Lurker Yuzu's coming to town.

He's peaking at tweets, checkin' 'em twice,

Gonna find out what's been trendy and nice,

Lurker Yuzu's coming to town.

He knows when you've been crying,

He knows of all your memes,

He knows if you need watering now,

So be good for goodness sake.

Seriously, looking at the updates on Yuzu saying he follows us, I feel like someone needs to do a video of him to "Ninja of the Night."

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Mr Hanyu made it to The Guardian "Best Photographs of the Day" :biggrin:

Tokyo, JapanOlympics figure skating gold medalist Yuzuru Hanyu cleans his shoe during the Imperial spring garden party at the Akasaka Palace

Photograph: Eugene Hoshiko/AP

3000.jpg?w=1920&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&

source

Was lying on bed reading this and immed got up to try to touch my toes... 

My flexibility sucks. 

2 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

So he is probably staying in Japan at least until 7th I guess? Since he is still in the middle of rehabilitation process...

I feel like he's probably secretly doing his CMs and ads now, and we'll only hear about it in the fall of next season. And after this he'll be spend the summer doing ice shows, or his talk shows, maybe the charity event 24hrtv again, but will probably be ninja again for most of the summer to do his programs once rules get finalized.

Interrupting the current flow of convo with a complain:

6 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Anyway, here's the most important photo of the event..

Habu-san was wearing THAT!!

*with the most pathetic whine I can muster* 

Why can't Zu wear a similar thing instead of the better-but-still-not-quite fitting suit???

:13877886:

3 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Quick translation of Yuzu's conversation with the Emperor and Empress! 

Emperor: Congratulations. 
YH: Thank you.
Emperor: You practiced quite a bit, didn't you?
YH: Yes, that's right. Since I got injured, I couldn't practice well right before the Olympics. But I think I was prepared because of my training regime up to that point (i.e. before the injury)
Emperor: I see. But I'm sure you took a lot of care when practicing after you got injured. 
YH: Definitely. I learned a lot. Even when I couldn't practice, there was a lot for me to study so in a way, it think it became a good opportunity.
Emperor: When you say you studied when you couldn't practice, what sorts of things did you study?

YH: I studied things like anatomy, the way my body moves, things like that. I figured that in terms of knowledge, there was a lot that I should acquire.

Emperor: Is that so? So I guess, in that sense, you developed in that time.

YH: Yes, that's right. When I practice normally, there are always things I overlook, so I think this was a great opportunity.
Emperor: Yes, for sure. But it was quite a difficult time as well, wasn't it?
YH: Yes it was tough, but I'll keep working hard. 

Emperor: Get some good results. Congratulations again, honestly.
Empress: *asks about his injury*
YH: There is still one month of rehabilitation left. The doctor advised me stop (skating) but I am now able skate up to a point. As for my foot, the things I am doing now I can do without pain.  
Empress: How splendid. The Sendai parade was lovely. 
Empress: Everyone was so happy.
YH: Definitely. I feel that at a time like this, I'm really glad I became a skater. And through this parade we were able to raise money for the reconstruction efforts so I am really thankful to everyone. 
Empress: Take care of your body. *she says other stuff and compliments him but her voice is too soft for me to pick up!*

1 hour ago, dotsquare said:

Part 2: the interview 

YH: I was nervous, but the Imperial family said very kind words to me. They became a great source of power in this time when I will be continuing to fulfill my duty and contrbiute to the reconstruction efforts. 
Q: Do you have any complaints or nitpicks about your suit today?
YH: Well...I like my suits to be as slender as possible so you can see my form properly. 
YH: Mako-sama told me that she and Kako-sama clutched eachother's hands while cheering me on [at PC], and that the moment my program was over, they felt a sense of accomplishment and happiness.

Note: My Japanese is far from perfect so if there are any inaccuracies you guys pick up on, please let me know :) 

Thank you so much for the translation. I am always interested in Yuzu interviews/speech being translated in English to compare with the Japanese original (to learn more natural English expression). Your translation is great in terms of not losing the nuance of the original. 

The part that you couldn't pick up the words because the empress voice was so soft, I think she said '見事に舞って下さいました' or '見事に勝って下さいました'. So it's either 'You danced so splendidly' or 'You superbly won'. It make sense in either way as Japanese.