General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, Xen said:

4F plus the "takes forever to text back" of 4Lz. 

As for the entire issue of Yuzu staying post PC 2018, I think he might, and it's for a rather depressing reason. Currently I don't see any really strong Japanese male skaters rising through the ranks for at least another 2-3 years, so unless Shoma is ready to fight it alone (and Yuzuru is comfortable making Shoma go solo), I think he'd stay on just so Japanese men get their spots at worlds. I trust that if he stays he would still enjoy skating, and it's not just fed pressure, seeing especially how competitive he is, and how he wants to just...land everything imaginable under the sun. But that he's that critical for the Japanese men's skating is depressing. Looking at the junior men's right now, it's pretty much Russia vs USA. 

Japan has many promising ladies skaters, but rumor is Mao also stayed for the fed and its sad she couldn't end her career on a high. Even if there were young promising men upstarts, Yuzu might feel obligated to stay if JSF needs him for whatever reason.

But we don't know how the scoring system will change too so someone outside the radar could be a contender in a few years or go the Machida route and get noticed by the mass later.

I see more chance of him retiring if he loses terribly this season, esp Olympics and or gets an injury. Because he wouldn't enjoy skating with compromises and not going for the kill.

Where as if he wins, he would stay for one or two more years, to accomplish things or until he is ready to move on. 

Because I think he truly loves the sport and being a sportsman and he wouldn't want to leave without leaving a mark. He is not a quitter. But as much as he loves the sport, I think he is slowly going to hate the media, publicity and federation circus around it. And if he feels these factors hinder his progress and not his skills, he won't stay to try and fail. And with Shoma, the jsf won't lack the next show horse. 

Also I think Yuzu declaring his retirement at a young age was a young boy's view on aging. And not sportsman planning his career. Like, how can you know what you'll be capable of, or your limits are? I don't think he is planning as far as the next Olympics, but I think he would stay as long as he is winning and is a strong challenger for gold in any competition he goes into.

19 минут назад, Yolo3a сказал:

I see more chance of him retiring if he loses terribly this season, esp Olympics and or gets an injury. Because he wouldn't enjoy skating with compromises and not going for the kill.

Where as if he wins, he would stay for one or two more years, to accomplish things or until he is ready to move on. 

Because I think he truly loves the sport and being a sportsman and he wouldn't want to leave without leaving a mark. He is not a quitter. But as much as he loves the sport, I think he is slowly going to hate the media, publicity and federation circus around it. And if he feels these factors hinder his progress and not his skills, he won't stay to try and fail. And with Shoma, the jsf won't lack the next show horse. 

Also I think Yuzu declaring his retirement at a young age was a young boy's view on aging. And not sportsman planning his career. Like, how can you know what you'll be capable of, or your limits are? I don't think he is planning as far as the next Olympics, but I think he would stay as long as he is winning and is a strong challenger for gold in any competition he goes into.

The beginning almost costed me a heart attack even being a hypothetical possibility, but I think you expressed my shadow thoughts better than I ever would be able to do it. :2thumbsup::bow:

3 hours ago, Forcefield said:

I actually don't want what happened to Plushenko to happen to Yuzu. It's not only the injuries, but some people have said Plu stole Kovtun's Olympic spot in Sochi (and sadly I think that was his one chance as I don't think Kovtun will make it to PC). (There were great counter-arguments against that, but) one thing that did stood out in the criticisms was that the fed should have been thinking of the future, who was at that time Kovtun and co. I don't think that's right as everyone who deserves to be at the top whether veteran skater or promising younger skater should stay at the top until retirement especially if the youngsters still don't have the skills to beat them. The reason I bring this up is because Yuzu is only 22-23 and yet people are already roaring for some new blood and for a change of era. I side eye it now because Yuzu is young, but this will become more intense from haters and some annoying fs fans later when he's an "uncle" and overtakes some young and promising upstart from his own country. We don't know who will bloom when they come up the ranks in a few years, but it may happen. On the ladies side its sad that the turnaround is so quick especially for Russian girls and people are already looking forward to the day Medvedeva gets beaten, esp  by her own rinkmates.

Funny because haters will never be happy with what Yuzu does. He gets silver? Boy is inconsistent. If he ever pulls off a winning streak like in his junior year, then the sport or his programs are getting boring or the scoring is wrong (just look at what some people are saying about Medvedeva). Supposedly we're not to feel a thing if Yuzu loses gold and certainly its disrespectful if we cry, but some people are free to wish and rejoice if and when Yuzu (and Med) are beaten.

Haters always say bad stuff. If Yuzu stays, the fan base will grow like crazy...Haters will be buried and I will never be able to get tickets...

4 minutes ago, SSS said:

Haters always say bad stuff. If Yuzu stays, the fan base will grow like crazy...Haters will be buried and I will never be able to get tickets...

Don't make it sound like it is any easier to get tickets now :sadPooh:I planned to see GPF this year and after my friend showed me the prices listed on the second-hand ticket website, I was :knc_brian3:

3 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: The truth. We're not delusional.

I know some reporters have called him a prince to his face before, but has anyone told him that he's cute? I wonder how he'd react. :xD:

I wonder if anyone has ever shown him the microsoft program that forever IDs him as "Female, age 19." 

His expression is probably this-->:notamused: