General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, Aotoshiro said:

How???Aren't you in my timezone? Are we going to die in together in the middle of the night? I just warned my roommate that she's not going to sleep peacefully in February...

Am I? And yet, time is simply an inadequate human attempt to understand the mysteries of the universe. It means nothing when you need to feed the beast. But it's morning coffee time for me generally (when things start at ten there, and then there's waiting for his group), and that means I'll probably just stay up worrying all night, so... Medicinal, I tell you. Oh God of Hangovers is going to have to take a few hits for me.

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

I would not agree with this strategic choice. If Yuzuru reaches his peak condition during the Team Event, it will be perfect timing. Chopin and Seimei have to be ready by february, or almost ready. Plus, if he does well at the team event, he will put tons of pressure on all the others, just like he did in Sochi. 

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I would not agree with this strategic choice. If Yuzuru reaches his peak condition during the Team Event, it will be perfect timing. Chopin and Seimei have to be ready by february, or almost ready. Plus, if he does well at the team event, he will put tons of pressure on all the others, just like he did in Sochi. 

So true. If he's not ready by the team event, it's unlikely he will be ready for the individual one. 

But I would say that the strategic value in this course of action is avoiding fatigue before the main event, if the events are too closely scheduled together.

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

well it's all still speculation at this point :tumblr_inline_mg16fmfM3E1qdlkyg: the men team FS is a bit too close to the individual men SP tho no? it's on the 12th and 16th.. If so I hope if he does compete it will be the SP instead to avoid fatigue (it's on 9th so at least almost a week) :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp: 

I wonder when they will actually tell us who's competing at the team event..

But out of FS and SP, I think he'd be more interested in practicing the FS... the biggest advantage of entering the team event might be access to more practice time, but then again, he could also stay in Toronto longer and travel to Pyeongchang later and practice at home... but getting a good feel of the rink might be good, too. Well, I'm sure they'll analyze all options and choose what they think will work better...

9 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

the men team FS is a bit too close to the individual men SP tho no? it's on the 12th and 16th..

It is but... at this point, I am thinking that the more Yuzuru is on the ice, doing runthroughs, the better... he needs the adrenaline, he needs a schedule that doesn't allow him to think a lot. He just has to go out and unleash his "body and mind" as one. And I think a tight schedule might work in that regard. 

10 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

But out of FS and SP, I think he'd be more interested in practicing the FS... the biggest advantage of entering the team event might be access to more practice time, but then again, he could also stay in Toronto longer and travel to Pyeongchang later and practice at home... but getting a good feel of the rink might be good, too. Well, I'm sure they'll analyze all options and choose what they think will work better...

yea agreed he needs to try the 4Lz on competition again :13877886: if he's keeping it which is highly likely

I'm just nervous that it's too closely packed against each other :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp: well aren't we just anxious against everything

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

From US media? o_O I didn't know they were Yuzu fans based on the stuff US media was throwing out this season so far.

(question, is this hacked, or did Nate piss them off for something? )

I'm pretty sure it's just a mistake by some staff member who knows nothing of FS lol Or maybe the overlord's kuyashii fire is strong enough to alter stats online lol