General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, lynnidolz said:

The only thing that will remains the same i think are the jumps layout.I dont think he will try anything new because of limitation of ice time,facilities and without coaches.

I might be completely wrong, but from all skaters Yuzu has always had the least ice time in recent years, if those 10h/week in his ISU bios are true. I think, skaters with 30 or 40h/week were hit harder by the lockdown than him in that regard. Plus, Yuzu has gained a lot of experience with off-ice practice, image training and other recovery methods after his two ankle injuries. I'm sure, he made full use of that knowledge this year.

EDIT: Also, I just cannot imagine that someone would reject an athlete with >13 Mio US$ annual endorsements, if he asked: 'Hey, I want to master the 4A and prepare for my third Oly gold. Can you give me access to a rink with some privacy? I'll pay you well.' Especially Yuzu, who has contributed so much to the reconstruction of his home rink in Sendai.

I can totally imagine that he has booked a rink at off-peak times for 2-3 hours, so that it matched Ghislain's or Brian's schedule and timezone in Canada. It's also possible that he contacted Nanami or another coach like @micaelis said. I don't know.

What we know: Yuzu said very clearly in one of his last white wall videos that his focus is on the 4A now. So even if he doesn't bring it at JNats next week, I'm sure he's been practicing it regularly over the last months. Wherever that was.

9 часов назад, barbara сказал:

I'm pretty sure that Jeff Buttle confirmed that he had done choreo for the new SP, and that was months ago. Plenty of time for him to personalize and perfect it.  I'd guess Shae-Lynn for the long, and they have worked remotely before, for ice shows, but who knows.  I really want him to compete and to win this - but I'd feel a lot better if the JSF kept the competition spectator-free.

Jeff said that he send video choreo recently and that interview was in October. So either Yuzu had FS choreo done before or decided to go with old one.

Two new programs and coaching by video calls (or coaching by himself) is quite a challenger, though Yuzu for sure can overcome it. We'll see soon, hopefully.

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

Jeff said that he send video choreo recently and that interview was in October. So either Yuzu had FS choreo done before or decided to go with old one.

Two new programs and coaching by video calls (or coaching by himself) is quite a challenger, though Yuzu for sure can overcome it. We'll see soon, hopefully.

I think Yuzu has had his SP much longer than when Jeff did the interview. Jeff talked about the process and how it was frustrating to make a video and wait for a reply video and make another video with changes and so on, and that Yuzu was the one he did this with, and that the program turned out great, implying that Yuzu was already skating it more or less in its ideal form. The October video he sent was surely some normal revisions and polishing.

1 час назад, fyere0 сказал:

I think Yuzu has had his SP much longer than when Jeff did the interview. Jeff talked about the process and how it was frustrating to make a video and wait for a reply video and make another video with changes and so on, and that Yuzu was the one he did this with, and that the program turned out great, implying that Yuzu was already skating it more or less in its ideal form. The October video he sent was surely some normal revisions and polishing.

I remember when Jeff talked about Yuzu, he only implied that he send video recently and that it has different vide from Chopin, that's all (and that he likes PW). At least it was in the video that I saw, where he talked about Yuzu in the end.

I hope if Yuzu will be at JNats he will share some info about the process.

1 час назад, Henni147 сказал:

Since Yuzu's still on the starting list, this is pretty much a confirmation, right?

JSF has a habit to withheld the announcements till last minute, even if they know information before.

There's little waiting time ahead, but the less it is, the more hopeful I become.