General Yuzuru Chat

Also, although he enjoys the ice shows, they aren't really cutting edge are they?  The rinks tend to be cramped and jumping passes have to be modified to fit.  Mr Perfectionist probably wouldn't be satisfied with just ice shows.  Unless he became fed up with living abroad or was injured I think the new rivalries and the jump still to be landed will keep him interested in competition for a season or two yet.

9 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

oh

my

god

same

so this skater (who isn't very good btw) at my rink wanted to chat/be friends so we talked about skating and i said "have you watched yuzuru hanyu? he's the best" and he goes "i prefer nathan chen, he has so many quads, isn't that cool?"

:knc_brian3:

FRIENDSHIP. OVER.

You should tell him that Yuzu has landed 4A in practice to shut him up. But seriously in Moscow they both attempted the same amount of quads...

1 hour ago, ymy said:

Is there a possibility that yuzu is actually trolling us about staying after PC olympics? I mean I’m extremely happy of the news but he has been trolling us about 4Lz all summer long. 

I wouldn't make any assumptions about what he's planning to do after the Olympics. He may not be sure himself at this point. 

21 hours ago, xeyra said:

This is rather cute, actually. 

No mention of the 4Lo relationship, Yuzu?

Edit:

@Floria, I think this is the translation you were wanting. 

LOL POOR 4LO!!! They're definitely curently not on a friendly term now..  :smiley-laughing021:

21 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Look at this dork :smiley-laughing021:

:rofl:vain!Yuzu

'hey is my hair looking alright?? yea?? sure ? *brush it just in case*

Will Yuzu ride into the sunset after PC?  I don't think so.  He still has the 4A to master, not to mention the 4F, and there are some other noteworthy jumps to master that would show the world he's THE true master of aerial antics.  Imagine a quad-quad combination.   Imagine a quint when the ISU  finally gives a point value to it.  Imagine a triple combination composed of  three triple jumps.  Imagine also a GPF streak going well past four straight wins or an Olympics threepeat (he'll only be 26 then).  Imagine a short program with a 50 PCS or a long program with a 100 PCS.  There are so many things left undone if he retires after next year's season.  It's like the Robert Frost poem 'Stopping by a woods on a snowy evening', which ends with the statement that there are 'miles to go before I sleep'.   Think also maybe an Olympics fourpeat.  Yuzu will only be thirty then, and remember Plushenko was thirty-two when he skated (team trophy only) at Sochi.  Yuzu could still be viable for competition then.  Actually a thought occurs to me that Yuzu might decide to retire if and when he skates a perfect season of all golds.  His final season of junior competition had no losses.  He might be holding out for nothing but gold, figuring a perfect season would make his hope to be 'absolute champion' finally a reality.

From Brian's interview:

I think that at a certain age an athlete must start making important decisions on his own career independently. My job is to be around and help. Or to keep them from completely insane acts.

I sense some interesting Yuzu's stories in that quote. We need another "Team Brian" book  :smiley-laughing021:

1 hour ago, GreatLakesGal said:

I wouldn't make any assumptions about what he's planning to do after the Olympics. He may not be sure himself at this point. 

That's exactly what I think. After PC, anything could happen. I'm not even sure about his presence at Worlds 2018. I also don't rule out the possibility of him staying until OWG 2022. 

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

Will Yuzu ride into the sunset after PC?  I don't think so.  He still has the 4A to master, not to mention the 4F, and there are some other noteworthy jumps to master that would show the world he's THE true master of aerial antics.  Imagine a quad-quad combination.   Imagine a quint when the ISU  finally gives a point value to it.  Imagine a triple combination composed of  three triple jumps.  Imagine also a GPF streak going well past four straight wins or an Olympics threepeat (he'll only be 26 then).  Imagine a short program with a 50 PCS or a long program with a 100 PCS.  There are so many things left undone if he retires after next year's season.  It's like the Robert Frost poem 'Stopping by a woods on a snowy evening', which ends with the statement that there are 'miles to go before I sleep'.   Think also maybe an Olympics fourpeat.  Yuzu will only be thirty then, and remember Plushenko was thirty-two when he skated (team trophy only) at Sochi.  Yuzu could still be viable for competition then.  Actually a thought occurs to me that Yuzu might decide to retire if and when he skates a perfect season of all golds.  His final season of junior competition had no losses.  He might be holding out for nothing but gold, figuring a perfect season would make his hope to be 'absolute champion' finally a reality.

