General Yuzuru Chat

Hehe, and at the other place, they thought we were bad. Now look at how bad we really are when we have free reign :devil:

Just one word : The Church.

This is what lack of restrictions does to us. :wtf:

Also, quite a bit of non-Yuzu talk, but mostly The Church.

Hehe, and at the other place, they thought we were bad. Now look at how bad we really are when we have free reign :devil:

This is what lack of restrictiins does to us. :wtf:

That place is not for everyone for a reason though :grin:

(I'm still dying with laughter at the thought of the GS mods going through our invisible convos over there :laugh: )

This is what lack of restrictiins does to us. :wtf:

That place is not for everyone for a reason though :grin:

(I'm still dying with laughter at the thought of the GS mods going through our invisible convos over there :laugh: )

Imagine when they find Yata's floppage song :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Imagine when they find Yata's floppage song :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Eeehhh... I think I missed that?

Can't say I'm surprised though :space:

For the perspective - 10k is well over 660 pages in the old FF. In a week. LOL

Well, we had some news of sorts today. In an instagram. Yuzu's back in Toronto, remember?

Tbh, dk whether or not I should jot down something from GS FF as below.

************************************************************************************************

:pbow: Sep 28, 2011 ~ Apr 30, 2017 :pbow:

Total pages: 4,743

Total posts 71,022

Total views: 13,888,942

************************************************************************************************

Perhaps I was just shocked and was afraid of something so unpredictable going to happen that I found myself writing down those figures. As I always learn a lot from you all so now just try to take the first opportunity to make myself useful!

Just in case, if these figures are incorrect as the final ones or if you've already had this record at hand but it's maybe unproper to mention herein, please do feel free to correct or even delete it.

Thank you :space:

My friend in Korea came through with the PyeongChang lottery! We'll be in Level A for Team SP and LP AND Men's Singles SP and LP!!

Woooo Congrats!!! :s_yahoo :s_drinks Make sure you get Pamigena to FedEX you some of her fairy dust for our :hachimaki: :goe:

My friend in Korea came through with the PyeongChang lottery! We'll be in Level A for Team SP and LP AND Men's Singles SP and LP!!

Fans_war_face.gif

Woohoo! Congrats! :yay:

Sorry, my point was rather unclear in my first post. After seeing
I’ve been concerned about how they would control the momentum while landing 4A, because making full rotation would require huge momentum, so I simply thought that if the skater has enough height=air time, it might give him/her enough time to loosen up and prepare for the landing. But yes, there are many factors other than height and distance…
Height is the defining factor of a successful quad as long as they're not the Axel. All Yuzuru's quads are all very high. That's why when you don't get enough height, you have to cheat like *someone* and land with bad body alignment.

But one more thing, the speed going into the jumps has effect on the distance of the jumps. Mao's jumps have ok height but not the distance and she often UR because she slowed down a lot before her jumps. Yuna's jumps have good distance because she throw herself into the jumps. For Satoko, it's easier to land her jumps when they're 30 cm above the ice.

The point is, Quad Axel is not some normal quads. It's not the kind you get enough height and you get it done. Some skaters can slow down before usual quads like 4T and still get the 4T done. But 4A? You need both crazy height and insane speed.

(That's why I laugh at people saying Shoma can get the 4A. Please... he doesn't get enough height for normal quads and have to rotate almost one revolution on ice...)

I think to get that extra height necessary to complete the rotation, it might be necessary to come in with more speed too (which is why doing it from steps and with minimum preparation is very unlikely). That is why to complete it you need more height + fast rotation and somehow also more speed. More speed might help you get more height and naturally it would result in more distance. I kind of agree with the momentum part though; you mean checking out to stop the rotation right? More airtime does help because if Yuzu checkout just veeery close before landing, he might not slow down the rotation just enough and the angular momentum from the rotation might throw him off and make him fall on the landing (some people call it over-rotation).

This is one pretty good article that explains a bit about the mechanics of jumping in figure skating http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archive/features/jumping.htm

I will quote

While the speed at the takeoff of a jump can impact the effectiveness with which a skater executes the takeoff - and thus the height of the jump - in ice skating very little of a skater's horizontal speed actually is converted into vertical speed to increase the height of a jump. For this reason the analogy to pole vaulting used in describing tap jumps is not particularly accurate. In pole vaulting the energy of the horizontal motion of the vaulter is briefly converted to potential energy by bending the pole nearly in half. When released this energy is converted to vertical speed to attain height in the vault. The degree to which blades, boots, and the skater's body can "bend" to store potential energy, however, is limited, and thus limits the extent to which the skater gets a vaulting action in a tap jump.

You can read it there in a more detailed explanation to why I said height is what matters the most in determining airtime, and though speed may help, it affects very little to the total airtime. Skaters with not enough height that can complete the rotation necessary usually would : either pre-rotate or rotate considerably faster.