General Yuzuru Chat

All the t shirt talk got me thinking of previous products generated by OGM 1.  I could never buy and wear a white commemorative t shirt - my children would have me sectioned - but I do have the post Sochi DVD - do we think they will produce one for the last quad?

8 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

He only has the one bronze, ever, in his Senior career.

It's actually hilarious. It was the 2012 Worlds of course. I kind of like that being his only bronze, it is that significant.

He was 4th after that though, post Sochi season.

If we count WTT and Nationals then he has three bronze medals, but..let's not count those :)

He was off the podium twice after Nice, 2013 Worlds was the other one...

1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

If we count WTT and Nationals then he has three bronze medals, but..let's not count those :)

He was off the podium twice after Nice, 2013 Worlds was the other one...

Oh I don't count those as WTT doesn't have a cumulative score per skater, and Nationals are ... Nationals. Just ISU stuff. 

I meant, the 2014/15 fourth was the last time he was off podium, everything after that has been a 1-2 streak. Bad wording :laughing:

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm looking at CiONTU lineup and think there are a couple who have not been added. Where are all the Japanese skaters other than Mura? 

I thought there was like another Japanese guy or something? Also, would be really surprised if all the big and retired Sendai or Tohoko skaters don't skate. And Nobu. So the final list should come out soon. If we're close to the date though, surprised it's not finalized yet.

It's interesting I wonder who is the one taking care of the production and calling the shots of this though, with Hanyu in Canada. I don't know why I imagined Hanyu working his network and personally calling up skaters, but that's impossible.

54 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

ACI bronze.

Imagine the fuel it would provide .......

Nope nope! :8: I very much like his current never-out-of-the-top-two thing he has going! One of my favourite shove it in their faces arguments for those . . . . Poorly informed. . . . People who call him "inconsistent"

1 hour ago, Floria said:

Brian said that 4A is very taxing for the right ankle and Yuzu himself mentioned it more than once.

Ah..... I must have missed this interview. I mean, yeah I knew every jump will be taxing on the right ankle (hence please recover and rehab first Yuzu!!) but I guess I thought 4A might be less taxing than 4Lutz for the ankle... since pushing force vs landing.... Ah maybe I just pulled that thought out of thin air.... :shrug:

Wooo, I seem to have ordered a t-shirt! After laughing hysterically for half an hour bc google translating everything (except for the katakana which I aced :rock:). A bit kuyashii that I didn’t get the purple one too, but oh well. 

4 hours ago, Elle said:

It's kinda sad that he can never feel satisfied, even when he's the best that has ever existed, but at the same time I think that's what makes him so great. He pushes himself more than anyone and always strives for perfection, he doesn't set for anything less than that. Honestly, someone like him can't be completely "normal". He is pretty unique.

Perfectionism is like that :/ You struggle hard and achieve great things in the process but the trade off is that often you haven't achieved your goal of perfection.

It reminds me of the saying 'Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among stars'. What Yuzu may consider 'not enough' is amazing in our eyes. But it's precisely because of his drive for perfection that he's been able to produce such ground breaking performances. 

The second you become content is really the moment that you'll stop pushing yourself. Nothing gives you a bigger kick in the butt than falling short of a goal. 

I think what sets Yuzu apart is his thirst for perfection. He genuinely enjoys the process of continuously jumping hurdles. A lot of perfectionists struggle with a fear of failure and may lack drive because of that (and procrastinate like myself lol) but Yuzu doesn't appear to. He dives in head first.