I actually don't want what happened to Plushenko to happen to Yuzu. It's not only the injuries, but some people have said Plu stole Kovtun's Olympic spot in Sochi (and sadly I think that was his one chance as I don't think Kovtun will make it to PC). (There were great counter-arguments against that, but) one thing that did stood out in the criticisms was that the fed should have been thinking of the future, who was at that time Kovtun and co. I don't think that's right as everyone who deserves to be at the top whether veteran skater or promising younger skater should stay at the top until retirement especially if the youngsters still don't have the skills to beat them. The reason I bring this up is because Yuzu is only 22-23 and yet people are already roaring for some new blood and for a change of era. I side eye it now because Yuzu is young, but this will become more intense from haters and some annoying fs fans later when he's an "uncle" and overtakes some young and promising upstart from his own country. We don't know who will bloom when they come up the ranks in a few years, but it may happen. On the ladies side its sad that the turnaround is so quick especially for Russian girls and people are already looking forward to the day Medvedeva gets beaten, esp  by her own rinkmates.

Funny because haters will never be happy with what Yuzu does. He gets silver? Boy is inconsistent. If he ever pulls off a winning streak like in his junior year, then the sport or his programs are getting boring or the scoring is wrong (just look at what some people are saying about Medvedeva). Supposedly we're not to feel a thing if Yuzu loses gold and certainly its disrespectful if we cry, but some people are free to wish and rejoice if and when Yuzu (and Med) are beaten.

18 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I actually don't want what happened to Plushenko to happen to Yuzu. It's not only the injuries, but some people have said Plu stole Kovtun's Olympic spot in Sochi (and sadly I think that was his one chance as I don't think Kovtun will make it to PC). (There were great counter-arguments against that, but) one thing that did stood out in the criticisms was that the fed should have been thinking of the future, who was at that time Kovtun and co. I don't think that's right as everyone who deserves to be at the top whether veteran skater or promising younger skater should stay at the top until retirement especially if the youngsters still don't have the skills to beat them. The reason I bring this up is because Yuzu is only 22-23 and yet people are already roaring for some new blood and for a change of era. I side eye it now because Yuzu is young, but this will become more intense from haters and some annoying fs fans later when he's an "uncle" and overtakes some young and promising upstart from his own country. We don't know who will bloom when they come up the ranks in a few years, but it may happen. On the ladies side its sad that the turnaround is so quick especially for Russian girls and people are already looking forward to the day Medvedeva gets beaten, esp  by her own rinkmates.

Funny because haters will never be happy with what Yuzu does. He gets silver? Boy is inconsistent. If he ever pulls off a winning streak like in his junior year, then the sport or his programs are getting boring or the scoring is wrong (just look at what some people are saying about Medvedeva). Supposedly we're not to feel a thing if Yuzu loses gold and certainly its disrespectful if we cry, but some people are free to wish and rejoice if and when Yuzu (and Med) are beaten.

It's really disgusting how haters are so happy that he got silver. Some even said he don't deserve that silver at all. 😡

1 minute ago, Sammie said:

It's really disgusting how haters are so happy that he got silver. Some even said he don't deserve that silver at all. 😡

LOL, I'm curious, who did they think deserved it instead of him?

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

As much as I love to watch Yuzu skate, I'm not sure my heart can handle so many years of anxiety....:slinkaway:

I doubt Yuzu knows if he'll even want to stay for Beijing 2022...and there's a part of me that hopes Beijing 2022 is the time for Boyang to shine. I can't root for Boyang wholeheartedly if Yuzu is there as well...:slinkaway: