General Yuzuru Chat

16 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think it's an internet game on Twitter that the Japanese fans are doing...they've taken photos of Habu-san* and Yuzu in similar poses and put them together for comedic effect. 

*Habu-san is a famous Japanese shogi player/ personality whose name is spelled with the exact same kanji as Yuzu's. And he's a big Yuzu fan. His wife has said in an interview that he gets excited every time he sees the Hanyu kanji in the newspaper, but when it turns out to be a story about himself instead, his excitement turns into disappointment right away. They famously met at the Emperor's garden party after the 2018 Olympics. Habu-san has also won the People's Honor award, just like Hanyu. 

I meant to reply to THIS person. Please disregard my previous post. The name of the famous Shogi player is Yoshiharu Habu.

“As for his goals for 4CC and Worlds, he said, "This year, I've sworn to go"5 steps beyond my limit"“

This is so terrifying and exciting at the same time...:dpooh: Do I even want to know what it means?!! Ahhhh dear Yuzu, you genius and crazy boy, stay healthy while pursuing your goals. You know we support you always (Madness and chaos included if according to your plans)!!!! :img_21: :13877886:

56 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

What is kuyashi means? I see this word often must I am not sure I understand it.

Does it mean "regret " or "sorry" or something else?

Thank you 

my understanding is that it basically it means to be really frustrated, especially when you lose or are beaten/insulted by someone. 

1 hour ago, Vadrouille said:

What is kuyashi means? I see this word often must I am not sure I understand it.

Does it mean "regret " or "sorry" or something else?

Thank you 

It's like a mix of anger, regret and shame directed at yourself. It's a bit more complicated than just 'frustrated' but that's the closest translation in English. The cause can be losing to/being humiliated by other people, or falling short of your own standards/making a stupid mistake, or something like that. It's a pretty strong word but of course some people use it more casually than others (Yuzu loves to say it but of course he is extra in many ways). I guess it's a feeling that perfectionists and high achievers have more often than others.  

2 hours ago, fyere0 said:

Me rolling up to the Super Bowl party in a Continues With Wings t-shirt, holding a slow cooker full of Swedish meatballs: yeah put me down for $50 on Yuzuru Hanyu

I totally would do it, just to troll. I have absolutely no use for NFL football whatsoever. Rugby all the way. 

Yuzu for fly half on the Brave Blossoms! Yea! :rock: