General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Hope you use the time to properly watch all the Yuzu things! Now's your chance! rest. Feel better soon! :7938863:

Now , do I need off work time to check on our planet or Yuzu ? Nah, :laughing: . Thank you:10742288:

cant believe I’m LGC now :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:, just a few months ago when the forum just opened I was clueless about what to post and now ... still clueless but post away ...and I thought I would be mushroom forever:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

New translation by @gladi:

PJ Kwong, Matsuoka Shuzo, Nobu & former coach Tanaka on Yuzuru Hanyu (Asahi 2017-18 Grand Prix Official Guidebook)

https://wherespacepooh.tumblr.com/post/166300218084/pj-kwong-matsuoka-shuzo-nobu-former-coach

Excerpt:

Matsuoka Shuzo

“I have never thought of Hanyu as a soft person, not even once. He is someone with an inquisitive mind, a spirit of inquiry. His emotional attachment toward ‘winning,’ too, is twice as strong as everybody else’s. Valuing the act of challenging over the results––there’s also such ways of thinking, but Hanyu is an athlete who takes results seriously.”

24 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

Now , do I need off work time to check on our planet or Yuzu ? Nah, :laughing: . Thank you:10742288:

cant believe I’m LGC now :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:, just a few months ago when the forum just opened I was clueless about what to post and now ... still clueless but post away ...and I thought I would be mushroom forever:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

I am full of shame about my rank. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: And yet, I long to see what's next. *compulsivelypostpostpost *

How did the brainwashing of those students go, by the way? Any converts?

37 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I am full of shame about my rank. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: And yet, I long to see what's next. *compulsivelypostpostpost *

How did the brainwashing of those students go, by the way? Any converts?

Omg I totally forgot about those clueless students ACI was what happened next so ...

will ask my friend Tmr at work 

I need to collect those homeworks for research purpose :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

5 hours ago, kaeryth said:

This might sound really stupid, but how is it that competing in Olympics, World's etc doesn't make your profession 'figure skater' ? How are they 'amateurs' who 'go pro' when they retire? That's always confused me.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Also, hey! I'm still taller than Yuzu! :snkuyashii:i have mixed feelings about that.....

12 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

This might sound really stupid, but how is it that competing in Olympics, World's etc doesn't make your profession 'figure skater' ? How are they 'amateurs' who 'go pro' when they retire? That's always confused me.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Also, hey! I'm still taller than Yuzu! :snkuyashii:i have mixed feelings about that.....

I'm extremely new to FS but I assuming that once they retire from competitions and they become professionals by doing ice shows and stuff? 

Anyone can correct me .... 

:peekapooh:

3 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I'm extremely new to FS but I assuming that once they retire from competitions and they become professionals by doing ice shows and stuff? 

Anyone can correct me .... 

:peekapooh:

Lol I'm in the same boat! :2thumbsup:

That's the thing that confuses me. How is doing ice shows etc more professional than competing? :confused:

35 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

This is a bit tricky... a professional figure skater is a skater by profession - meaning they get paid to skate or being a figure skater is their job. Amateur or competitive skaters aren't paid to skate/compete. They win prize money or get sponsorships.  Sometime competitive skaters do ice shows but it is strictly regulated by ISU and their federation. Plushenko was once banned from competition for 1 year because he did ice shows without pre approval from his federation.

26 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

This is a bit tricky... a professional figure skater is a skater by profession - meaning they get paid to skate or being a figure skater is their job. Amateur or competitive skaters aren't paid to skate/compete. They win prize money or get sponsorships.  Sometime competitive skaters do ice shows but it is strictly regulated by ISU and their federation. Plushenko was once banned from competition for 1 year because he did ice shows without pre approval from his federation.

Thank you! :thanks: I think I see what you mean. :) Ironically, wouldn't these skaters probably be getting more money as competitive amateur skaters then professionals? Lol I shudder to think how much Yuzu earns from all his advertising contracts, books etc.:tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow: