yuzu's strategy is a two pronged attack !

8 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I totally agree with you.  This was a deliberate strategic move by Yuzu, throwing down the glove (a la Masquerade) to the ISU world.  His efforts at 4A might lie but it will never be in vain.   Yuzu has also made 4A to be his goal, so if he does not land a perfect GOE++ 4A at the Olympics, he will continue to work on it until he does.  He has his sights on the larger goal of creating a PERFORMANCE that will remain in history, not some tactical juggling act that might squeeze out a few extra points but will end up diluting and contaminating the beautiful programs.  Roncapu is a primary example - some fans are asking why he doesn't place the combination in the second half for extra points, but the program flow would be broken if he does that.  The 3A at the end with the staccato entry transition is iconic: would he break this in order to achieve an extra point or two?  Probably unlikely.  Here he is also throwing down the glove at the judges to dare give the appropriate PCS for such an incredibly refined. beautiful and complex program.  The challenge mirrors that of 4A for the Free Program and complements the technical challenge with the PCS/artistic challenge.   He may not "win" gold at the Olympics, but his performance will be analyzed and reviewed by many people afterwards for years to come, and these two programs will thus be remembered as "legendary".    

8 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

I agree with every word of this. I fully believe Yuzu has been so public in his pursuit of the 4A not in spite of the hype he knew it would cause but because of the hype he knew it would cause . It’s largely a mental battle at this point, and he’s a seasoned warrior at the height of his prowess. I am loving it!

I also agree with the above posts. There have been times since 2014 when I started following Yuzu that I questioned his judgment, but time and time again he has proven me wrong. He does not say things lightly. He weighs his words. When he says that he's going to do something, he means it. Yuzu is not intimidated by pressure. On the contrary, he turns pressure into power. He never takes the easy route. He enjoys overcoming seemingly overwhelming challenges.

He had previously been saying that his only focus is on successfully landing the 4A in competition. It was after he was chosen for the Japanese Olympic Team that he openly declared that since he has put his arm through the sleeve of the Japanese team jacket, the only thing for him to do is WIN. Only Yuzu would put this much pressure on himself – the pressure of successfully landing the 4A and winning his third consecutive Olympic Gold Medal. He has done this purposely to empower himself to reach for and achieve the impossible dream.

Listen to the lyrics... and how they are sung.

42 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Je suis également d'accord avec les messages ci-dessus. Il y a eu des moments depuis 2014, lorsque j'ai commencé à suivre Yuzu, où j'ai remis en question son jugement, mais à maintes reprises, il m'a prouvé le contraire. Il ne dit pas les choses à la légère. Il pèse ses mots. Quand il dit qu'il va faire quelque chose, il le pense. Yuzu n'est pas intimidé par la pression. Au contraire, il transforme la pression en pouvoir. Il ne prend jamais la voie facile. Il aime surmonter des défis apparemment insurmontables.

Il avait précédemment dit que son seul objectif était de réussir le 4A en compétition. C'est après avoir été choisi pour l'équipe olympique japonaise qu'il a déclaré ouvertement que depuis qu'il a mis son bras dans la manche de la veste de l'équipe japonaise, la seule chose à faire pour lui est de GAGNER. Seul Yuzu se mettrait autant de pression - la pression de réussir le 4A et de remporter sa troisième médaille d'or olympique consécutive. Il l'a fait exprès pour se donner les moyens d'atteindre et de réaliser le rêve impossible.

