General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Brian: "Just go do the Yuzu excercise."

TCC skaters: Break out in sweat and tears. Disapparate from the rink as fast as they can. Cannot be found for two weeks. Game over.

Yuzu: :notamused:

Alternative version:

Brian: "Just go do the Yuzu exercise."

TCC skaters: "Yes, coach." *puts on blade covers, goes over to a wall, silently screams and dances aggressively at it for 3 minutes*

Yuzu: :clapclap4:

3 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Alternative version:

Brian: "Just go do the Yuzu exercise."

TCC skaters: "Yes, coach." *puts on blade covers, goes over to a wall, silently screams and dances aggressively at it for 3 minutes*

Yuzu: :clapclap4:

One would expect any Yuzu exercise to start with scrunching Pooh's face, no? 

12 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

:cri:Yuzu got me in the feels again....

I was minding my own business, not bothering anyone, just quietly social distancing away and watching a YouTube of FaOI 2019 Toyama when this bullet to the heart shows up in the auto-translated subtitles of one of the boy's post-skate interviews:

" The energy from everyone cheering here, or all the thoughts people send through watching me on TV, I will skate and train, swearing not to waste these things..."

:softYuzu::tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: Wah! I was all wibbly in an instant. 

This wonderful, wonderful boy. 

Is "wibbly" a Canadian word?

40 minutes ago, barbara said:

Is "wibbly" a Canadian word?

No, I made it up. It means this kind of thing: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/QuiveringEyes

Another example: you know that clip of Yuzu where he's all emotional and asking "Why'm I crying?" , because he's actually happy? That emotional state is what I mean by 'wibbly'. :)

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

No, I made it up. It means this kind of thing: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/QuiveringEyes

Another example: you know that clip of Yuzu where he's all emotional and asking "Why'm I crying?" , because he's actually happy? That emotional state is what I mean by 'wibbly'. :)

Wibbly - I'd like to have the emotional state of wibbly, like the "why am I crying?" thing, but I'd say the wibbly in the trope is a more accurate depiction of my present wibbly-ness.

On 4/10/2020 at 3:00 PM, monchan said:

I hope they will reveal which part is Yuzu's idea after selling the watch!

About hungarish-style "character" movements, I would add something, though late.

It is a key element, not to say the main one, in character dance taught at great ballet school. It can be met in Swan Lake and others, but is particularly essential to Raymonda.

It is so hard to catch that I have seen principal dancers at top ballet, not managing it (I won't tell who and where).

It can be done with some insistence, or more understated like Sylvie Guillem or... Yuzuru Hanyu. How could he get it with so little practice? He is a genius of movement.

Nikolay Tsiskaridze, in between :

An exam at Vaganova Academy, whose rector is Nikolay Tsiskaridze (very keen on character dance), here from 4:15 to 5:30 :