General Yuzuru Chat

3 時間前, MrPuddingさんが言いました:

An opinion that seems so likely :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Uuuuh. I sure hope that isn't going to turn out to be the case because I can't help but think being able to skate both programs, on Oly ice no less, before the actual event (ie: the individual one), especially when one hasn't had much in the way of competition practice, is the furthest thing from a bad idea. He could use the opportunity JSF has so generously granted him despite all the accusations of their favoring Uno over him, and if I were in his shoes, even if I felt bad for robbing others of their opportunity to skate before the individual event, I'd tell my conscience to suck it up for once because it's something I really need, probably more than others (cos hey, they've got 4cc to warm up), silently apologize to them and grab the opportunity with both grubby hands, cos I could really use it to work out the competition kinks and paint over the competitive rust.

I mean, if he isn't going to for whatever reason, then more power to him,  since he knows himself best, but at this point, it makes absolutely no sense to me for someone in his position to decline this opportunity. Not that it has to, ofc. >_<

And sides, he doesn't strike me as the sort to refuse to participate, especially in an Oly event, if he's on form enough to. If he declines, I can only think he doesn't feel ready enough to which doesn't exactly offer a great outlook on the individual event. I'm not a worrier, I wasn't overly worried even when I found out he hurt his ankle but I'd be plenty worried if he declines to skate at the team event entirely.

And what is this flag bearer thing? Is it something that has been officially decided? I may be having the wrong conception about this but isn't that a role usually bestowed upon the team leader, which has been established to be Nao Kodaira? And even if he's somehow doing it, he should be there the first day, no? Since that's when the opening ceremony is?  After the Team event for men's sp? Which means he might as well skate,

4 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Uuuuh. I sure hope that isn't true because I can't help but think being able to skate both programs, on Oly ice no less, before the actual event, especially when one hasn't had much in the way of competition practices, is the furthest thing from a bad idea. He could use the opportunity JSF has so generously granted him despite all the accusations of their favoring Uno over him, and if I were in his shoes, even if I felt bad for robbing others of their opportunity to skate before the individual event, I'd tell my conscience to suck it up for once because it's something I really need, probably more than others (cos hey, they've got 4cc to warm up), silently apologize to them and grab the opportunity with both grubby hands.as I mean, if he isn't, more power to him,  since he knows himself best, but at this point, it makes absolutely no sense to me for someone in his position to decline this opportunity. Not that it has to, ofc. >_<

And sides, he doesn't strike me as the sort to refuse to participate, especially in an Oly event, if he's on form enough to. If he declines, I can only think he doesn't feel ready enough to which doesn't exactly offer a great outlook on the individual event. I'm not a worrier, I wasn't overly worried even when I found out he hurt his ankle but I'd be plenty worried if he declines to skate at the team event entirely.

And what is this flag bearer thing? Is it something that has been officially decided? And if he's doing it, he should be there the first day, no? Since that's when the opening ceremony is?  After the Team event for men's sp? Which means he might as well skate,

I don't think him not doing team event would necessarily be something to worry about, but I don't think the coaching accreditation is any hint of whether he will or not, either. (Shared more detailed thoughts on this in the Oly thread, so I won't repeat myself ^_^; )

As for flag bearer, I'm pretty sure for Japan it's decided and it will be Noriaki Kasai. I think they're talking about Javi in the tweet, who will, most likely be Spain's flag bearer again, although no idea if that's been even talked about until now...

33 分, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

I don't think him not doing team event would necessarily be something to worry about, but I don't think the coaching accreditation is any hint of whether he will or not, either. (Shared more detailed thoughts on this in the Oly thread, so I won't repeat myself ^_^; )

I'm happy you feel that way but my logic is telling me otherwise, and it hasn't been wrong in its deductions of Hanyu so far, given that he's a creature of extremely sound logic (more sound than mine could ever hope to be) and he's been extremely consistent in his character so far, having never pulled out of a comp unless he felt he didn't have a choice. That aside, logically speaking, the practice could only work for him, not against, when he hasn't competed in months. So yeah, imma be very skeptical about his choice, and then worried about his condition, for maybe the first time ever, given what's going to happen just a few days later, if he chooses to not do even a single performance in the team event. But that's just me, of course. It's great if everyone else is chill about it if he chooses this route. God knows a lot of his fans worry about him enough, sometimes over more trivial matters than this, lol.

My worry will of course only kick in in the event this speculation comes true. Right now, I'm not thinking or feeling much of anything (cept maybe for mild anxiety and hope, lots and lots of hope) since there's really nothing to go on from. Which is probably exactly what the guy wants.

That said, I'm well aware it's just fan speculation, which was why I expressed my hope that it's not going to turn out  accurate the way some had in the past. xD Granted, there have been more misses than hits, and I'm hoping this one falls into the majority.