BRAVO  : clapclap4:  GEO1 for your writing on Yuzu who is intelligent and knows what he is doing and I react for the melody which you posted and which I know very well and this is the VO which was created in 1965 at the Mark Hellinger Theater from Broodway (New York) and here is the version of Jacques BREL who is (was) a huge Belgian singer and at one point he sings : "to reach the inaccessible star and such is my quest (and it is therefore that of Yuzu, but he will reach the stars YES ) and it is written at the very bottom : " and the cities are splashed with blue " that of Beijing and Yuzu and I do not know , on the other hand , if these American lyrics of the VO correspond to the French? But his first words are "dreaming an impossible dream" and he will realize his dream of child GANATTE YUZU:animated-smileys-character-075: 

5 hours ago, DancingFeather said:

How do you deal with failure when you accomplished that mindset? I feel a bit like I lie to myself when I say "I know I'll do well" and then I fail. Or is it the intention that there won't be the feeling of failure because I did as well as I could? (I hope my english is comprehensible.)

Well, usually failure is a learning opportunity, right? And isn't that how Yuzu looks at it? When he is kuyashii about one of his performances, he analyzes it and figures out what he can do better next time. Of course he gets frustrated and sometimes yells things to himself at the end of a skate like that ( see ACI '18 for an example of this), but then he turns it into a way to do better.  But he always gives the very best he can in that moment - he never holds back. And that would be like you said - the 'I did as well as I could' feeling. 

So I'm trying to follow that example too.

Plus, isn't it better to anticipate succcess, and fall short a bit, than to expect and achieve failure? In the first case, you'll only taste the failure once, but in the second, failure is with you from start to finish. I'd rather be the first way, myself. 

Hello members of planet hanyu.

It's been a long time I'm coming here. i remember the last time i posted here was pyeongchang olympic. Since then i forgot my passwd for my old account so i made a new one here lol.

I remember I'm following yuzu for the first time during LGC and H&L era. It's really something to watch his journey and him growing to be such a great skater that people adore and idolize. I used to worry and anxious everytime he compete. Even I cried when he bombed his SP at world's championship in 2017. But after he won his 2 OGM i became more at ease following his journey. Not over worried, anxious or panic like i did before PC Olympic. 

I know that competing at Olympic for 3rd times isn't even in his agenda but i really hope he got a gold medal because we know yuzu really hate to lose, so a gold is in his eyes for sure. Knowing how ISU works, surely it won't be easy for him to win this time. Regardless i wish him to land that 4A that he dreamed of since childhood. It will be legendary if he's really landed a first 4A at the Olympic. I hope he's stay healthy and injury free during Olympic :smiley-angelic001:

1 hour ago, Yuaz12 said:

It's been a long time I'm coming here. i remember the last time i posted here was pyeongchang olympic. Since then i forgot my passwd for my old account so i made a new one here lol.

I remember I'm following yuzu for the first time during LGC and H&L era. It's really something to watch his journey and him growing to be such a great skater that people adore and idolize. I used to worry and anxious everytime he compete. Even I cried when he bombed his SP at world's championship in 2017. But after he won his 2 OGM i became more at ease following his journey. Not over worried, anxious or panic like i did before PC Olympic. 

I know that competing at Olympic for 3rd times isn't even in his agenda but i really hope he got a gold medal because we know yuzu really hate to lose, so a gold is in his eyes for sure. Knowing how ISU works, surely it won't be easy for him to win this time. Regardless i wish him to land that 4A that he dreamed of since childhood. It will be legendary if he's really landed a first 4A at the Olympic. I hope he's stay healthy and injury free during Olympic :smiley-angelic001:

Welcome back! Please stay with us to cheer Yuzu to a successful landing of the 4A and a third consecutive Olympic Gold Medal!

16 hours ago, Pammi said:

TWO MILLION whilst I was watching it just now!!! 

:happy0065:......and on this page already over 6.7 million views (currently 6.794.779). Unfortunately the video is blocked for me.

https://sports.yahoo.co.jp/video/player/6058624

I'm looking forward to seeing Rondo again soon, of course also TenChi.:heartpound:

tumblr_149f4a925bfb816mkqn.gif

x

By the way 

Here a program notice for 29th January :happy:

5 hours ago, Yuaz12 said:

Welcome back on the Planet @Yuaz12.:wave: I wish you a lot of fun her.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].