33 分, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

As for flag bearer, I'm pretty sure for Japan it's decided and it will be Noriaki Kasai. I think they're talking about Javi in the tweet, who will, most likely be Spain's flag bearer again, although no idea if that's been even talked about until now...

Ah, I was wondering if they meant Fernandez but the way it was phrased, the sentence made more sense when that part was tacked to Hanyu. So they've decided on Kasai? Great! Don't think there's anyone more deserving of the role than him, really. (:

Oh wait, you're just pretty sure. Well then, I hope it's him. So cool that the coach and his student are going to get to compete in the same Olys together.

Edit: It says here that it's gonna be Sara Takanashi because Kasai isn't going to be available to attend  the opening ceremony.

I honestly think the registering of coaches with each athlete is a case of mixing and matching so they could all get the accreditations without running out of delegation slots or whatever. I doubt they sat and worried about whose name should go on which form in triplicate. We're probably reading too much into this.

Just now, WinForPooh said:

I honestly think the registering of coaches with each athlete is a case of mixing and matching so they could all get the accreditations without running out of delegation slots or whatever. I doubt they sat and worried about whose name should go on which form in triplicate. We're probably reading too much into this.

I agree with this.  

32 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I'm happy you feel that way but my logic is telling me otherwise, and it hasn't been wrong in its deductions of Hanyu so far, given that he's a creature of extremely sound logic (more sound than mine could ever hope to be) and he's been extremely consistent in his character so far, having never pulled out of a comp unless he felt he didn't have a choice. That aside, logically speaking, the practice could only work for him, not against, when he hasn't competed in months. So yeah, imma be very skeptical about his choice, and then worried about his condition, for maybe the first time ever, given what's going to happen just a few days later, if he chooses to not do even a single performance in the team event. But that's just me, of course. It's great if everyone else is chill about it if he chooses this route. God knows a lot of his fans worry about him enough, sometimes over more trivial matters than this, lol.

My worry will of course only kick in in the event this speculation comes true. Right now, I'm not thinking or feeling much of anything (cept maybe for mild anxiety and hope, lots and lots of hope) since there's really nothing to go on from. Which is probably exactly what the guy wants.

That said, I'm well aware it's just fan speculation, which was why I expressed my hope that it's not going to turn out  accurate the way some had in the past. xD Granted, there have been more misses than hits, and I'm hoping this one falls into the majority.

Ah, I was wondering if they meant Fernandez but the way it was phrased, the sentence made more sense when that part was tacked to Hanyu. So they've decided on Kasai? Great! Don't think there's anyone more deserving of the role than him, really. (:

Oh wait, you're just pretty sure. Well then, I hope it's him.

I am going to have my chill pills at the ready...

4 hours ago, xeyra said:

So much secondhand embarrassement. Hope they didn't show that to Shoma. 

...You really believe in a good side of every person, Skating senpai like Keiji included xD *Wanders off to search for that photo of the three of them from their Novice/junior days, where Keiji and Yuzu tag-team bully Shoma*

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

That definitely was the case for Sochi, right? Where Brian stayed with Javi to leave slots for Kikuchi in Yuzu Team?

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Yes, as far as we know, they could have just rolled a dice and decided who would be in who's team randomly.

1 minute ago, Aotoshiro said:

That definitely was the case for Sochi, right? Where Brian stayed with Javi to leave slots for Kikuchi in Yuzu Team?

I don't remember if it was Sochi, but Brian definitely did that for some competition.

I mean... I don't think registering as Yuzu's coach means Briand can only be there when Yuzu is there. Coaches might come earlier to check out stuff, figure out paperwork, or later to sort out appearances and media stuff, right? Accreditation for coaches probably means they'll be there from the day practice for the discipline starts. Especially if the participants for team event don't have to be announced till really late.

35 分, WinForPoohさんが言いました:

引用

Orser: Right. It's that time of the year again. Now, whose delegation should I submit my papers to...

Hanyu: *shrugs nonchalantly* You can go with whoever. So long as you're there when it matters, I'm good. *eyeing Brian meaningfully for some reason*

Fernandez: I'm with Yusu on this one. *sends Brian extremely meaningful looks*

Orser: ...right. I'll just hitch myself to Junhwan then. See ya boys there. *saunters away*

Hanyu and Fernandez: *staring silently after Orser, then at each other* ...............

Fernandez: IcalldibsonTracy!

Hanyu: #^!^@%^!---*notices Briand looking on sadly in the corner and breaks out into his trademark winning smile* I was gonna pick you first,  Ghislain! Habi can have Tracy. Who even needs anyone else when I've got you?? *billion dollar 😀*

(Jokes aside, it's probably decided between the coaches and I really think Orser registered under Cha's team so he wouldn't invite troubling chatter that might make things awkward especially now since the other two are/were world champions going into the olys as more or less rivals so.)